Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1380

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#11 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Calls names, leaves and comes back a few months later to call more names= circle jerk.


darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 183

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#12 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:29 pm

YourFather wrote:Lol I love "dual faction players" who make one-sided observations.


You don't have to be a dual faction player to make that observation....
He is right though, its the same topics over and over again.
For a "mature" forum, there's a ridiculous amount of whining from all sides.


User avatar
Piper139
Major General
Posts: 295

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#13 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Well just a bit more. None of the gang are willing to acknowledge that any complaint by a rebel might be legit. Plegius whines that he wins 400% of his defenses but rebs have the advantage. Let's see...what else. Vans are equal to snipers. Elite at te is better than elite at at. Ok ... mine is l1. It rocks. At dying. Kessen is better for rebs. Bullshit. My primary hero for both. Hfds vs mhcs on hoth...holy shit. Have you seen the death star ray mhcs shoot? Only legit complaint you bunch of pansies might have is the difference between buffed jets and jumps. Still, if you wusses would learn to use kessen, they never appear. And yeah, I'm being an ass. Fits the forum in its pitiful state.
Leader Sith-Society HQ 10 Medals 40k 4 openings
Leader Havoc_u4ea HQ 10 Medals 17k 0 openings
Image


User avatar
ALSW
Captain
Posts: 81

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#14 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Hey Piper, good to see you here mate. Likewise, when I come back here, i only see rebs still complaining about not able to win attacks because of our GR snipers. I do hope dual faction players like yourself and other vets teach guys who are struggling tricks and tips on how to overcome this and start winning. (Head over to Line app). From my point of view, I'm winning because of my SC and sonics turrets and the way rebs attacks me. Recently, lots of lvl 9 rebs keep attacking me on Tat but of course they faceplant because they just ain't got enough firepower. Btw my GR troops lvl 3-4, rodian at lvl 1. So, in no way are they a big threat. Like I said before, get more frags and skip bases. Risk losing if you wanna just go for loot.
Image
Level 50 Max Squad Perks
Group of working adults that prioritize family first.
Recruiting now. Spaces available for active players.
Lord AL


User avatar
YourFather
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Piper139 wrote:Well just a bit more. None of the gang are willing to acknowledge that any complaint by a rebel might be legit. Plegius whines that he wins 400% of his defenses but rebs have the advantage. Let's see...what else. Vans are equal to snipers. Elite at te is better than elite at at. Ok ... mine is l1. It rocks. At dying. Kessen is better for rebs. Bullshit. My primary hero for both. Hfds vs mhcs on hoth...holy shit. Have you seen the death star ray mhcs shoot? Only legit complaint you bunch of pansies might have is the difference between buffed jets and jumps. Still, if you wusses would learn to use kessen, they never appear. And yeah, I'm being an ass. Fits the forum in its pitiful state.


I was going to let this die but it occurred to me the reason why I get pulled into so many arguments with people on here is due to my disdain for poor argumentation and their expectation of being validated, regardless of merit. Let's use your argument as an example;

Piper139"... Let's see...what else. Vans are equal to snipers...

nobody said that lol. Plagueis said "Gr Snipers shouldn't be compared to GR Vans." If you disagree with that point, say so but don't make stuff up.

Piper139...Elite at te is better than elite at at. Ok ... mine is l1. It rocks. At dying...

You invalidated your own opinion on something. You've immediately lost half of anyone reading your message.

Piper139...Kessen is better for rebs. Bullshit. My primary hero for both...

This only proves you're stuck using the same tactics for both of your accounts. Are you tactically lazy or are you withholding information to clarify your argument?

Piper139 Hfds vs mhcs on hoth...holy shit. Have you seen the death star ray mhcs shoot?...

What you basically just said was; "nuh-uh, MHCs are better than hails because they're super strong!" OK, let's construct a real argument here;
Cold-weather hails are beautifully efficient. They deal just enough damage to be deadly and players who use them proficiently on defense design their bases so that each of their 5 hails get stuck in different places under shields. It's a brutally effective tactic because it will divide the attackers air support once the shields are down.

With MHCs, yes they are stronger. They also have a considerably higher UC which limits the amount a defender can put into their SC. So since the rebel attacker only needs to airstrike 3 MHCS (FYI, 1 airstrike kills an MHC or hail equally) they're dealt with more quickly. The extra damage dealt by MHCs is moot anyway as most of it is overkill.


