Do You Like The New EP System?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Do You Like The New EP System?

Yes - I am really excited about this new feature.
16%
Somewhat - It is ok... but it could stand some improvement.
47%
Maybe - I neither like it or dislike it.
5%
Perhaps Not - I find it too difficult or time consuming.
12%
No - It does not help the game at all.
19%
Other (Respond in Post)
No votes
Total votes: 170

DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#31 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:29 am

I somewhat like it and agree with SpaceDandy's post:

"I have to think some of the purpose of the system is to compel one to break protection. There was a time where I was happy to sign-off or not play if I logged in and saw I had hours and hours of protection to go ... but now, if I have the chance to run the Event timer and advance 3 places in an evening, or start a longer clock (the 8 hour ones), I will break protection to get the quick Event points necessary and make myself exposed to attack again. If others find themselves doing the same, that's impactful and results in less developer bases being hit and puts more real players with real loot in play..."

I am forced to break protection every few hours to do 2-3 attacks to get to the next stage of this Event. No prob, except for my stock of CB which I lose by the bucket, and I couldn't care less about the other two anymore. Dekas are not that interesting these days either. Making many rebels happy with loot while defensive wins pile up. I bet many more players will be available to attack. So better gameplay overall. Less CNFO's fewer dev bases needed, more action for both sides.

However, I do not care much about the new bike anyway, as I cannot donate it to other players (so far, probably this will be fixed) who might benefit more than me from it. My regular speeders are tough enough. The rewards are not that compelling either so far, though I like the Tognath samples during next event as I have never seen those issued before, except the 3 free samples on introduction. I might actually start to USE those instead of keeping them in my HQ as museum pieces.

As for the other two new units, The Ape Man and Golden Mile Creature I have not the slightest inkling how they will be, so at least I am curious again!
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

Desmshei

Post#32 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 pm

An unequivocal yes. It gives m something to do or not and this can replace the loss of not being in a squad

I'm closing in on the end so I am anxious to see what the research times for tasks 20, 21, 22 and 23 - anyone who is finished and wants to share???

Also, where does this speedster fit in - standard troop or a skin? I have enough issues with the current research times and the size of the Armoury

Oh well, lets see how it goes. Haven't used speedster since my jumpers went to lvl 10

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#33 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Shelendil wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:With 2 weeks for the conflicts, with 12 frags per bonus crate, a dedicated level 10 player with all of the other units maxed should be able to get the new unit to level 9 or 10.

It's 680 frags to get to level 10. Without spending crystals, and if the tognath and ithorian/kubaz are already maxed (unlikely), I think it's possible to get to level 8.

Asuming everything else is maxed:
32 grand prize
20 the other event step prizes
You could complete the event in 3 days leaving 3 days of bonus crates as 12 per day with 12-15 frags per crate, say 13 average.
12x13x3=468
52+468 frags for the event = 520

The event is run 2x so over 1000 frags.

Not to mention up to 3 per day from daily crates.

Maxed level 10 players should easily be able to get the new units to level 10 with the new system and other players will have easy access to a LOT more frags than before, once you get to those 12+ frag bonus crates.

I do not have all of the other units included at level 10, but these next 6 weeks should get me much closer with a lot of those bonus frags going towards them!!!
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#34 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:11 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
Shelendil wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:With 2 weeks for the conflicts, with 12 frags per bonus crate, a dedicated level 10 player with all of the other units maxed should be able to get the new unit to level 9 or 10.

It's 680 frags to get to level 10. Without spending crystals, and if the tognath and ithorian/kubaz are already maxed (unlikely), I think it's possible to get to level 8.

Asuming everything else is maxed:
32 grand prize
20 the other event step prizes
You could complete the event in 3 days leaving 3 days of bonus crates as 12 per day with 12-15 frags per crate, say 13 average.
12x13x3=468
52+468 frags for the event = 520

The event is run 2x so over 1000 frags.

Not to mention up to 3 per day from daily crates.

Maxed level 10 players should easily be able to get the new units to level 10 with the new system and other players will have easy access to a LOT more frags than before, once you get to those 12+ frag bonus crates.

I do not have all of the other units included at level 10, but these next 6 weeks should get me much closer with a lot of those bonus frags going towards them!!!

