High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: High Level Player Issues

Post#11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 am

wesman21 wrote:Wow, thanks for all of the advice. I upgraded to 10 late last night and had 4 million credits, so I went ahead and upgraded my armory first (left it in offensive mode for forest planets).

I'll then upgrade my research facility, starship, then my three transports.
I'll then upgrade my depots so I can start upgrading turrets once I have the right capacity.
While doing turrets I'll focus on refineries since alloy is so damn important.
I think those three steps should keep me busy for 1.5+ months. I'll try and upgrade my last two turrets and factory to level 9 to catch-up with everything else.

wesman21 - While upgrading your Armory is OK - I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you follow the following Upgrade Schedule:

1. Upgrade SC to Level 10 (it can be used while being Upgraded)
  2. Upgrade all Troop Transports to Level 10 (they can be used while being Upgraded)
  3. Upgrade Research Lab
  4. Upgrade Planetary Command (unlock that last Planet).
  5. Upgrade Credit Vaults and Alloy Depots (get ready for Massive Loot)
  6. After all of the above is done then Upgrade anything as you see fit.
ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

• I would hold off Upgrading Hero Command and Starship Command until you know you won't be doing PvP Attacks or Squad War for a Week or more. While these are being upgraded you can use HQ Inventory Units but after a Week (depending upon Attack Style) you will use a lot of Samples.
  • Forget about Upgrading Alloy Refineries. You can get more in 1 or 2 "Loot Raids" than the Alloy Refineries can make in a Day.
  • For Turrets - Swap those you want while they are Level 9 (or lower) before Upgrading to Level 10.
  • Depending on Attack Style - Upgrade ONLY ONE Barracks or Factory at one time. Expect longer Loadout Cook Times (due to decreased Production Capacity).
Hope This Helps...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

LosVega
Major General

Post#12 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:14 am

wesman21 wrote:I'm just nervous that once I max out I won't want to play as much as I'll see my droids sitting around doing nothing. I wish I could trade them in for credits or some other benefit. If the game would give us a third repairable unit, I think it would make a lot of level 10 players happy.

I wouldn't worry too much about the droids. I'm nearly maxxed and the only purpose they serve now is repairing the twins. I still have about 40 wall segments and a few traps to upgrade so alloy won't be needed much longer other than trap reset. Credit is too easy to obtain and contra I can get also but i dont care about it right now. What keeps the game interesting at this point is squad wars, frags for armory upgrades and the new EP program. Only a very few have completely maxxed out the armory, that will be your next challenge beyond L10.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

wesman21
Captain

Post#13 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 am

DeathStriker wrote:
wesman21 wrote:Wow, thanks for all of the advice. I upgraded to 10 late last night and had 4 million credits, so I went ahead and upgraded my armory first (left it in offensive mode for forest planets).

I'll then upgrade my research facility, starship, then my three transports.
I'll then upgrade my depots so I can start upgrading turrets once I have the right capacity.
While doing turrets I'll focus on refineries since alloy is so damn important.
I think those three steps should keep me busy for 1.5+ months. I'll try and upgrade my last two turrets and factory to level 9 to catch-up with everything else.

wesman21 - While upgrading your Armory is OK - I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you follow the following Upgrade Schedule:

1. Upgrade SC to Level 10 (it can be used while being Upgraded)
  2. Upgrade all Troop Transports to Level 10 (they can be used while being Upgraded)
  3. Upgrade Research Lab
  4. Upgrade Planetary Command (unlock that last Planet).
  5. Upgrade Credit Vaults and Alloy Depots (get ready for Massive Loot)
  6. After all of the above is done then Upgrade anything as you see fit.
ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

• I would hold off Upgrading Hero Command and Starship Command until you know you won't be doing PvP Attacks or Squad War for a Week or more. While these are being upgraded you can use HQ Inventory Units but after a Week (depending upon Attack Style) you will use a lot of Samples.
  • Forget about Upgrading Alloy Refineries. You can get more in 1 or 2 "Loot Raids" than the Alloy Refineries can make in a Day.
  • For Turrets - Swap those you want while they are Level 9 (or lower) before Upgrading to Level 10.
  • Depending on Attack Style - Upgrade ONLY ONE Barracks or Factory at one time. Expect longer Loadout Cook Times (due to decreased Production Capacity).
Hope This Helps...

Thanks for the detailed advice!

I'll go ahead update my SC next. However, I don't know if I've ever gone a week without doing PvP so I'll just have to suck it up. Good thing I have tons in my inventory.

I'll follow this path and then check back in for more strategy.

What about upgrading units? I think I'll upgrade my elite ATAT first and then storms? heavies?