Piper139"...Only legit complaint you bunch of pansies might have is the difference between buffed jets and jumps. Still, if you wusses would learn to use kessen, they never appear....

Only pansies snipe the SC. Real players bait and lure.
-See how easy it is to make generalizations? What's worse, you're make a very poor generalization as a counter point to what even you admit to being a strong argument. That, for me, was what truly urged me to respond to your post. You begin your post complaining about how Imperials aren't willing to acknowledge points made by rebel players. Well, if you guys actually took the time to form a constructive argument, I would be more than happy to hear from your side!

All I hear right now is "GR snipers are OP because look at the leaderboard!" "GR Snipers are op because I feel they are!" "We don't have any real evidence of GR snipers being OP but I'm sure something will come out in another 20 page exodus thread!" "Imperials who have even one page talking about their opinions which conflict with that of rebels are forming a circle jerk!"

Come on Piper, I've read your posts since the playdom forum and I know you're capable of much more than you're giving.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1380

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#16 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Piper139 wrote:Well just a bit more. None of the gang are willing to acknowledge that any complaint by a rebel might be legit. Plegius whines that he wins 400% of his defenses but rebs have the advantage. Let's see...what else. Vans are equal to snipers. Elite at te is better than elite at at. Ok ... mine is l1. It rocks. At dying. Kessen is better for rebs. Bullshit. My primary hero for both. Hfds vs mhcs on hoth...holy shit. Have you seen the death star ray mhcs shoot? Only legit complaint you bunch of pansies might have is the difference between buffed jets and jumps. Still, if you wusses would learn to use kessen, they never appear. And yeah, I'm being an ass. Fits the forum in its pitiful state.



1.

I claim I win 70-75% of the time on average. I do worse against max lvl 10s obviously. I see a ton of rebels with really good defense win counts in conflicts, but noooo rebels don’t have offensive (attack strength, not matchup) and defensive advantages judging by 99% of them attacking and filling their SCs with almost nothing but jets, which you admit are better than jumps...which are the strongest offensive units imps have..

Piper, if you didn’t want to win every defense, then why did you upgrade your turrets, walls, shields, dekas, traps, SC and armory equipment? Probably like everyone else, you were hoping to win MORE, if not EVERYTIME on defense by upgrading your defensive structures. If you don’t believe that still, then turn off your armory equipment before logging off and burn your SC troops on your next attack. Practice what you preach and allow everyone to win against your base most of the time.

2.

I’ve always said that GR snipes and Vans should NOT be compared apples to apples when imp defense has to stop an attack that’s 30% stronger. Never have Insaid they were equal or should be equal.

3.

Elite at-te is better than elite at-at on Hoth, Tat and Er’kit. Same stats, better blockers. Given the choice, anyone would choose the side with the better blockers for those heroes on those planets.

4.

How many imps have maxed IAs vs. rebels having maxed med droids to heal their kessen? Not to mention a screen of fliers with an additional health boost to protect him.

5.

Number of hails that can fit into an SC = 5.
Number of mhcs = 3

Rebels can even fill their SCs with 3 cold hails, 2 sullustans and an at-rt.

Tell me which one is harder to take out. 3 clustered mhcs or a spread out group of sullustans, followed by an at-rt and 3 trapped hails far behind them?

Do I also have to mention how easy guard reserve is to lure and that hails have 3 times the movement speed of mhcs so when they do get loose, they can actually roll up and stop an attack? You can’t tell me a lvl 3-4 GR mhc that does 1/2 damage to jets is any threat outside of hoth and even then jets mow over them. Maybe it’s a sign that even SC cold weather mhcs aren’t as good as SC cold hails when every rebel on hoth runs them (even over grossly OP jets) and imps still use rodians.

The really telling thing is that I still see hails being used away from hoth on offense. 7 UC is no big deal to lose. 12 is a different story. No smart imp is going to commit 12 uc to a unit that will most likely faceplant the second a turret breathes on it on all but 1 planet.

6

You’re telling imps that the only way they can win is by using kessen. Seriously, our success is dependent on one gray-area exploit? At least rebels have strong enough fliers to more easily compensate for not making the kessen shot.

