High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Jaykoz3
Commander

Re: High Level Player Issues

Post#21 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 pm

wesman21 wrote:
Jaykoz3 wrote:I would recommend upgrading the units you use the most first.

For me I would Definitely upgrade Jumps & Storms. L10 jumps are very powerful for Squad War's, and also make the armory buffs that much more powerful. Pretty much most units will become very effective/useful at L10. Dewbacks at L10 make great meat shields for Vader.

Personally I don't use a lot of Star Ships when I attack. The most useful for me are the T5, Decimator and Tie Striker. Outside of that, I use Tie's to snipe contra safe houses, but that's rare and usually only when I make a kamikaze run for a big score.

Also, if you have the naval officer unlocked, I'd recommend upgrading the Red Guard. Naval Officer makes him a very viable unit.

I'm up to level 3 for the forest jump buff, but even when I spam all jumpers I don't consistently get good results, they are at level 9. I may just need to try more.

Very interesting about the dews and such, I do like shaking it up sometimes.

I have the naval officer unlocked, just need to try it out more. What kind of units to you usually deploy with him?

I usually deploy the following on Forest Worlds:

AT-ACT (L10, L5 Skin) or L10 Red Guard w/ L4 Naval Officer Skin
L10 Shock
8 L10 Jumps w/ L4 Skin
12 L10 Stroms w/ L6 Skin
3 L10 Hover Tanks w/ L4 Skin
2 L10 Bikes
1 L7 Lugga

Starships I usually have:
2 T5's (L7)
2 Tie Strikers (L5)
2 Decimators (L4)
2 Tie Fighters (L9)
1 Tie Interceptor (L6)

The Naval Officer takes out turrets from distance, plus has a ton of health, and the air strikes he brings help to soften rebel buildings/defenses. I usually Deploy the Shock, then drop a horde of Jumps slightly spread out with a lugga, then deploy the tanks and naval officer. I use the storms to take out perimeter buildings, and the bikes to deal with Dekas/SC Troops/IDT Traps.

wesman21
Commander

Re: High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

Post#22 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 am

Thanks so much for the advice and deployment info guys, it has definitely helps.

Here is where I'm at and I'm trying to decide what to do next.

I had all structures either maxed or at level 9 heading into the upgrade, I upgraded some new walls and new buildings while waiting, but here are the level 9's:

Armory, Research Lab, Transport (IP), Transport (IP), Squad Center (IP). I have two available droids. We won a squad war and I cancelled my two lower level turret upgrades after 1.5 days in to cash in on the alloy and upgrade my Squad Center. I got 6 million from the war even though my capacity is 4 million. So my question is do I start upgrading my capacity now? I'd be pissed if I got another 6 mil alloy or credit haul and didn't have room for all of it.

My lab just finished, should I upgrade my jumpers to 10 or my elite at-at? I think hover tanks and storm troopers would be 3rd and 4th or maybe some air units.

Thanks!

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#23 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:02 am

Upgrade your alloy vaults for sure. You’ll need to in order to get your turrets to 10. Get your jumps to 10 first and then whatever hero you want to go with. After that I would do this:

Storms, heavies, snipes, hovertanks, bikes etc. Get your core infantry upgraded first as they’re generally more useful than vehicles.

DeathStriker

Post#24 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am

wesman21 wrote:Thanks so much for the advice and deployment info guys, it has definitely helps.

Here is where I'm at and I'm trying to decide what to do next.

I had all structures either maxed or at level 9 heading into the upgrade, I upgraded some new walls and new buildings while waiting, but here are the level 9's:

Armory, Research Lab, Transport (IP), Transport (IP), Squad Center (IP).

wesman21 - Refer back to my Post found here.

• FIRST - You don't have a Level 9 Armory - you have a Level 5 Armory (HQ 10 = Level 6).
  • Second - You need to start Upgrade on 3rd Troop Transport (if not already)
wesman21 wrote:I have two available droids. We won a squad war and I cancelled my two lower level turret upgrades after 1.5 days in to cash in on the alloy and upgrade my Squad Center. I got 6 million from the war even though my capacity is 4 million. So my question is do I start upgrading my capacity now? I'd be pissed if I got another 6 mil alloy or credit haul and didn't have room for all of it.

YES - Start with Image Alloy Depots as you will need these to be Level 10 in order to do most of the Upgrading for Level 10.

As Base Repair Droids become available include the Image Credit Vaults

wesman21 wrote:My lab just finished, should I upgrade my jumpers to 10 or my elite at-at? I think hover tanks and storm troopers would be 3rd and 4th or maybe some air units. Thanks!

RESEARCH LAB: During this Event, if you are able to get to the Elite Event Crates you want your Research Lab to be "Open For Business" so I would put off any Upgrades that take more then 4 Days.

REMINDER: Keep one Base Repair Droid available to Upgrade Walls to dispose of Alloy while "other" Upgrades are in progress.

Hope this helps...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

wesman21
Commander

Post#25 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:39 am

DeathStriker wrote:wesman21 - Refer back to my Post found here.

Thanks for the reminder, that was an excellent post!

DeathStriker wrote:
  • FIRST - You don't have a Level 9 Armory - you have a Level 5 Armory (HQ 10 = Level 6).

