Jetpack Trooper Woes

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Admiral
Posts: 780

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#11 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Join the Line community. There are a few defensive chats which are very effective.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Check out Family Guy Blue Harvest. Hilarious!
Image


DarkRebel
Major General
Posts: 418

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#12 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Go to Erkit.
My (IMP) squad is enjoying cheap defense wins there :)


User avatar
Richaldo
Major General
Posts: 437

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#13 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 am

Agreed. Go to Err Kit... the rebels there tend to drop all their jumps in one spot and get destroyed by snipers / sonics... it's almost embarrassing...

For the record I won over 40 defences in two days there... almost every attack against me was the same... to be frank it was boring to watch, let alone to play I imagine. . . !!!!
Richaldo. SITh
100000 Medals... Maxed out madman ...


User avatar
Toshi
Lieutenant
Posts: 11

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#14 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:07 am

What the OP doesn't address is his/her success on offense. I know that wasn't the subject of his post, but it's the other side of the coin, right? Hard to complain about JP's used by rebels when you yourself are using Jumps (and AT-ACT) on offense, right? Tell me you're not.

Yeah, Rebels complained about the Sniper/Droid combo, and with good reason. Turn-key defense, turn it on and watch the wins pile up. You didn't even need SC troops, droidekas or even an intelligent layout! So now it's different; JP's rule the day for both sides. BOTH SIDES!

Sorry to all the Imps that thought this game was just about them winning, winning, winning all the time. What's that saying, "What's good for the goose...."


Plagueis
Admiral
Posts: 821

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#15 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:41 am

Toshi wrote:What the OP doesn't address is his/her success on offense. I know that wasn't the subject of his post, but it's the other side of the coin, right? Hard to complain about JP's used by rebels when you yourself are using Jumps (and AT-ACT) on offense, right? Tell me you're not.

Yeah, Rebels complained about the Sniper/Droid combo, and with good reason. Turn-key defense, turn it on and watch the wins pile up. You didn't even need SC troops, droidekas or even an intelligent layout! So now it's different; JP's rule the day for both sides. BOTH SIDES!

Sorry to all the Imps that thought this game was just about them winning, winning, winning all the time. What's that saying, "What's good for the goose...."


Wins pile up with GR snipes and no SC troops, dekas and an intelligent layout??? Lol. Not even close at HQ 10. I have decent level GR snipes and rodians and STIlL had to spend a lot of time and testing to develop a base layout that could win more than 50% of the time and yes, it’s absolutely still dependent on my SC and to a lesser extent, dekas. Maybe there’s some truth in what you say at HQ 6 or 7, but at HQ 9-10 you have to bring your A game on offense & defense. “Turn key defense” my butt.


User avatar
Burrito
Commodore
Posts: 137

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#16 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:47 pm

Honestly the only way GR is going to make a difference is in mitigating your loss or perhaps winning vs. the people who chuck everything in a pile and walk away from the game expecting to win "because I am attacking and attacks should win." I do not see how anyone with skill could lose against sniper or any other GR combo unless you are in mind numbing farm mode (which is super easy to make a mistake when you are grinding) but to get butt hurt and blame others for your laziness or stupidity makes even less sense. I have yet to see an intelligent attack on my bases fail at any level unless they got some bad luck and hit a trap with a decent sized group (not a retard pile.)


Boom
Commander
Posts: 34

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#17 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Burrito wrote:Honestly the only way GR is going to make a difference is in mitigating your loss or perhaps winning vs. the people who chuck everything in a pile and walk away from the game expecting to win "because I am attacking and attacks should win." I do not see how anyone with skill could lose against sniper or any other GR combo unless you are in mind numbing farm mode (which is super easy to make a mistake when you are grinding) but to get butt hurt and blame others for your laziness or stupidity makes even less sense. I have yet to see an intelligent attack on my bases fail at any level unless they got some bad luck and hit a trap with a decent sized group (not a retard pile.)


Same can be said for the "unfair' jets in reb's SC....but by all means carry on. What everyone keeps forgetting is the the matchmaking hell that 7-9s are faced with. My HQ8 constantly gets matched up with upper 9s and 10s on attack and 95% of the time gets rolled by a 10 on defense. Sometimes with 4-6 heal ships lol. lvl8 troops quickly get out gunned with even mid level snipers/rodian but at least the developers saw the absurdity of tacking on the astromedic to boot :roll:


Boog
Major General
Posts: 459

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#18 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:31 pm

Do you think it's any easier for a level 8 imp? Trust me, it's not.


rawrebel
Commodore
Posts: 107

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#19 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Boog wrote:Do you think it's any easier for a level 8 imp? Trust me, it's not.

Actualy it is,i have an lv8 imp so i can guarantee there is no attack i lose,sometimes i get only 2 stars on a base with GR but i never lose an attack ,90% of bases i face are dev ones lv 9/10 ,turrets and both droids active but with no sc troops and no GR ,how can you say is not easyer? Sometimes i get 3 times in a row same identical base!Realy boring
Rebels can only dream at these bases....
Only Tat have more real bases but even them don't have any chance against skinned jumps or even vs skinned heavys/med combo


User avatar
Toshi
Lieutenant
Posts: 11

Re: Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#20 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Burrito wrote:Honestly the only way GR is going to make a difference is in mitigating your loss or perhaps winning vs. the people who chuck everything in a pile and walk away from the game expecting to win "because I am attacking and attacks should win." I do not see how anyone with skill could lose against sniper or any other GR combo unless you are in mind numbing farm mode (which is super easy to make a mistake when you are grinding) but to get butt hurt and blame others for your laziness or stupidity makes even less sense. I have yet to see an intelligent attack on my bases fail at any level unless they got some bad luck and hit a trap with a decent sized group (not a retard pile.)


Ha ha. Ah burrito, you call yourself out as the worst kind of frat house fan-boy when you use phrases like "butt hurt".

You can honestly suggest that a lopsided defensive advantage can have no impact on game play? Seriously?

If the game is even remotely even then YES, a sniper GR can make a difference. YOU complain endlessly about a 20% JP advantage for Rebels. Does this not also suggest that a 100% percent advantage in real Imp Sniper damage, combined with an SC troop owned exclusively by the Imperial side, buffed again by another +50% skin can also be an advantage? And you get FOUR of them, for free, with no SC cost, every 30 seconds! Not an advantage? "Butt hurt" complaining? Your logic fails.

You are exactly why I joined the forum; someone has to take the counter-point to guys like you. It's just too ridiculous to let go. You won't see reason, but others will.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aug13, CommonCrawl [Bot], sgu97cab, SpaceDandy, TSQL and 34 guests