Jetpack Trooper Woes

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Burrito
Commodore
Posts: 137

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#21 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Boom wrote:
Burrito wrote:Honestly the only way GR is going to make a difference is in mitigating your loss or perhaps winning vs. the people who chuck everything in a pile and walk away from the game expecting to win "because I am attacking and attacks should win." I do not see how anyone with skill could lose against sniper or any other GR combo unless you are in mind numbing farm mode (which is super easy to make a mistake when you are grinding) but to get butt hurt and blame others for your laziness or stupidity makes even less sense. I have yet to see an intelligent attack on my bases fail at any level unless they got some bad luck and hit a trap with a decent sized group (not a retard pile.)


Same can be said for the "unfair' jets in reb's SC....but by all means carry on. What everyone keeps forgetting is the the matchmaking hell that 7-9s are faced with. My HQ8 constantly gets matched up with upper 9s and 10s on attack and 95% of the time gets rolled by a 10 on defense. Sometimes with 4-6 heal ships lol. lvl8 troops quickly get out gunned with even mid level snipers/rodian but at least the developers saw the absurdity of tacking on the astromedic to boot :roll:


You do realise that the astromech was never in heal range of the sniper right? It was just fodder to slow jets down. In all of the HD's I did and Defense videos I watched they never got healed. Mostly because even skinned they are still 1 shotted by jets. Sure they could heal a storm, but they died in 1 shot most of the time even with skins. Astromech caused the jets to shoot twice instead of once. They took all of the damage away from them now so they do less damage than a storm trooper just have longer range even with skin. They have 1/3 the hp of the vanguard and slightly less damage for 1/2 of the armory buff cost.

As Imp I get matched with many more bases 2 or more HQ levels higher than me than on my Rebel account. at 7 it was common to be matched with upper 9's and lower 10's and be rolled by 10's. The further up you go the worse it gets. I cannot think of a reason to not just skip level 8 all together maybe 9 too. Just get it out of the way because you are just going to get stomped not being 10 after you get to 8.

I still think the best way to go about it is race to 6, then camp a maxed 6 for frags to unlock at least every unit and research everything. Then max 7 while camping 5+ levels of frags and researching everything. Then just race to 10.


User avatar
Burrito
Commodore
Posts: 137

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#22 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Toshi wrote:
Burrito wrote:Honestly the only way GR is going to make a difference is in mitigating your loss or perhaps winning vs. the people who chuck everything in a pile and walk away from the game expecting to win "because I am attacking and attacks should win." I do not see how anyone with skill could lose against sniper or any other GR combo unless you are in mind numbing farm mode (which is super easy to make a mistake when you are grinding) but to get butt hurt and blame others for your laziness or stupidity makes even less sense. I have yet to see an intelligent attack on my bases fail at any level unless they got some bad luck and hit a trap with a decent sized group (not a retard pile.)


Ha ha. Ah burrito, you call yourself out as the worst kind of frat house fan-boy when you use phrases like "butt hurt".

You can honestly suggest that a lopsided defensive advantage can have no impact on game play? Seriously?

If the game is even remotely even then YES, a sniper GR can make a difference. YOU complain endlessly about a 20% JP advantage for Rebels. Does this not also suggest that a 100% percent advantage in real Imp Sniper damage, combined with an SC troop owned exclusively by the Imperial side, buffed again by another +50% skin can also be an advantage? And you get FOUR of them, for free, with no SC cost, every 30 seconds! Not an advantage? "Butt hurt" complaining? Your logic fails.

You are exactly why I joined the forum; someone has to take the counter-point to guys like you. It's just too ridiculous to let go. You won't see reason, but others will.



I joined the forums because of butt hurt crybabies like you. Constantly crying that they did not have the (imagined) advantage. Those spending their time making support tickets and crying on the forums. They could have spent their time reading the forums that had links to videos on how to defeat X, Y, or Z defense. Why do that when you can cry. People even made rebel side videos, they have rebel only line/discord with screenshots and videos on how to overcome situations. It would take about 5 min of using the search function and reading or 3 min watching a video to completely nullify this imperial super weapon. Takes all of 5 UC to break all sniper defense.