Right, right.

DeathStriker wrote:
  • Second - You need to start Upgrade on 3rd Troop Transport (if not already)

Have not, that shall be my next target unless I magically get several million alloy.

DeathStriker wrote:YES - Start with Image Alloy Depots as you will need these to be Level 10 in order to do most of the Upgrading for Level 10.

As Base Repair Droids become available include the Image Credit Vaults

RESEARCH LAB: During this Event, if you are able to get to the Elite Event Crates you want your Research Lab to be "Open For Business" so I would put off any Upgrades that take more then 4 Days.

Guess I'll target some lower starships. I want it open for business in case I get some frags for free upgrades?

DeathStriker wrote:REMINDER: Keep one Base Repair Droid available to Upgrade Walls to dispose of Alloy while "other" Upgrades are in progress.

And to repair dekas, will definitely do.

DeathStriker wrote:Hope this helps...

It did, thanks as usual!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Added Quotes for Clarity

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#26 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:39 am

Research lab and resource storage were always my first upgrades. Transports and SC are nice, but not critical.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Swad
Major General

Post#27 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:50 am

We all upgrade differently, but your priorities should depend on whether you are an attack or defence minded player:
Attack. SC, Research, then transports and troops.
Defence: SC, Storage, turrets, walls and shields.

Again this is just my opinion. Good luck with your upgrading.
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 7 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Associated with ShadowInMe a high level, active Imperial war squad.Join us for war

Boog
Admiral

Post#28 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:14 pm

When I was a ten on windows, I basically did my credit upgrades first. I was one or two buildings away from being done with credits forever (except research) when the plug got pulled. I had level 9 turrets and shields. The plan was to protect the alloy storage and leave the credit storage out for looters. I think it's better to leave the turrets and shields to the end: they don't help your defense, they just raise your base score and make defending and attacking harder. I pumped my excess alloy into my walls. Level 10 walls look cool, and they don't affect your base score. This was pre-jumper mania, so buffed high level walls were useful.

wesman21
Commander

Post#29 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:49 am

Update:

Fully updated: squad center, transport x3, armory, research lab, planetary command, one alloy depot and about 10 or 12 wall portions to level 10.

Currently upgrading a barracks to 10, factory to 10, vault to 10 and another depot.

I've upgraded my jumpers to 10 and am upgrading my elite ATAT to 10 right now.

So, what to do now? My two new turrets are both rapid and level 6 and my new factory is level 5, do I just bite the bullet and get those to level 9?

I'd like to upgrade my starship command to level 10, but I'd need to do another vault. Is that the right route?

From previous comments it seems like I can wait on all of the resource generating buildings till the end as well as my other barracks and factories.

I'd try and start upgrading my turrets to level 10, but if that raises my base score too quickly, I guess I can hold off.

Thanks in advance!

DeathStriker

Post#30 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm

wesman21 wrote:Update:

Fully updated: squad center, transport x3, armory, research lab, planetary command, one alloy depot and about 10 or 12 wall portions to level 10.

Currently upgrading a barracks to 10, factory to 10, vault to 10 and another depot.

wesman21 - your Armory and Planetary Command are Level 6 (Max Level) versus Level 10.

Just keeping Information Correct...

wesman21 wrote:So, what to do now? My two new turrets are both rapid and level 6 and my new factory is level 5, do I just bite the bullet and get those to level 9?

I'd try and start upgrading my turrets to level 10, but if that raises my base score too quickly, I guess I can hold off.

I would "balance" your Turrets - in that get them all to Level 9 prior to upgrading to Level 10. The use of any Armory Structure Equipment for Turrets will off-set any difference between level 9 and Level 10.

Make sure of your "Turret Selections" prior to Upgrading to Level 10 while the Swap Costs are lower.

Do the same for Factory - get it to Level 9 prior to Upgrading all Factories to Level 10.

wesman21 wrote:I'd like to upgrade my starship command to level 10, but I'd need to do another vault. Is that the right route?

From previous comments it seems like I can wait on all of the resource generating buildings till the end as well as my other barracks and factories.

It is important for you to understand - Upgrade all Credit Vaults and Alloy Depots prior to doing any other Upgrades as this will give you the needed Resource Storage for any future Upgrades.

Yes, don't bother with Resource Collectors until everything else is Upgraded (except Contraband related Structures and Units).

IMPORTANT: Leave 1 Credit Market and 1 Alloy Factory at Level 9 to aid in doing Resource Related Objectives (both Daily Planetary and New SWV Event System) as you can use them to "dump resources" - if needed - to drop your Credit Vault and/or Alloy Depot "balance" down in order to gain more to complete Resource Objectives. To "dump resources" simply start Upgrade and immediately CANCEL Upgrade. Do as many times as needed. **Remember for Resource Objectives you only get credit for the free space left in your Credit Vaults and/or Alloy Factory.

Continue to Upgrade Barracks (one at a time) and Factories (one at a time) in a fashion that minimizes Loadout Cook Times (due to the increase resulting from loss of production capability).

REMINDER: With each Structure Upgrade your Base Score Increases and as a result your PvP Matchmaking will change - but not by much now as you are already Level 10 HQ.

Post again when you need assistance.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”