High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
wesman21
Lieutenant

High Level Player Needs Advice On Upgrading

Post#1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am

ORIGINAL TITLE: High Level Player Issues

I'm progressing to level 10 right now and I'm seeing the following problems and I'm looking for help/what to do now...

For the last 1.5 months I've had basically no use for credits as every upgrade for structures was alloy based. I hope to avoid this on level 10, is there a certain pattern I should follow? I'm sure it won't be an issue early on.

When level 10 players have all their structures upgraded, do you simply just focus on contraband until your dekas are upgraded fully? I have a feeling at some point I'll only care about my safehouse and it will be completely guarded to the max.

Next, I have five droids. While I'm sure I'll use them constantly for however long it takes me to upgrade everything, what do I do with them after my structures are completely upgraded? I know I'll use two to repair my dekas, one for harvesting trash and I can convince myself to use another for swapping turrets, but what are they going to be doing? My hope is that another repairable unit like a deka comes out so I can put that droid to use and I won't feel like I've wasted crystals and time getting five droids.

I know, lots of questions, but with the end nearing, I want to see how people stay engaged after they are maxed out.

Thanks!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Thread Post

Alpha
Commodore

Re: High Level Player Issues

Post#2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 am

Basically once you have your Space Hero Transports Factory's & Barracks etc. etc all to level ten, including merc unit and planetary to level ten then work on the Crystal resources other than that creds are just for making troops after you have all to level ten. Good luck. OH yea one last thing have you all your troops leveled in the research center plenty of creds used there!

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 am

wesman21 wrote:I'm progressing to level 10 right now and I'm seeing the following problems and I'm looking for help/what to do now...

I know, lots of questions, but with the end nearing, I want to see how people stay engaged after they are maxed out.

Thanks!

wesman21 - As a Maxed Level 10 Commander I have some advice and information for you.

• Don't upgrade all Structures to Level 10. Leave 1 (say Alloy Factory) that requires Image Credits to Upgrade and leave 1 (say Credit Market) that requires Image Alloy to Upgrade. The reason for this is to help you complete those Resource Objectives (both Planetary Daily and New Event System).

• Credits will be plentiful but Alloy will be hard to find.

• Leave the Contraband Safehouse and Contraband Trade Ports for the very last. Don't worry about keeping Image Contraband as with the exception of Upgrading your Droideka Sentinel (DekA) or Droideka Oppressor (DekO) you only need a small amount for any Mercenaries you want to Hire.

• Be sure to check your Turret "options" before Upgrading them as the costs to Swap increase dramatically.

• Leave Upgrading of Walls to the last or use them as a Alloy Sink as needed.

• Save the Upgrade of your Droideka Sentinel (DekA) or Droideka Oppressor (DekO) as the VERY LAST thing you do.
These will get you started... I am sure others will post good ideas below...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

FelixKostobi
Commander

Post#4 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:11 am

Don't worry, will have plenty of time to think about that until you complete all your structure to level 10.
Upgrading a structure to lvl 10 from lvl9 takes from 10d to 2w. So with 5 droids you are going to need for just your 20 turrets 10w in total (x5 mil ally each!).
As for credits, lab upgrades also come at a high price and take a long time.
Your real question should be: what am i going to do in this game then anyway? :D :D :D :D
HQ10 Rebel only, 38k medals, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

LINE ID : fcostov

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#5 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Don’t worry about CB. Having more means you will attract more attention to your base and most likely they will be players who will annihilate it. Instead, it you want to grind CB, make sure you can grind enough in one session to upgrade a deka or merc. If you want defensive wins you’ll want to make your base not worth it to better players. You can do this by trying not to log off with more than 5k CB available to attackers.

wesman21
Lieutenant

Post#6 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:24 pm

Plagueis wrote:Don’t worry about CB. Having more means you will attract more attention to your base and most likely they will be players who will annihilate it. Instead, it you want to grind CB, make sure you can grind enough in one session to upgrade a deka or merc. If you want defensive wins you’ll want to make your base not worth it to better players. You can do this by trying not to log off with more than 5k CB available to attackers.

Oh I've learned that the hard way. Some of those one time grind sessions are long. I'm up to level 25 on my deka and 14 on my oppressor. Are those worthy levels of deka going into level 10?

Credits have been worthless outside of research/upgrades for what seems like 2+ months for me, so I just hunt for bases loaded with alloy and cb.

I guess I'll calm down on the cb, but nothing gets me excited like seeing 25k CB available for plunder.

YourFather
Commodore

Post#7 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:25 pm

wesman21 wrote:I'm progressing to level 10 right now and I'm seeing the following problems and I'm looking for help/what to do now...

