How do I attract a few more players?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TigerTank
Storm Trooper

How do I attract a few more players?

Post#1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 am

Imp.warlords has been around a long time, but I’m new to leadership. We’re an awesome squad... active, regular wars, organized. It’s been like this for years, and as a training camp, there is unlimited room for advancement.

It’s just hard to get the message out there.

I need about 5 more active members. How the F do I recruit?

I’ve posted on the forum here. I’m thinking about advertising for players in less active squads too, but as Leader, leaving is difficult. So I’m reading up on some tips in this forum and I need more. Lay it on me please!
Leader of Imp.warlords

Imp.warlords is looking for Level 1-7 Imperial Players
If YOU Want to War - Join Us Now!

DeathStriker

Re: How do I attract a few more players?

Post#2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:44 am

TigerTank wrote:Imp.warlords has been around a long time, but I’m new to leadership.

So I’m reading up on some tips in this forum and I need more. Lay it on me please!

TigerTank - The Auto-Fill Feature is one way of finding New Squad Members. You will need 15+ Members. This is why Swad (which you can PM) sends in the "Clone Accounts" which can be discarded to get the "Auto-Fill Process" started.

Once you get above 20 the processes discussed in my post found here take effect.

I would recommend you contact Swad and see if he can help you.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Swad
Major General

Post#3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 am

Hi TigerTank,
I have seen your post and happy to help. However, looking at your group set up, I think you are almost there.
As far as I can see, EnforcersSquad is your main squad with approx 28 members. Imp.Warlords seems to be one of 2 feeder squads for EnforcersSquad, who have 15 members between them.
In this case, provided my info above is correct, you just need to move a few players into Imp.Warlords to kick start autofill.
Good luck and let me know if I can do anything to help.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Then there's the usual: flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep...
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Check out Family Guy Blue Harvest. Hilarious!

TigerTank
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:09 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
TigerTank wrote:Imp.warlords has been around a long time, but I’m new to leadership.

So I’m reading up on some tips in this forum and I need more. Lay it on me please!

TigerTank - The Auto-Fill Feature is one way of finding New Squad Members. You will need 15+ Members. This is why Swad (which you can PM) sends in the "Clone Accounts" which can be discarded to get the "Auto-Fill Process" started.

Once you get above 20 the processes discussed in my post found here take effect.

Niccce. This is good info. Thank you for sharing.

EDIT:

Swad wrote:Hi TigerTank,
I have seen your post and happy to help. However, looking at your group set up, I think you are almost there.
As far as I can see, EnforcersSquad is your main squad with approx 28 members. Imp.Warlords seems to be one of 2 feeder squads for EnforcersSquad, who have 15 members between them.
In this case, provided my info above is correct, you just need to move a few players into Imp.Warlords to kick start autofill.
Good luck and let me know if I can do anything to help.

Swad, your info is accurate enough and it is incredibly helpful. It’s so logical I should have thought of it sooner. Thanks much for the insight.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
Leader of Imp.warlords

Imp.warlords is looking for Level 1-7 Imperial Players
If YOU Want to War - Join Us Now!

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#6 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Get more of your peeps in on this and other threads. The best part of SWC is the community aspect of it and people look for squads that have it. Showing it here on the forum goes a long way towards showing what your squad is all about. Build that community and they will come.

geoman48
Commodore

Post#7 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:59 am

DeathStriker wrote:TigerTank - The Auto-Fill Feature is one way of finding New Squad Members. You will need 15+ Members. This is why Swad (which you can PM) sends in the "Clone Accounts" which can be discarded to get the "Auto-Fill Process" started.

Is the autofill feature currently disabled? One of my squads had 30 members, but 10 were inactive. So i pruned 4 inactive HQ2's cause we couldn't even use them for squad wars. That was about 5 days ago. My squad remains at 26. Anybody else experiencing similar? Seems they accidentally or intentionally disable the feature periodically?
:mrgreen: do you have the droids I'm looking for? :mrgreen:

DeathStriker

Post#8 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:50 am

geoman48 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:TigerTank - The Auto-Fill Feature is one way of finding New Squad Members. You will need 15+ Members.

Is the autofill feature currently disabled? One of my squads had 30 members, but 10 were inactive. So i pruned 4 inactive HQ2's cause we couldn't even use them for squad wars. That was about 5 days ago. My squad remains at 26. Anybody else experiencing similar? Seems they accidentally or intentionally disable the feature periodically?

geoman48 - It is important that you set your Squad to Open to All and 0 (No) Medal Requirement.

If you have done this you should see new Members added until you reach 30. If you delete one while still in Open to All and 0 (No) Medal Requirement you will get another... and so on... and so on...

Setting your Squads Medal Requirement to 500 or more stops the Auto Fill Process.

To be "featured" on the Featured Squad List your Squad needs to have ONLY 15 to 20 Members.

Hope this helps.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

geoman48
Commodore

Post#9 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:01 am

DeathStriker wrote:geoman48 - It is important that you set your Squad to Open to All and 0 (No) Medal Requirement.

If you have done this you should see new Members added until you reach 30. If you delete one while still in Open to All and 0 (No) Medal Requirement you will get another... and so on... and so on...

Setting your Squads Medal Requirement to 500 or more stops the Auto Fill Process.

To be "featured" on the Featured Squad List your Squad needs to have ONLY 15 to 20 Members. Hope this helps.

It does help. The thing that is puzzling is that typically when i remove inactive players, new players will join the squad within minutes. I've pruned inactives many a times with 25-26 left in the squad. However, now the featured is only 15-20. I would not want to prune the squad below 21 members to get featured because with only 15-20 players its hard to have enough people active for squad wars. But I guess i'll try it. Thanks! :)
:mrgreen: do you have the droids I'm looking for? :mrgreen:

Swad
Major General

Post#10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:41 am

geoman48 wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:geoman48 - It is important that you set your Squad to Open to All and 0 (No) Medal Requirement.

To be "featured" on the Featured Squad List your Squad needs to have ONLY 15 to 20 Members. Hope this helps.

It does help. The thing that is puzzling is that typically when i remove inactive players, new players will join the squad within minutes. I've pruned inactives many a times with 25-26 left in the squad. However, now the featured is only 15-20. I would not want to prune the squad below 21 members to get featured because with only 15-20 players its hard to have enough people active for squad wars. But I guess i'll try it. Thanks! :)

Geoman48,
Another tip in your case , where you dont want to get kick players, purely to get on featured list is to ask some players to leave, for an hour or so , then return. Just make sure enough leave to get you below 20 , to appear on featured list. It does work. Also keep medal count above zero.
The selling point is that chat lag disappears for the players who step out then return.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Return to “General Discussions”