Ripped off with the Ultra Naval Assault Crate offer

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Swad
Major General

Re: Ripped off with the Ultra Naval Assault Crate offer

Post#11 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:49 am

Crates offered most days but never have bought. The offers are indeed ambiguous, intentionally I would think.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 7 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Associated with ShadowInMe a high level, active Imperial war squad.Join us for war

sgu97cab
Commodore

Post#12 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:34 pm

TNT wrote:
sgu97cab wrote:Hi All.

Did anyone see or buy todays in game offer for the Ultra Naval Assault Crate? It appeared today and was offering 2 of the following for 1000 crystals:
10 x Naval Officer
10 x Rodian Recon Sniper
10 x Imperial Starfighter Pilot
12 x Tie Advanced
I rarely purchase crates with crystals but had a bunch saved up and was close to upgrading all these units so thought I would buy the crate. FYI I was only 10 frags off upgrading the starfigher pilot, 7 frags off upgrading the Rodian, 4 frags off upgrading the Naval Officer.
To my dismay when I opened the crate it gave me only 8 frags for the Starfighter (2 short of the advertised and 2 short of getting me an upgrade), and it gave me 8 VT-49 frags which werent even advertised!
Attached I took a photo of the offer appearing on my secondary account as I couldnt screen shot it from my main account.
Suffice to say I have written a complaint (no doubt in vain) to Disney SWC support.

If anyone else opened one I would be interested if you got what was advertised or were short-changed like me.

Well, at least you learned a valuable lesson. Never buy anything in a free to play mobile game and don't forget to teach your kids the same lesson. :)

Really though, the reason is the up to and good chance wording. It's quite simple. If you ever see a deal, anywhere, look for the up to and good chance crap and then decide to go do something more constructive, like folding paper hats.

Hi TNT. I have never purchased anything in game in SWC nor any others. I used free Crystals I had saved up for ages.
In Game Name: Bacon
Leader - AUS-Darth_Gump (Empire / Level 50 / W111 D2 L9)

sgu97cab
Commodore

Post#13 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Xinix wrote:How on earth did you think the crate description offered you 42 frags?

This is not even close to ambiguous. It is like claiming you got ripped off in a lottery because you didn't get the 1 million dollar prize on offer.

Xinix, are you referring to my post? I said it was offering 2 of the 4 things on offer. i.e. would have been 22 frags max.

Xinix
Commodore

Post#14 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:12 pm

sgu97cab wrote:
Xinix wrote:How on earth did you think the crate description offered you 42 frags?

This is not even close to ambiguous. It is like claiming you got ripped off in a lottery because you didn't get the 1 million dollar prize on offer.

Xinix, are you referring to my post? I said it was offering 2 of the 4 things on offer. i.e. would have been 22 frags max.

Fair point: my bad.

sgu97cab
Commodore

Post#15 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 pm

Finally got a response from Disney, then responded back to them saying what they are doing amounts to false advertising and if this happened anywhere else the customer should be entitled to a refund or some other compensation. Below was their response. In summary, probably best to never waste crystals buying any special offer crates in future.

"Thank you for getting back to us. We can understand where you are coming from here, however please know that we will not be refunding you those Crystals, or sending you replacement crates. Any time you see the word "Possible" in the crate preview, the rewards listed below and that show up on the right hand side, are only "Possible" rewards.

The units and items that you see in crate previews, will not be a "Guaranteed" reward until you see the word "Guaranteed" in the description. It would replace the word "Possible" in all crate previews. And when it comes to the amount of fragments or items you receive from the crate, the preview will always show you the best possible amount of fragments you could get .This means that it is very possible for you to still only get 1 fragment from the crate from whatever unit it gives you."

Swad
Major General

Post#16 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:52 am

Each of the frags includes the word "possible" , as shown in your picture above. This is the small print, albeit in plain site. Never worth getting those crates unless you dont care what you get when opened.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 7 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Associated with ShadowInMe a high level, active Imperial war squad.Join us for war

lurker
Captain

Post#17 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:51 am

sgu97cab wrote:Hi All.

Did anyone see or buy todays in game offer for the Ultra Naval Assault Crate? It appeared today and was offering 2 of the following for 1000 crystals:
10 x Naval Officer
10 x Rodian Recon Sniper
10 x Imperial Starfighter Pilot
12 x Tie Advanced
I rarely purchase crates with crystals but had a bunch saved up and was close to upgrading all these units so thought I would buy the crate. FYI I was only 10 frags off upgrading the starfigher pilot, 7 frags off upgrading the Rodian, 4 frags off upgrading the Naval Officer.
To my dismay when I opened the crate it gave me only 8 frags for the Starfighter (2 short of the advertised and 2 short of getting me an upgrade), and it gave me 8 VT-49 frags which werent even advertised!
Attached I took a photo of the offer appearing on my secondary account as I couldnt screen shot it from my main account.
Suffice to say I have written a complaint (no doubt in vain) to Disney SWC support.

If anyone else opened one I would be interested if you got what was advertised or were short-changed like me.

Probably this crate: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/lc_n ... PD_v1.html
Data miner

BCSWC
Lieutenant

Post#18 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:44 pm

At least better than the regular naval crate that I've bought. Ended up bloody samples rather than fragments. Could call these damm loot boxes now.

DesertPyramid
Commodore

Post#19 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 pm

At work two coworkers were arguing over whether or not a vendor could make the claim that their software/product was better with the current release or not because it didn't work as expected and made life harder on the users, not easier. The second agreed that he didn't see how they could claim it was better.

A third leaned in to ask, "Did they say for whom?"
Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L33
Medals: ~23k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 3d/0f/0h
Game Thought: random number generator looks more like round robin to me.

wesman21
Commander

Post#20 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Man, I've never purchased a crate, only droids with crystals, but dang that was an awesome offer that would tempt anyone and to get that as a result. Pfft! How does Disney make $$$ off of this game?

Return to “General Discussions”