Jetpack Trooper Woes

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SnarfVader

Jetpack Trooper Woes

Post#1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:37 am

Hey all.

I was under the impression that the game devs dont really pay much attention to these forums(maybe I'm wrong?), so I'm wondering: do they pay any attention to the Disney support links for this game? The reason I ask is because I, and my squad-mates, are having some serious misgivings about the balance(or lack thereof) in this game, and having our bases repeatedly spammed/wiped by hordes of jetpack troopers(with skin), and losing 25 - 40% of our resources in the process.

For context: I've been playing Empire for over a year, have a level 10 HQ, with a mix of level 8 and 9 turrets of the burst/sonic/rocket/mortar variety, and a level 10 SC. My droidekas are so-so... 10th lvl oppressor, and 14th sentinel(I think). My base is desined in such a way that I try to bait attacks with my HQ, far away from my resources, and all defenses on the latter.

Basically... IMHO, armory boosted jetpack troopers are the bane of this game. Little, if anything, can stop them(with the exception of insanely tough defenses, which take forever to level when you're getting repeatedly wiped), and they have made any other method of attack obsolete. At the risk of offending rebel players(who did a bang up job at complaining enough to get the only thing that could stop them nerf'd), there is absolutely no originality or imagination being implemented by rebel players in attacks anymore: Build 8... or 12... or 17 jetpack troopers, turn on armory boost, spam them anywhere on the map, and win. Now, this isn't necessarily their fault, I mean... give anyone an "I win" button, and they're going to use it, right? Meanwhile, the best I and my squadmates can manage is a hodge-podge of forces, some skin'd, most not, and using strategy to try and get wins(on a good day, I can usually clear bases for 50 - 80%).

My question here is: where should I complain? And to whom? Clearly, a number of Rebel players managed to get through to the devs over that barracks boost that got nerf'd(and brought us back to 100% wipe-ville, aka square one), so... where do I go to make a healthy suggestion pertaining to bringing jetpack troopers down a notch(or two)?

Sincerely,
SnarfVader.
xox ...... ;)
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized

DeathStriker

Re: Jetpack trooper woes

Post#2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:12 am

SnarfVader wrote:Hey all.

I was under the impression that the game devs dont really pay much attention to these forums(maybe I'm wrong?), so I'm wondering: do they pay any attention to the Disney support links for this game?

My question here is: where should I complain? And to whom?

SnarfVader - This is a Fan-Forum and not an Official Disney Forum so as such Disney has no "official" presence in this Forum, but there may be Disney Employees reading and/or posting here (but not in a official capacity).

As for the Disney Mobile Support links posted (a lot of them by me) it is a pointer to the only true method of contacting Disney about Star Wars Commander regarding any praise, or complaints, or issues you might have.

AND SO... if you have a problem you will need to contact Disney Mobile Support.

How to Contact Disney Mobile Support

You can contact Disney Mobile Support here.

Click on the BLUE [Contact Us] Button in the lower right corner and answer the prompts thereafter.

⇨ Be sure to include with your initial "report" the following:

1. Your Player ID (found on Load Splash Screen - or - in Settings > About - or - previously saved).
  2. Your In-Game Name.
  3. Your Squad Name.
  4. Your Game Device and its Current OS Version.
  5. Your SWC Game Version and Build (found in Settings > About).
  6. A description of the "issues" you have noted.
  7. Any Screenshots you may have taken.
Helping Others Is What I Do...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

LosVega
Major General

Post#3 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:51 am

SnarfVader wrote:For context: I've been playing Empire for over a year, have a level 10 HQ, with a mix of level 8 and 9 turrets of the burst/sonic/rocket/mortar variety, and a level 10 SC. My droidekas are so-so... 10th lvl oppressor, and 14th sentinel(I think). My base is desined in such a way that I try to bait attacks with my HQ, far away from my resources, and all defenses on the latter.

Do you have the armory? You didn't mention it in your post. If not, not a whole lot you can do til you get it. Hate to say it but you have to fight fire with fire. If your base is predicated on protecting resources first then your results are exactly what you been getting. Mortars are useless now, rapid turrets with buff on or a mix of rapid/Sonics are the norm now. Even rapid/rocket combos work with high level buffs. Burst turrets are lethal for corner base set-ups but you have to have a really good layout to protect them from being out-ranged. As the game is now, you're not going to win many defenses if you don't have the right resources.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

SnarfVader
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:30 pm

LosVega wrote:
SnarfVader wrote:For context: I've been playing Empire for over a year, have a level 10 HQ, with a mix of level 8 and 9 turrets of the burst/sonic/rocket/mortar variety, and a level 10 SC. My droidekas are so-so... 10th lvl oppressor, and 14th sentinel(I think). My base is desined in such a way that I try to bait attacks with my HQ, far away from my resources, and all defenses on the latter.

Do you have the armory? You didn't mention it in your post. If not, not a whole lot you can do til you get it. Hate to say it but you have to fight fire with fire. If your base is predicated on protecting resources first then your results are exactly what you been getting. Mortars are useless now, rapid turrets with buff on or a mix of rapid/Sonics are the norm now. Even rapid/rocket combos work with high level buffs. Burst turrets are lethal for corner base set-ups but you have to have a really good layout to protect them from being out-ranged. As the game is now, you're not going to win many defenses if you don't have the right resources.