See ya in a few months.
Last edited by Plagueis on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 725

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#17 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

YourFather wrote:Cold-weather hails are beautifully efficient. They deal just enough damage to be deadly and players who use them proficiently on defense design their bases so that each of their 5 hails get stuck in different places under shields. It's a brutally effective tactic because it will divide the attackers air support once the shields are down.

With MHCs, yes they are stronger. They also have a considerably higher UC which limits the amount a defender can put into their SC. So since the rebel attacker only needs to airstrike 3 MHCS (FYI, 1 airstrike kills an MHC or hail equally) they're dealt with more quickly. The extra damage dealt by MHCs is moot anyway as most of it is overkill.


Wrong on the airstrikes.

MHC:
level 10 unit with level 5 skin has 86,508 health. A level ten fang fighter only does 66,080 damage to vehicles. There is no plane that can kill it in one strike.

Hail:
level 10 unit with level 5 skin has 27,468 health. A level one fang fighter does 38,560 damage to vehicles, so you don't even have to hit the hail dead on to kill it.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


User avatar
YourFather
Major General
Posts: 268

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#18 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Shelendil wrote:
YourFather wrote:Cold-weather hails are beautifully efficient. They deal just enough damage to be deadly and players who use them proficiently on defense design their bases so that each of their 5 hails get stuck in different places under shields. It's a brutally effective tactic because it will divide the attackers air support once the shields are down.

With MHCs, yes they are stronger. They also have a considerably higher UC which limits the amount a defender can put into their SC. So since the rebel attacker only needs to airstrike 3 MHCS (FYI, 1 airstrike kills an MHC or hail equally) they're dealt with more quickly. The extra damage dealt by MHCs is moot anyway as most of it is overkill.


Wrong on the airstrikes.

MHC:
level 10 unit with level 5 skin has 86,508 health. A level ten fang fighter only does 66,080 damage to vehicles. There is no plane that can kill it in one strike.

Hail:
level 10 unit with level 5 skin has 27,468 health. A level one fang fighter does 38,560 damage to vehicles, so you don't even have to hit the hail dead on to kill it.


Well my MHC skins aren't level 5 so when I tried MHCs on defense they were killed with one airstrike. Given the amount of time I played the game when cold-weather MHCs were first introduced, I would be willing to bet most imperials don't have their skin anywhere close to level 5 at this time.


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 725

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#19 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:02 pm

YourFather wrote:
Shelendil wrote:
YourFather wrote:Cold-weather hails are beautifully efficient. They deal just enough damage to be deadly and players who use them proficiently on defense design their bases so that each of their 5 hails get stuck in different places under shields. It's a brutally effective tactic because it will divide the attackers air support once the shields are down.

With MHCs, yes they are stronger. They also have a considerably higher UC which limits the amount a defender can put into their SC. So since the rebel attacker only needs to airstrike 3 MHCS (FYI, 1 airstrike kills an MHC or hail equally) they're dealt with more quickly. The extra damage dealt by MHCs is moot anyway as most of it is overkill.


Wrong on the airstrikes.

MHC:
level 10 unit with level 5 skin has 86,508 health. A level ten fang fighter only does 66,080 damage to vehicles. There is no plane that can kill it in one strike.

Hail:
level 10 unit with level 5 skin has 27,468 health. A level one fang fighter does 38,560 damage to vehicles, so you don't even have to hit the hail dead on to kill it.


Well my MHC skins aren't level 5 so when I tried MHCs on defense they were killed with one airstrike. Given the amount of time I played the game when cold-weather MHCs were first introduced, I would be willing to bet most imperials don't have their skin anywhere close to level 5 at this time.


Ok... a level 10 MHC with a level 1 skin has 66,420 health. Still not killable by any plane in one strike.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1380

Re: Devs have decided to nerf imps GR snipers again..

Post#20 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:52 pm

The same wiki page that shows fang fighter’s total damage 66,080 to vehicles also shows that imp and rebel RFTs are identical in stats. If the dude is losing SC mhcs on hoth to single fang fighters, maybe that modifier info on the wiki is inaccurate. More testing must be done to confirm.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beththeboss, CommonCrawl [Bot], convox, darklord, Kannibaal, legofanatikeren, Linkdex [Bot] and 30 guests