Worth Spending Crystal to complete "An Old Friend?"

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
wesman21
Lieutenant

Worth Spending Crystal to complete "An Old Friend?"

Post#1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:30 am

Long time stalker here, but new user. Level 9, currently upgrading to Level 10, 16k medals. All buildings are maxed except for 21 walls. Level 25 deka and Level 14 oppressor.

I'm currently at level 17 of 23 in An Old Friend and it seems as though I won't be able to complete it unless I use some crystals. I have 530ish saved up right now and was planning on using it to speed through either my squad center or another building when I start upgrading my buildings to level 10.

So, should I use them or save them? If all I am missing out is a guaranteed 32 frags for 614-AvA then I may just pass, especially if that is going to be available again in the coming weeks.

Please help! I've been playing since August 2016 and I've never saved up this many crystals before, not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance.

DCReborn
Commodore

Re: Worth Spending Crystal to complete "An Old Friend?"

Post#2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:34 am

I would not spend crystals on this event. The unit isn’t very good.

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:37 am

wesman21 wrote:Long time stalker here, but new user.

I'm currently at level 17 of 23 in An Old Friend and it seems as though I won't be able to complete it unless I use some crystals. I have 530ish saved up right now and was planning on using it to speed through either my squad center or another building when I start upgrading my buildings to level 10.

So, should I use them or save them?

wesman21 - Welcome to the Forum! :D (although I know you have been a reader for quite some time)

STRONGLY RECOMMEND - you do not use your Crystals.

There will be another week follow "An Old Friend" where you will be able to get Frags for the New Speeder.

See the Event Timeline in my Post found here and also the EP Information found here.

Do the best you can in this current Event and then continue in the 2nd Week.

Hope this Helps...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

wesman21
Lieutenant

Post#4 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 am

Striker, thanks for the tip. I figured it wasn't worth it to burn them on this right now, but since you've confirmed I'll get another shot, I'll just wait around.

You make this website go, you're always posting and helping people. I really appreciate it.

I may be starting some other posts regarding topics that I haven't crossed yet, so be on the lookout!

erfs
Commander

Post#5 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 am

What I found valuable is not necessarily the speeder itself but rather the frags that are in the Elite crates you can get every two hours after you finish all 23 missions.

There were speeder frags plus Johhar Kessen plus Vanguard frags. This is pretty nice if you are at a lower level but I also find these interesting for higher level bases.

On the other hand, I really wonder how you would get the speeder above level 2 or three at best during this event if you do not spend Crystals to speed things up.

wesman21
Lieutenant

Post#6 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:58 am

erfs wrote:What I found valuable is not necessarily the speeder itself but rather the frags that are in the Elite crates you can get every two hours after you finish all 23 missions.

There were speeder frags plus Johhar Kessen plus Vanguard frags. This is pretty nice if you are at a lower level but I also find these interesting for higher level bases.

On the other hand, I really wonder how you would get the speeder above level 2 or three at best during this event if you do not spend Crystals to speed things up.

Erfs, I agree that those frags are worth the effort and that is why I'm wanting to shoot for finishing it next time and was hopeful of this time. I'd like to do the math and figure out how many hours you'd have to play to complete the mission. I just had too much going on this past weekend to play and complete.

I think the game might be moving more towards allowing players to slowly complete all units/upgrades rather than quickly upgrading as fast as possible. You're right though, not sure how you could upgrade the new speeder past level 4 or 5 if you would complete all three weeks and hope to get some additional frags along the way.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:34 am

wesman21 wrote:I'd like to do the math and figure out how many hours you'd have to play to complete the mission. I just had too much going on this past weekend to play and complete.

wesman21 - this has been done already - see the post found here.

65 hours and 35 minutes of research time and between 3925 and 5010 EP needed to complete the event, which has to be done in 6 days.

wesman21
Lieutenant

Post#8 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 am

Wow, not much time for rest. I didn't think the devs would make it that close. It is completely doable, just need to start a timer when you need to research again and make yourself available... and be on a planet with some easy opponents to quickly upgrade.

I thought we had 7 days for the event?

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 am

wesman21 wrote:Wow, not much time for rest. I thought we had 7 days for the event?

No 6 Days + 1 day (24 hours) between "events".

Current Event "An Old Friend" ends tomorrow - click on Event UI for more info.

Brizzle
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

Guys, the exchange rate for using crystals on the event objectives is a MUCH higher rate than speeding up builds and research. I wouldn't do it for this reason as well.

Return to “General Discussions”