Ripped off with the Ultra Naval Assault Crate offer

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
sgu97cab
Major General

Ripped off with the Ultra Naval Assault Crate offer

Post#1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi All.

Did anyone see or buy todays in game offer for the Ultra Naval Assault Crate? It appeared today and was offering 2 of the following for 1000 crystals:
10 x Naval Officer
10 x Rodian Recon Sniper
10 x Imperial Starfighter Pilot
12 x Tie Advanced
I rarely purchase crates with crystals but had a bunch saved up and was close to upgrading all these units so thought I would buy the crate. FYI I was only 10 frags off upgrading the starfigher pilot, 7 frags off upgrading the Rodian, 4 frags off upgrading the Naval Officer.
To my dismay when I opened the crate it gave me only 8 frags for the Starfighter (2 short of the advertised and 2 short of getting me an upgrade), and it gave me 8 VT-49 frags which werent even advertised!
Attached I took a photo of the offer appearing on my secondary account as I couldnt screen shot it from my main account.
Suffice to say I have written a complaint (no doubt in vain) to Disney SWC support.

If anyone else opened one I would be interested if you got what was advertised or were short-changed like me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Re: Ripped off with the Ultra Naval Assault Crate offer

Post#2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 pm

That's a great deal compared to the one I was offered. 35% discount gets me down to 2000 crystals. Needless to say, there is zero chance of my buying it.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#3 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Probably doesn't matter now as the game appears to be dead. Hope you didn't pay money for those crystals.

FruitBowlMafia
Commodore

Post#4 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 pm

Mine was 5000 crystal, and 1000 crystals on my other 4 bases. Bastards...
Lone_Rebellion

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:51 pm

CoolGuy wrote:Probably doesn't matter now as the game appears to be dead. Hope you didn't pay money for those crystals.

No way man! I earned a load of Crystals using Tapjoy App some time ago when I was pushing for my fifth worker droid but since gave up on Tapjoy as they weren't always paying out on the offers and I kept having to raise missing crystals support requests. More recently I installed 'Quickthoughts' App in which you do online consumer surveys in return for free itunes vouchers.
Squad - NewSithEmpire

LosVega
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:40 pm

Been there, done that with Disney support. They claimed (or will claim in your case) that the offer states "up to ........whatever the offer is". Push them with a rational argument and they might give up a crate or two but I wouldn't hold my breath.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#7 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:13 pm

LosVega wrote:Been there, done that with Disney support. They claimed (or will claim in your case) that the offer states "up to ........whatever the offer is". Push them with a rational argument and they might give up a crate or two but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ok,noted. I love a good complaint and good at not backing down, i'll keep pushing them (assuming they even reply).
Squad - NewSithEmpire

TNT
Major General

Post#8 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:34 am

sgu97cab wrote:Hi All.

Did anyone see or buy todays in game offer for the Ultra Naval Assault Crate? It appeared today and was offering 2 of the following for 1000 crystals:
10 x Naval Officer
10 x Rodian Recon Sniper
10 x Imperial Starfighter Pilot
12 x Tie Advanced
I rarely purchase crates with crystals but had a bunch saved up and was close to upgrading all these units so thought I would buy the crate. FYI I was only 10 frags off upgrading the starfigher pilot, 7 frags off upgrading the Rodian, 4 frags off upgrading the Naval Officer.
To my dismay when I opened the crate it gave me only 8 frags for the Starfighter (2 short of the advertised and 2 short of getting me an upgrade), and it gave me 8 VT-49 frags which werent even advertised!
Attached I took a photo of the offer appearing on my secondary account as I couldnt screen shot it from my main account.
Suffice to say I have written a complaint (no doubt in vain) to Disney SWC support.

If anyone else opened one I would be interested if you got what was advertised or were short-changed like me.

Well, at least you learned a valuable lesson. Never buy anything in a free to play mobile game and don't forget to teach your kids the same lesson. :)

Really though, the reason is the up to and good chance wording. It's quite simple. If you ever see a deal, anywhere, look for the up to and good chance crap and then decide to go do something more constructive, like folding paper hats.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#9 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:31 am

As long as you collect these crystals by harvesting rocks and debris, watching free ads and from objective and HD crates -that is to say for FREE, however long it takes- it is not too bad imho.
See it as a bonus once you have gathered all 5 droids and come to the conclusion that speeding up research/turret upgrades doesn't pay off either.
However, the rate at which you accumulate free gems is not good, especially if you compare the relative ease with which you get can free crystals in Clash, by fulfilling objectives and by the free gifts at events such as Halloween, X--mas etc. On the other hand, upgrades at the higher levels are more expensive there so you have to burn more crystals...

But I have seen this offer as well, 1000 crystals for me... I think I'll pass. still 400 crystals to go anyway. What bothers me more is the huge difference of this offering. For me 1000, for FBM 5000????

Anyway, who has a lower offer than 1000? :-)
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

Xinix
Major General

Post#10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:20 am

How on earth did you think the crate description offered you 42 frags?

This is not even close to ambiguous. It is like claiming you got ripped off in a lottery because you didn't get the 1 million dollar prize on offer.

Return to “General Discussions”