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Upgrade Vader #1 unless you have at-act armory equipment and plan on only playing on forest worlds. I would say learning to use Vader now will be more beneficial as playing at HQ 10 requires a lot more distraction and utility which is something Vader provides better than e at-at.

wesman21
Captain

Post#15 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Plagueis wrote:Upgrade Vader #1 unless you have at-act armory equipment and plan on only playing on forest worlds. I would say learning to use Vader now will be more beneficial as playing at HQ 10 requires a lot more distraction and utility which is something Vader provides better than e at-at.

I do have the AT-ACT (lvl 6) so that is my go to hero. Although I have been using Vader more lately, especially since I got his buff up to level 3.

I do prefer forest worlds as my storms are level 7 and heavies are level 6. My jumpers are level 3.

They will each be some of my first upgrades.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#16 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

If you have kubaz, consider using 2-3 of them with at-act. They’ll not only effectively speed up the time until the walker goes generalist and starts nuking turrets, but the kubaz will also act as emergency distractions for SC jets while at-act plinks away at them.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#17 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 pm

I would recommend upgrading the units you use the most first.

For me I would Definitely upgrade Jumps & Storms. L10 jumps are very powerful for Squad War's, and also make the armory buffs that much more powerful. Pretty much most units will become very effective/useful at L10. Dewbacks at L10 make great meat shields for Vader.

Personally I don't use a lot of Star Ships when I attack. The most useful for me are the T5, Decimator and Tie Striker. Outside of that, I use Tie's to snipe contra safe houses, but that's rare and usually only when I make a kamikaze run for a big score.

Also, if you have the naval officer unlocked, I'd recommend upgrading the Red Guard. Naval Officer makes him a very viable unit.

wesman21
Captain

Post#18 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:47 am

Plagueis wrote:If you have kubaz, consider using 2-3 of them with at-act. They’ll not only effectively speed up the time until the walker goes generalist and starts nuking turrets, but the kubaz will also act as emergency distractions for SC jets while at-act plinks away at them.

I do indeed use them. I used to use three but now I use two.

My current standard attack blend is:

AT-ACT buffed to lvl five
4 hover tanks buffed to lvl five
4 heavy storms buffed to lvl six
31 storms buffed to lvl eight
1 repair droid lvl nine
1 medic droid lvl three
2 shock troops lvl seven
2 kubaz lvl four

Air support:
3 strikers lvl six
4 defenders lvl nine
1 interceptor lvl seven

Thoughts? I usually deploy Kubaz to outer shields, put AT-ACT near the other two with the shocks in front and repair droid in rear. Try to bomb their deployed defense troops at the beginning then once their SC releases. Dump the medic behind my big set of heavy and storms near the AT-ACT.

I have about 16k medal after 1.4 years of playing. At one point, I was resource hunting so much I didn't care about losing medals, medals should probably be more in the 21k range had I not had that mindset for so long.

wesman21
Captain

Post#19 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:48 am

Jaykoz3 wrote:I would recommend upgrading the units you use the most first.

For me I would Definitely upgrade Jumps & Storms. L10 jumps are very powerful for Squad War's, and also make the armory buffs that much more powerful. Pretty much most units will become very effective/useful at L10. Dewbacks at L10 make great meat shields for Vader.

Personally I don't use a lot of Star Ships when I attack. The most useful for me are the T5, Decimator and Tie Striker. Outside of that, I use Tie's to snipe contra safe houses, but that's rare and usually only when I make a kamikaze run for a big score.

Also, if you have the naval officer unlocked, I'd recommend upgrading the Red Guard. Naval Officer makes him a very viable unit.

I'm up to level 3 for the forest jump buff, but even when I spam all jumpers I don't consistently get good results, they are at level 9. I may just need to try more.

Very interesting about the dews and such, I do like shaking it up sometimes.

I have the naval officer unlocked, just need to try it out more. What kind of units to you usually deploy with him?

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#20 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 am

Dude! Upgrade your jumps first then!!! Lvl9 to lvl 10 jumps is a quantum leap in health and strength, especially with armory skin attached. This is what I run:

1 shock
1 twilek
2 kubaz
2 TX tanks
3 storms
12 jumps

Vader or at-act

I have maxed imperial astromech and even using a bunch of them with buffed heavies or storms is far less effective. Jump/jet is THE build right now and it becomes even godlier with t-5s but can still be incredibly effective with defenders if you target sonic turrets.

Also, wait until you have decent level t-5s and naval officer skin on maxed red guard before using him. It’s like using Vader for the most part but can be tricky until he starts getting rediculous levels of health from the buff. Until then you’ll find that naval officer is pretty dependent on t-5s.

Return to “General Discussions”