Why are there new threads daily crying about the sniper? Why are there 20 threads (after the moderators have spent I am assuming hours combining them?) Sure every 3 weeks a jump thread is opened which should just go on the old threads. People need to use the forums instead of just bitching and moaning about how unfair their life is. Even IF it was unfair nobody wants to hear it.

1 fang will kill every sniper in the SC. 100 strikers will kill 0 jets. Humm seems legit.


Boog
Major General
Posts: 459

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#23 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:20 pm

rawrebel wrote:
Boog wrote:Do you think it's any easier for a level 8 imp? Trust me, it's not.

Actualy it is,i have an lv8 imp so i can guarantee there is no attack i lose,sometimes i get only 2 stars on a base with GR but i never lose an attack ,90% of bases i face are dev ones lv 9/10 ,turrets and both droids active but with no sc troops and no GR ,how can you say is not easyer? Sometimes i get 3 times in a row same identical base!Realy boring
Rebels can only dream at these bases....
Only Tat have more real bases but even them don't have any chance against skinned jumps or even vs skinned heavys/med combo


Your imp base have 50K+ medals? Mine does. Believe me, the average level 8 rebel does not get harder matchmaking than I do.


Boom
Commander
Posts: 34

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#24 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Boog wrote:
Your imp base have 50K+ medals? Mine does. Believe me, the average level 8 rebel does not get harder matchmaking than I do.


Yet you just made his point for him......a lvl8 at 50k medals lol


darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 108

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#25 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Burrito wrote:I joined the forums because of butt hurt crybabies like you. Constantly crying that they did not have the (imagined) advantage. Those spending their time making support tickets and crying on the forums. They could have spent their time reading the forums that had links to videos on how to defeat X, Y, or Z defense. Why do that when you can cry. People even made rebel side videos, they have rebel only line/discord with screenshots and videos on how to overcome situations. It would take about 5 min of using the search function and reading or 3 min watching a video to completely nullify this imperial super weapon. Takes all of 5 UC to break all sniper defense.

Why are there new threads daily crying about the sniper? Why are there 20 threads (after the moderators have spent I am assuming hours combining them?) Sure every 3 weeks a jump thread is opened which should just go on the old threads. People need to use the forums instead of just bitching and moaning about how unfair their life is. Even IF it was unfair nobody wants to hear it.

1 fang will kill every sniper in the SC. 100 strikers will kill 0 jets. Humm seems legit.


You are easily the biggest whinger on this forum atm.

1 fang kills SC snipers.....4 snipers kill 16 jets....
If you can't handle a SC, Imp or Reb, you are in trouble. Use you own advice and stop bitching and moaning about super jets.

To the OP, you can complain all you want, but I highly doubt anything will happen as most Imp offense is jump based. Also, you probably wont get a huge amount of support, because Imps still win plenty of defense. I've won MORE defense since GR sniper nerf as rebs are attacking more often. Previously, I would go days without being attacked, now I'm attacked within minutes of logging off, often to 1 - 3 defensive wins before a 1 or 2 star loss.


User avatar
Burrito
Commodore
Posts: 137

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#26 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 pm

I am whinger(ing) ?? because I point out each side isn't taking into consideration the op/broken/not balanced parts that do not negatively affect them?

4 snipers killing 16 jets would most likely take 30 seconds or longer, something doesn't sound right with that claim. They would be long dead by then. Unless you are talking about SC snipers which is believable.


User avatar
YourFather
Commodore
Posts: 162

Re: Jetpack trooper woes

Post#27 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 pm

SnarfVader wrote:
RCM wrote:There is no level-10 armory.


Crud, I'm a dumbnuts. Level 5 armory.

As for the rest, thanks for the advice everyone, I'll work on trying to implement all the suggestions and see how it goes(already swapped out all my mortars for bursts and sonics).


Trying to get back to topic here but it looks like your armory could use another level up (it maxes at 6). The advice of others about narrowing your turret variety is good just ensure your layout agrees with whatever turrets you choose.

Also, why use the sandtrooper skins on D? I've noticed rebels use them but what works for rebels doesn't always work for imperials. As others have said, skinned jumps in the SC is useful for both offense and defense (and makes getting fills from your squaddies easier).