Apologies, I do have a level 10 armory, and usually employ the following boosts on defense: barrack trooper reinforcements, sandtrooper skin, heat sink on burst/rocket/laser turrets, and reinforced walls. I've tried literally every combo I can think of, but nothing seems to prevent my turrets going down in about a half second each, even with snipers in my SC and droidekas backing them up. Good to know about the mortars though, I will swap them out ASAP.

DeathStriker wrote:~snip~

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll take some screenshots of my defensive log, and the row of jetpack-spam inspired 100% wipes therein, and see if sending those off gets me any kind of response. Cheers.

Burrito
Commodore

Post#5 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Try to get jumps in your SC then skin them (keep SC in the middle of the base), don't use GR unless you use all barricks GR. The jumps will keep a few of the jets busy and stack them kinda nice for towers. Buffer your towers with resource generator buildings. Add in a few sonics and focus on 2 other types of towers, rapid/rocket/burst your choice. The name of the game is just slowing them to a crawl. You aren't going to win but you can mitigate your losses. You are still going to get rolled by a smart player.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 pm

SnarfVader wrote:
LosVega wrote:

Apologies, I do have a level 10 armory, and usually employ the following boosts on defense: barrack trooper reinforcements, sandtrooper skin, heat sink on burst/rocket/laser turrets, and reinforced walls. I've tried literally every combo I can think of, but nothing seems to prevent my turrets going down in about a half second each, even with snipers in my SC and droidekas backing them up. Good to know about the mortars though, I will swap them out ASAP.

DeathStriker wrote:~snip~

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll take some screenshots of my defensive log, and the row of jetpack-spam inspired 100% wipes therein, and see if sending those off gets me any kind of response. Cheers.

The problem is the variety of your turrets. Even with heat sink equipment they aren’t going to stop buffed jets. Even lvl 10 turrets with heat sinks won’t stop them. I know because I’ve been there, won about 25% of my defenses, switched to a single turret choice and after lots of R&D typically started winning around 75% of my defenses, most of which are around 20-35%. And no, it’s not my GR snipes that are doing it as they tend to get lured away and killed by fangs while typically two barracks get destroyed seconds later. I have NEVER had four GR snipes stack and attack a group of jets which means each snipe takes 5-6 shots to kill each jet making them vulnerable to getting ran over. I consider them a supplement to turrets and not the main killing tool, especially after the nerf so consider where they WIlL be by the time the jets get into your base and make sure several turrets will be shooting at those jets when it happens.

IMO, you’ll see more defensive wins running a single type of turret with or without heat sink equipment and as much guard reserve as possible. The name of the game isn’t killing jets a second after they enter turret range because it ain’t going to happen, it’s slowing them so they spend more time in turret range so your turrets and SC can whittle them down. That’s right rebels, it’s my dewbacks and storms that slow your mass of jets in sonic and SC range that makes your lose and not one or two low lvl GR snipes. I run nothing but lvl 10 sonic turrets and and guard reserve equipment + rodian skin as GR bikes are still less effective than GR snipes but not by much. I would bet you would do better on D with a similar defensive selection + buffed storm skin if you don’t have rodian equipment even with lvl 8-9 sonics.

Secondly, always make you SC hard to lure and run SC units that aren’t easily baitable, whether that means trapping vehicles or using slower infantry like snipes or tognaths. Avoid using buffed jumps despite the temptation to do so and seeing so many rebels getting away with it. They’re too fast which means rebels can lure them to a corner & kill them faster, leaving them more time to deal with your base. They will never match up well against jets and snipes are a far better option (5 snipes + 1 imperial astromech or security droid) if you space your shields in such a way that they’ll stay under them and avoid fangs when your guard reserve gets lured. Even mhcs are useful against jets if a single security droid it mixed in. EX: 3 mhcs + 1 security droid.

Lastly, watch replays and think of how you would attack your own base if jumps were way better and you’ll start seeing ways to correct and improve your base.

RCM
Commodore

Post#7 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:45 pm

There is no level-10 armory.
Empire squad: WAR247 227/4/8 W/L/D

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#8 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Your turret level and turret variety are problems, as others have said above.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

SnarfVader
Storm Trooper

Post#9 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:07 pm

RCM wrote:There is no level-10 armory.

Crud, I'm a dumbnuts. Level 5 armory.

As for the rest, thanks for the advice everyone, I'll work on trying to implement all the suggestions and see how it goes(already swapped out all my mortars for bursts and sonics).

RCM
Commodore

Post#10 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:38 pm

You want to be sure that you don't use a sonic farm; don't cluster the sonics or a few reb troopers will set them off and they're dead for 15 seconds. I used to hate burst turrets, but they do the most damage to jetpack troopers (continuous fire), but their range is limited. Obv try and keep sonics from triggering on any initial attack wave.

I have 100% bursts now. (I know, I know). I farm my HQ, but my average defense is a 42% loss. It's an anti-Kessen setup, as 85% of my defenses are against Kessen. Kessen misses my SC about 75% of the time. My GR's are all level three. Worst defense loss since my new layout was one successful Kessen SC snipe that resulted on a 91% loss from 22 buffed jets and 8 med ships.
Empire squad: WAR247 227/4/8 W/L/D

Return to “General Discussions”