Do You Like The New EP System?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Do You Like The New EP System?

Yes - I am really excited about this new feature.
28
16%
Somewhat - It is ok... but it could stand some improvement.
80
47%
Maybe - I neither like it or dislike it.
9
5%
Perhaps Not - I find it too difficult or time consuming.
20
12%
No - It does not help the game at all.
33
19%
Other (Respond in Post)
0
No votes
Total votes: 170

User avatar
Tomato
Commodore
Posts: 134

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#11 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:28 pm

DeathStriker wrote:EP INFORMATION FOR ALL 6 WEEKS BY HQ LEVEL

Courtesy of our friendly "SWC Data Miners" :D

⇨ See LINK: https://boushh-swc.github.io/swc-extracted/EP.html

It explains a lot! :D

^ amazing thanks. Yeah with banking EP, I can't see how that will break the game, as it currently is. With the 300 EP at the end for a "crate" you may not even be getting the unit frag.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Added Quote for Clarity
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(


User avatar
Poene
Commodore
Posts: 193

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#12 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:55 pm

The basis of the new EP system is okay. If you do your homework and log in/start research when required then you will unlock the unit. It reminds me of Marvel Avengers Alliance - I miss that game so much - where you had to follow an entire 'Special Operations' to unlock a new hero in a short periode of time.

And yet, I am not participating in this EP event because I know it's completely useless to a lvl 10 player like me. If I fulfill the 23 tasks I will unlock a lvl 1 unit. My questions to the other lvl 9-10 players here: are you actually going to use this new unit in battle? Will you chose it over your regular lvl 9-10 bike?

I think no one will. That's why we will never see these units in action and so they will remain a rarity, like the latest spider bot hero. Only samples will be used here and there. That's a shame for the devs who put hours into designing the unit. We already have enough units in our roster which are not viable!

Marvel Avengers Alliance had a better approach: after unlocking the hero at lvl 1 via the Spec Ops you could upgrade him with normal credits. I wish the devs of this game would introduce the same system. Players would be a lot more encouraged to complete the Event because it would allow them to upgrade the unit to a competitive level.

Under the current system we would need like 8-10 event weeks with the new bike as a reward before the unit becomes viable. Based on how the devs repeat events I think it could take like 1 year before the first non-paying players have maxed this unit.


User avatar
burnlab
Storm Trooper
Posts: 4

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#13 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 pm

As a level 10 player, I have no use for the new bike. But getting extra loot and samples along the way - by doing things I would do anyway - is a very nice bonus. It hasn’t asked me to do anything out of the ordinary yet - like deploying 8 heroes I never use, like daily objectives do frequently.
HQ10 Imperial and fourth squad leader of Groot. Corellian ales are on me.


DarkRebel
Major General
Posts: 418

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#14 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Poene wrote:The basis of the new EP system is okay. If you do your homework and log in/start research when required then you will unlock the unit. It reminds me of Marvel Avengers Alliance - I miss that game so much - where you had to follow an entire 'Special Operations' to unlock a new hero in a short periode of time.

And yet, I am not participating in this EP event because I know it's completely useless to a lvl 10 player like me. If I fulfill the 23 tasks I will unlock a lvl 1 unit. My questions to the other lvl 9-10 players here: are you actually going to use this new unit in battle? Will you chose it over your regular lvl 9-10 bike?

I think no one will. That's why we will never see these units in action and so they will remain a rarity, like the latest spider bot hero. Only samples will be used here and there. That's a shame for the devs who put hours into designing the unit. We already have enough units in our roster which are not viable!

Marvel Avengers Alliance had a better approach: after unlocking the hero at lvl 1 via the Spec Ops you could upgrade him with normal credits. I wish the devs of this game would introduce the same system. Players would be a lot more encouraged to complete the Event because it would allow them to upgrade the unit to a competitive level.

Under the current system we would need like 8-10 event weeks with the new bike as a reward before the unit becomes viable. Based on how the devs repeat events I think it could take like 1 year before the first non-paying players have maxed this unit.

Of course L10 players don’t care about L1 bike.
But I play the events, because ... it is fun, and to me having fun is important.
Having said that though, they should give out more frags per event. 1 frag per event is very ... stingy, lol.


User avatar
Tomato
Commodore
Posts: 134

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#15 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:47 pm

The new bike is interesting. Its good in keep the GR, "busy" but still not sold if its worth all the hard work for a level 1. Just did some more rough calculations, if you add up all the upgrade time its aprox. 2 days. That's assuming you time the EP right away. So safely assume the fastest you will finish everything is 3 to 4 days to complete all the objectives.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(


Plagueis
Admiral
Posts: 821

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#16 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:13 pm

I’ve been saying this since its release: This was a dumb idea and honestly fixes nothing. Players will still lay down the $$$ and repeat the “haves and have nots” issue that many have complained about. This isn’t about balance or making ANYTHING easier; it’s all about benefiting the mouse. We won’t see the major issue right now because honestly no one is going to get the edge with bikes that are no better than reg lvl 10 imp bikes and absolutely NO reb is going to give up SC buffed jets for tie striker-vulnerable bikes no matter how fast they are. No, just wait until another “must have” unit comes out (reg at-at skin or buffed luke maybe?) and people start shelling out $100 or more per conflict to have these units several levels higher than yours. There will no doubt be another buffed “jet/jump” in the near future, whatever that might be and with this new reward system we’ll be stuck with level 1-2 units unless we whip out our wallets. People WILL do this because they know that if they get their new units much higher than yours, you will have a hard time countering them until you can catch up grinding by one frag at a time. Say hello to your new top 50 in every conflict. We’ve been chasing the frag carrot and just barely got the tip. Paying players will get a lot more carrot and the armory equipment gap will continue as it has since the beginning.


User avatar
Tomato
Commodore
Posts: 134

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#17 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Plagueis wrote:still lay down the $$$ and repeat the “haves and have nots” issue that many have complained about. This isn’t about balance or making ANYTHING easier; it’s all about benefiting the mouse.

I believe what we are seeing an $/effort optimizations by the mouse devs. They are doing things that are easy to code and drives the most $$.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(


User avatar
TheCleaner
Commodore
Posts: 178

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#18 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:24 pm

Plagueis wrote: We’ve been chasing the frag carrot and just barely got the tip.

Dirty lol
Active accounts iOS
Start 4/17-Knick Knack, Mini Base, HQ10, Rank 14, Officer -corpsegrinder-, a home for minis.


strawman3125
Commodore
Posts: 126

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#19 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:33 pm

With 2 weeks for the conflicts, with 12 frags per bonus crate, a dedicated level 10 player with all of the other units maxed should be able to get the new unit to level 9 or 10.
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 537

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#20 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:11 pm

strawman3125 wrote:With 2 weeks for the conflicts, with 12 frags per bonus crate, a dedicated level 10 player with all of the other units maxed should be able to get the new unit to level 9 or 10.

It's 680 frags to get to level 10. Without spending crystals, and if the tognath and ithorian/kubaz are already maxed (unlikely), I think it's possible to get to level 8.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aug13, CommonCrawl [Bot], sgu97cab, SpaceDandy, TSQL and 34 guests