High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shelendil
Admiral

Re: High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

Post#31 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:36 pm

If you've built the turrets, you've already taken the large jump in base score, so you should get them to the same level as the rest of your turrets. Medships are useful, so level 10 starport is a good idea. Other production buildings, resource generators, and traps are what I prioritize last.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#32 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:01 am

One piece of advice for upgrading to keep your base score manageable. Do you trap upgrades last. Traps take up a lot of building time and add greatly to your base score.

With my L8 secondary base I have built all traps, but kept them at L1-2 and the type of attackers I attract there (plus low level GR equipment) give me a very good number of defensive wins. Attack/defence are 4/1 there versus 20/1 on my full 10 base. Besides, it saves tons of alloy in resetting traps allowing me to rapidly upgrade walls
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#33 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 am

Better yet, don't build most of your traps. A level 1 trap adds 30 to the base score, which is more than a level 1 turret. If you don't build them, you will get to loot at a higher rate (30% on alloy/credit vs the normal 20%, and ~18% on cb vs the normal 10%). My level 8 has 4 maxed out traps; I wish I only had maybe 2. At level 10, there are just too many traps imo. We never had the striker traps on windows, but it got to be a major pita to place all of the other traps. You're almost forced to design you base around the stupid traps, which makes no sense. And you also spend a ton in alloy fixing them if you leave them out in the open. I really, really doubt that you save loot by building traps. In the long run, you'll save (or loot) much more alloy without them.

wesman21
Captain

Post#34 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:14 am

Everything was fully maxed before I upgraded to level 10, so my base score was as high as could be. I'll definitely save traps and turrets for last, I'll just have to deal with the excess credits... again. But I'll put my extra alloy towards my wall when my droids are busy.

JobiWanKenobi
Cadet Trooper

Post#35 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Is there a thread anywhere that explains what upgrades affect base score???
Thanks in advance

Xinix
Major General

Post#36 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:17 am

JobiWanKenobi wrote:Is there a thread anywhere that explains what upgrades affect base score???
Thanks in advance

Check out http://ksod.us/base-score-table

There are plenty of times when my traps prevented a loss, or at least a star ... or the CB store being raided, etc.
Above a certain level (7-8) upgrading further doesn't really seem to matter though. Alloy cost for reset is only a minor nuisance if you just spent all your alloy on a turret or so.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#37 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:36 am

If you loot cb at the higher rate, protecting it won't matter as much. Also, you're less likely to be hit by someone that gets the 18% loot rate. Seriously, don't build traps, they are terrible.

Xinix
Major General

Post#38 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 pm

Once you get a decent lvl 10 base, players that get the higher loot rate rarely get to your CB at all.

Also don't beg for pity loot ... be a player :).

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#39 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 pm

JobiWanKenobi wrote:Is there a thread anywhere that explains what upgrades affect base score???
Thanks in advance

This is a fairly legible table for base score:

http://www.star-wars-commander-info.com ... adquarters
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

wesman21
Captain

Post#40 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:27 am

After reading all of this advice I feel like I did the WRONG thing by upgrading every structure fully before going to level 10 and then immediately building the remaining structures upon getting to level 10.

Return to “General Discussions”