Conflict Rewards Don't Match

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Thxskullsrock
Captain

Conflict Rewards Don't Match

Post#1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 am

Conflict rewards

I seem to have a glitch
On the latest conflicts the rewards on the world screen do not match the rewards on crate screen.
I will try and add pix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Thread Post
It's a good way to waste time!!
:shock:

Thxskullsrock
Captain

Re: Conflict rewards

Post#2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:55 am

Having trouble adding screen shots

chicohound
Captain

Post#3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:03 am

Same thing on Tat for rebels. "Find a Match" screen shows a reward of A-wings but when you click on "View Leagues", it shows the reward of vanguards. I guess someone at Diz never swapped out the view league pics.

Gotta love their quality control in Mouseland.

Thxskullsrock
Captain

Post#4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 am

I have this on all conflict worlds.
Find a match screen shows different reward from league rewards.
Was thinking it might be because I had these rewards maxed out already ??!!

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:35 am

I think the Galaxy Map view is correct. The crate screen (View Leagues) needs updating as it still shows awards from the previous conflict. Maybe it gets updated when the conflict starts. Will see ...

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:47 am

DarkRebel wrote:I think the Galaxy Map view is correct. The crate screen (View Leagues) needs updating as it still shows awards from the previous conflict. Maybe it gets updated when the conflict starts. Will see ...

⬆ THIS!

I am almost certain once the Hotfix is published today starting Week 2 of the 6 Week "Star Wars Last Jedi" Event featuring the New SWC Event System that this "issue" will be resolved.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

systemshock
Commander

Post#7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 am

Actually, it makes more sense the other way :-)

See, for each conflict, we are getting different types of rewards. Sometimes it is a highly-desirable unit, like Kessen, on others it may be unit samples, etc. So, thinking, how it could possibly be coded, they probably specify (for each planet), a set of crates corresponding to the different tiers. For example "you get this and this reward for ultrachrome, that and that for the 5%, etc."

If so, and unless they are total morons, the game is probably loading the images for the screen, which displays all crates, from the game data. It makes no sense to fill this by hand. So, it probably reflects exactly what is specified in the game data as rewards for the conflict.

On the other hand, the image on the play screen (the one, which shows the planet) is probably hand picked. That's because sometimes there are conflicts, which give different types of units (remember the one, where they gave each faction units from the other). For those, there is no way for the game to know which of the many pictures to show, so probably they specify that by hand.

Of course I may be wrong, I don't know what is in their code. However, if I have to bet, my guess would be that they did what needs to be done by hand and specified the pictures for the Play page, but forgot to update the settings for the crates.

Anyway, unless they fix it, we will find the truth out at the end of the conflict, when everyone opens their crates and sees what's inside :-D

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#8 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:29 am

systemshock wrote:Actually, it makes more sense the other way :-)

See, for each conflict, we are getting different types of rewards. Sometimes it is a highly-desirable unit, like Kessen, on others it may be unit samples, etc. So, thinking, how it could possibly be coded, they probably specify (for each planet), a set of crates corresponding to the different tiers. For example "you get this and this reward for ultrachrome, that and that for the 5%, etc."

If so, and unless they are total morons, the game is probably loading the images for the screen, which displays all crates, from the game data. It makes no sense to fill this by hand. So, it probably reflects exactly what is specified in the game data as rewards for the conflict.

On the other hand, the image on the play screen (the one, which shows the planet) is probably hand picked. That's because sometimes there are conflicts, which give different types of units (remember the one, where they gave each faction units from the other). For those, there is no way for the game to know which of the many pictures to show, so probably they specify that by hand.

Of course I may be wrong, I don't know what is in their code. However, if I have to bet, my guess would be that they did what needs to be done by hand and specified the pictures for the Play page, but forgot to update the settings for the crates.

Anyway, unless they fix it, we will find the truth out at the end of the conflict, when everyone opens their crates and sees what's inside :-D

Man, it seems complicated just from reading what you wrote above.

I just think that there are 2 places where they keep the conflict reward data, one for the high level view (which planet offers what) and one for the detail view (payout for each league level). The problem here is that they probably updated the high level (Galaxy) view but didn't update the detail view data.

I'd bet that once conflict starts, then these views will be synced up.

systemshock
Commander

Post#9 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Well, it started and they aren't :) :-) :-)

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:36 pm

systemshock wrote:Well, it started and they aren't :) :-) :-)

CONFIRMED!

And so now we wait for a Hotfix to correct the issue - hopefully by the end of the Tatooine Conflict (where I am at).

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”