For the last 1.5 months I've had basically no use for credits as every upgrade for structures was alloy based. I hope to avoid this on level 10, is there a certain pattern I should follow? I'm sure it won't be an issue early on.

When level 10 players have all their structures upgraded, do you simply just focus on contraband until your dekas are upgraded fully? I have a feeling at some point I'll only care about my safehouse and it will be completely guarded to the max.

Next, I have five droids. While I'm sure I'll use them constantly for however long it takes me to upgrade everything, what do I do with them after my structures are completely upgraded? I know I'll use two to repair my dekas, one for harvesting trash and I can convince myself to use another for swapping turrets, but what are they going to be doing? My hope is that another repairable unit like a deka comes out so I can put that droid to use and I won't feel like I've wasted crystals and time getting five droids.

Thanks!

A lot of good advice already given so I'll be echoing some. I'll respond to each of your paragraphs by number.

1. The first credit based structures you should upgrade are your research center and starship command. You may have to upgrade your vaults first, however.

2. Exactly right. Forget about upgrading dekas right now unless you happen to get close to an upgrade. Save them for last.

3. Having 5 droids means you can max your upgrades faster than someone with less. This game is all about paying to reduce (pay for frags to get upgrade faster, speed research, speed building, etc). Your droids will sit around bored most of the time once you max out. Since you're a new 10, this could take 6+ months depending how much you play the game.

4. You're far from the end. Maxinga level 10 base takes A LOT of work. War often, strategize your upgrades, make resources your priority and of course destroy rebels to make sure it all goes by easier.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#8 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:31 pm

wesman21 wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Don’t worry about CB. Having more means you will attract more attention to your base and most likely they will be players who will annihilate it. Instead, it you want to grind CB, make sure you can grind enough in one session to upgrade a deka or merc. If you want defensive wins you’ll want to make your base not worth it to better players. You can do this by trying not to log off with more than 5k CB available to attackers.

Oh I've learned that the hard way. Some of those one time grind sessions are long. I'm up to level 25 on my deka and 14 on my oppressor. Are those worthy levels of deka going into level 10?

Credits have been worthless outside of research/upgrades for what seems like 2+ months for me, so I just hunt for bases loaded with alloy and cb.

I guess I'll calm down on the cb, but nothing gets me excited like seeing 25k CB available for plunder.

Just know that even maxed dekas are still really easy to kill. I consider them the most overrated aspect of SWC as the difference between a lvl 25 and a lvl 50 deka impact-wise are incredibly minimal. I wouldn’t even consider them as good as walls or necessary for that matter outside of squad wars.

DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Post#9 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:05 am

A lot of useful advice here. I wish I'd have considered some of these issues and tricks to avoid those mentioned here.

As recently maxed player (L10 ttok me about 18 months of playing to fully upgrade)
I'll give you a few more:
- Save your traps to upgrade for late in the upgrading to 10 as well, except the IDT/LAAT traps, those are great. It only serves to increase your base score drastically which will result in tougher opponents.
- Prioritize turrets and think in advance how you want to diversify them. switch any remaining mortars to other types anyway. Mortars are obsolete (as the game stands right now)
-Get at least one barrack, one factory, cantina and air maxed (all coin upgrades) as anything you have in HQ will max to 10 then as well. Very useful for war donations.
- other priorities include research Lab, SC and Transports for being able to field more units.

- be patient... you'll need it!

Good luck commander!
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

wesman21
Lieutenant

Post#10 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:36 am

Wow, thanks for all of the advice. I upgraded to 10 late last night and had 4 million credits, so I went ahead and upgraded my armory first (left it in offensive mode for forest planets).

I'll then upgrade my research facility, starship, then my three transports.
I'll then upgrade my depots so I can start upgrading turrets once I have the right capacity.
While doing turrets I'll focus on refineries since alloy is so damn important.
I think those three steps should keep me busy for 1.5+ months. I'll try and upgrade my last two turrets and factory to level 9 to catch-up with everything else.

For research, I guess I'll upgrade storms, tanks and heavy storms first, then tie defender?

One thing I've noticed is that HD is going to be very difficult early on, even with full air support, the increased attackers should make getting a bronzium hard and unlikely.

Also, I'm not going up against any harder bases from what I can through about 12 matches. Which has put alloy at a premium.

My goal was to try and max out by August, which would make the two year mark for me playing.

I'm just nervous that once I max out I won't want to play as much as I'll see my droids sitting around doing nothing. I wish I could trade them in for credits or some other benefit. If the game would give us a third repairable unit, I think it would make a lot of level 10 players happy.

Return to “General Discussions”