Even better, if you have the rodian skin, put snipers in your sc and activate sniper GR. Rebels sometimes get confused about whether it's a barracks sniper or SC sniper and that can have devastating consequences for them. Also, if you get a mix of snipers/troopers and use the corresponding GR, you can further obfuscate the battlefield.


User avatar
Burrito
Commodore
Posts: 137

Re: Jetpack trooper woes

Post#28 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:16 am

YourFather wrote:
SnarfVader wrote:
RCM wrote:There is no level-10 armory.


Crud, I'm a dumbnuts. Level 5 armory.

As for the rest, thanks for the advice everyone, I'll work on trying to implement all the suggestions and see how it goes(already swapped out all my mortars for bursts and sonics).


Trying to get back to topic here but it looks like your armory could use another level up (it maxes at 6). The advice of others about narrowing your turret variety is good just ensure your layout agrees with whatever turrets you choose.

Also, why use the sandtrooper skins on D? I've noticed rebels use them but what works for rebels doesn't always work for imperials. As others have said, skinned jumps in the SC is useful for both offense and defense (and makes getting fills from your squaddies easier).

Even better, if you have the rodian skin, put snipers in your sc and activate sniper GR. Rebels sometimes get confused about whether it's a barracks sniper or SC sniper and that can have devastating consequences for them. Also, if you get a mix of snipers/troopers and use the corresponding GR, you can further obfuscate the battlefield.


This is exactly what started the shit storm. Somebody said this exactly. Then you get some people chiming in saying well it is unfair and I need this. Then I point out that hey but what about this thing and that other thing you already have that is far superior already. Then you get called names because the only thing that matters is that they get their lolly now and having another lolly doesn't count, because I want it now.


User avatar
SnarfVader
Storm Trooper
Posts: 6

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#29 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:09 am

Toshi wrote:What the OP doesn't address is his/her success on offense. I know that wasn't the subject of his post, but it's the other side of the coin, right? Hard to complain about JP's used by rebels when you yourself are using Jumps (and AT-ACT) on offense, right? Tell me you're not.


I'm not. To this day, I havent unlocked any skins for my jumptroopers. I have to rely on heavy stormtrooper skins to do any damage, and even then I'm lucky to get over 50% damage against bases. I win more than I lose on offense(maybe 60% of the time), but that's because I use strategy. Unlike jetpack troopers, you cant spam heavy stormtroopers anywhere on the grid and get 100% wins, you have to use your brain and employ a little skill to get wins. Boosted jetpack troopers require little to zero skill when used, this is a problem... the onus to play smart and strategize is all on the defender, who now must tweak everything to defend against the jetpack horde bum rush. There's no originality anymore, everything is tailored towards defending against these grossly OP units. SWC has become a perpetual spam of one trick ponies.


User avatar
Burrito
Commodore
Posts: 137

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#30 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:03 pm

SnarfVader wrote:
Toshi wrote:What the OP doesn't address is his/her success on offense. I know that wasn't the subject of his post, but it's the other side of the coin, right? Hard to complain about JP's used by rebels when you yourself are using Jumps (and AT-ACT) on offense, right? Tell me you're not.


I'm not. To this day, I havent unlocked any skins for my jumptroopers. I have to rely on heavy stormtrooper skins to do any damage, and even then I'm lucky to get over 50% damage against bases. I win more than I lose on offense(maybe 60% of the time), but that's because I use strategy. Unlike jetpack troopers, you cant spam heavy stormtroopers anywhere on the grid and get 100% wins, you have to use your brain and employ a little skill to get wins. Boosted jetpack troopers require little to zero skill when used, this is a problem... the onus to play smart and strategize is all on the defender, who now must tweak everything to defend against the jetpack horde bum rush. There's no originality anymore, everything is tailored towards defending against these grossly OP units. SWC has become a perpetual spam of one trick ponies.



It appears that your problem is that you have gotten to level 8+ without having 5+ levels on pretty much every skin. Rushing to 8/9/10 is a poor choice. If you have level 5+ skins on heatsinks you might be able to give a decent defence against spam jet attacks but it is going to be iffy.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aug13, Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], sgu97cab, SpaceDandy, TSQL and 34 guests