It's the 12*13*3 portion that's the rub. If your classic conflict units are maxed, your tognath and ith/kubaz are not maxed, using the info found here: https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/lc_e ... rship.html

1 draw with 2/11 chance 4 frags and 9/11 chance 3 frags
2 draws with 1/8 chance 4 frags and 1/8 chance 5 frags

That makes an expectation of 3.18 + 2*(0.5 + 0.625) = 5.43 bike frags per crate.

So 12*3*5.43 = 195.5 bike frags, bringing the total to 247.5 for the event week. And I don't know about you, but I am not waking up every two hours.

Edit: math
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

geoman48
Commodore

Post#35 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Tomato wrote:What's your thoughts?

I voted yes. I've played more in the last week than I did in the last month! Mind you, I thought the 2nd objective was going to give me data fragments for ithorians, not 10 unit samples. Still, working my way through it and going to try to unlock the new unit. We'll see. I really like that it adds a new dimension to the game. The feature has enticed me to break protection several times, and I have rarely done that in the past month before the EP system.
:mrgreen: do you have the droids I'm looking for? :mrgreen:

Desmshei

Post#36 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:53 am

Thanks, Deathstriker. The info on the EP operations is just what I need to plan going forward

I have enough time to make obj 23 for week 1 so 3 days have been worthwhile

But the future rewards may not be as exciting to go after

Harshit
Captain

Post#37 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 am

I have voted the 2nd option
My opinion:
I somewhat like this EP system . It's not at all hard to obtain EP for research, the only pain is that the research times are way to high and the time for researching is not with by seeing the rewards, just 1 frag ? pls give us 3 or at least 2 frags to make them useful and the crystals required for finishing the time is tremendous , it clearly Indicates Disney wants money, otherwise this system is good.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR

Pal
Lieutenant

Post#38 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 pm

this is horrible
FulginKnights - looking for Rebels to War and improve tactics.. and most of all have fun.

sgu97cab
Captain

Post#39 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:42 pm

I finally completed all the tasks and unlocked the new bike last night. My opinion:

Pros:
-It wasn't too hard completing all the objectives. Meeting the objectives themselves I found easier by completing most but not all of your daily objective for a planet i.e. if you have to deploy 27 dewbacks, then deploy all by one. If you have to donate/receive 96, only donate/receive up to 95, etc. Then when the research is complete donate/request your final unit, make a final attack, get EP from winning the attack plus extra EP from finishing the daily objectives on that planet, then immediately jump to your next planet and complete a heroic defense.
-After all the objectives are completed it bonus crate time and where the system really pays off. This is where you really get rewarded for grinding for a few days. I am now completing it every two hours and getting some decent numbers of frags for Kubuz and Tognath (which I haven't had for ages) and the new bike.
-Planetary conflict is still in play. Normally you can only get new units from grinds to Ultra Chrome, this new system would be rubbish if conflicts had been replaced but the fact that you can still grind in conflicts for frags on top of the EP system for new units is great. Christmas come early.

Cons:
-Timing of the research. Ok with the 2 hours but ideally you want to time it so that the 4 or 8 hour research is kicked off just before you call it a night and go to bed, but what normally happens is that it ends up being finished 2am or some other inconvenient time. (Yes I did have a sneaky couple of battles in the middle of the night with the screen brightness low while the wife was asleep!).
-Gem cost to speed up is ridiculous. Way more expensive per minute than speeding up troop production or normal research. I only did this once, as I had half hour to go and really wanted to kick off an 8 hour research before bed. This is where the mouse is trying to cash n on hoping you buy gems to speed things up.
-I think if you miss a day or so then you are pretty much screwed and wont be able to complete. I guess this is why they are offering a second chance week for all the new units. I had to force myself whilst nursing a severe hangover to jump online and keep things ticking over despite hardly being able to focus on the screen ;-)
-The new bike is not great (made even worse by not being able to donate it to be used in defense), I hope then next special units are better.
Leader - AUS-Darth_Gump (W107 D1 L8)
...Always looking for new Empire level 7+ players who chat, donate regularly, take part in wars. Preferably Australian time zones.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#40 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:23 pm

So I’m getting bonus crates now and see a problem. I have most everything maxed, so I’m getting over 10 bike frags per crate. That’s more like it! But...this is bad news for many players who do not have their tie advanced, vt-49, shock trooper etc. maxed. New content frags are going to be VERY hard to come by for the majority of players out there and players like me who have had those legacy units maxed will continue to get an enormous jump on the majority of players when it comes to new content.

Return to “General Discussions”