Do You Like The New EP System?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Do You Like The New EP System?

Yes - I am really excited about this new feature.
16%
Somewhat - It is ok... but it could stand some improvement.
47%
Maybe - I neither like it or dislike it.
5%
Perhaps Not - I find it too difficult or time consuming.
12%
No - It does not help the game at all.
19%
Other (Respond in Post)
No votes
Total votes: 170

Boog
Major General

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#41 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:22 pm

I don't see the problem, they'll get to level up or unlock the classic units at a much faster pace than has been normal since the armory was introduced.

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#42 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 pm

sgu97cab wrote:Cons:
-Gem cost to speed up is ridiculous. Way more expensive per minute than speeding up troop production or normal research. I only did this once, as I had half hour to go and really wanted to kick off an 8 hour research before bed. This is where the mouse is trying to cash n on hoping you buy gems to speed things up.

It is expensive but once in the bonus crate stage you can look at it as 200 crystals for 12 frags where in the store it's 500 for a crate with 2-4 frags. If you were paying for the bonus crate research you just need 2 3 star wins and 200 crystals per 12 frags, which is pretty good. 2 attacks takes like 16 minutes, so about 4 per hour. Now, if only I had those kinds of crystals...
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer

sgu97cab
Captain

Post#43 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:39 pm

@ Boog. Agree. I am liking the opportunity to get lots more frags easily for the classic special units. I have Shocktrooper maxed, and close to having Kessen maxed, so good to be getting Tie-A, Kubuz and Tognath. Not too fussed about VT49 as not as good as Tie Striker.
@ Strawman. This is a good point. If you had crystals to burn this is probably a cheaper way to get frags. I have 5 worker droids, but normally sit on about ~1500 crystals and mainly use them to finish off building troops if I want a quick war attack, or finish off building upgrades if I want to kick a new one off before bed. I'm not paying the mouse for more though!
Leader - AUS-Darth_Gump (W107 D1 L8)
...Always looking for new Empire level 7+ players who chat, donate regularly, take part in wars. Preferably Australian time zones.

spootieho

Post#44 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:28 pm

Per EP:
My opinion is... I like it. That said, it can be improved.

1. I shouldn't have to tell it to start research when I hit the EP required. That part is kind of lame. Just start the 2 hour timer when I get the EP.
2. Wait times for the objective period are a bit too much. There's only about 1.5 days slack which means you pretty much need to give it too much attention and then you lose sight of it being a casual game.

Per the bike:
I just earned the bike. I like it a lot just because I think it's cool. It's probably not worth the grinding you will put in to get it, though.

I haven't found it very useful on offense, though. It rushes to it's death on offense (after taking out a couple of targets).

I would like to be able to donate it for defense and use it for defense, but I'm guessing that it would be too powerful for defense. I really want to be able to donate it. As weak as it is on offense, it would be too perfect for defense. It can speed right through all objects and hit it's targets quickly without them being able to react.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#45 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Boog wrote:I don't see the problem, they'll get to level up or unlock the classic units at a much faster pace than has been normal since the armory was introduced.

That’s going to suck for them when the next “buffed jet” type unit comes out and dominates while peeps are still stuck pulling vt-49 frags.

Euph
Major General

Post#46 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 pm

I was hoping for a rework of the trash conflict system we've been stuck with ever since the planets update came out, so I'm disappointed that we just got a new layer of grinding.

That said it's relatively easy to do and allows a somewhat more relaxed style of play, so, eh. It could've been worse I suppose.

tl;dr - meh.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
Could not find an opponent.

Burrito
Commodore

Post#47 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:39 pm

My only complaint is that the planet conflicts had their crates reduced all but UC are half what they used to be. I wouldn't say it is minor nor is it a big deal, would have just been nice if obsidian and lower were left alone.

TNT
Commodore

Post#48 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:59 am

tl:dr: I find it okay.

The whole premise is a lie. It's not for casuals, it's for payers. Grinding has become impossible so the amount of people with the hot new unit will probably be countable on one hand once this event ends. Much less at a usable level.

But it's not really in your face.
The crates you get from the research are fairly well stocked credits and alloy wise.
In addition, more posibilities to get the actual good event units at a usuable level.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Don't bother, maybe go pick some flowers outside instead? Bake a cake? Play a different game?

spootieho
Storm Trooper

Post#49 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:43 am

I would rather it not wait for me to begin research. If I have the EP, it should begin research on it's own.

I think the EP should be able to accumulate while you are researching. Maybe have a max EP you can hold at any point.

The event is rather tight. I did complete it, but maybe an event this size should be at least a week.

I posted a lengthy reply yesterday and it said it went up for moderation. It's still not there. How active are the mods here?

DeathStriker

Post#50 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:42 am

spootieho wrote:I posted a lengthy reply yesterday and it said it went up for moderation. It's still not there. How active are the mods here?

spootieho - Welcome to the Forum! :D

The Moderators - of which I am the only one - are active most days here on this Forum. I approve all posts that require approval.

I checked, and there are no posts waiting for approval and you have only posted once, to which I am responding.

Please post your thoughts again as everyone's voice is important to be heard, whether or not we agree with what you post.

Have a good day. :D

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”