Do You Like The New EP System?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Do You Like The New EP System?

Yes - I am really excited about this new feature.
16%
Somewhat - It is ok... but it could stand some improvement.
47%
Maybe - I neither like it or dislike it.
5%
Perhaps Not - I find it too difficult or time consuming.
12%
No - It does not help the game at all.
19%
Other (Respond in Post)
No votes
Total votes: 170

Tomato
Commodore

Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:57 am

Just curious if you guys like the new EP system or not? So far I'm leaning towards yes. I don't like the fact that I can't "bank" EP points, so that means I need to grind for EP points at specific times.

I will need to time when my research is done, switch planets, do an HD, donate that last troop. All so I can keep my protection and reach that needed EP. Only annoying if I'm grinding for CB but takes away from play when I can. I play in bursts. So if I can't grind EP b/c I'm busy I may not be able to unlock all the tiers.

Anyways so far I'm happy with it. I dont' think it changes much. Still would prefer a stabler game or even a level 11. But its certainly not the worse idea the Devs have came up with.

What's your thoughts?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Added POLL Options
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

DeathStriker

Re: Do you like the new EP system?

Post#2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Tomato wrote:Just curious if you guys like the new EP system or not?

What's your thoughts?

Tomato - I edited the POLL OPTIONS to give a better indication of what Players really think. I can change them back if you wish to Yes - No - Meh...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

burnlab
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 pm

I like it a lot. It adds a welcome new layer to the game. Having something else to do while grinding away on these week-long conflicts breaks up the monotony, and the reward crates have been surprisingly good. If it gets people playing more often during the day, that’s a plus: 1) your squad mates are checking in more often, and 2) it could lead to encountering more actual players in PVP.
HQ10 Imperial and fourth squad leader of Groot. Corellian ales are on me.

Tomato
Commodore

Post#4 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:36 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Tomato wrote:Just curious if you guys like the new EP system or not?

What's your thoughts?

Tomato - I edited the POLL OPTIONS to give a better indication of what Players really think. I can change them back if you wish to Yes - No - Meh...

Haha no problem! I was lazy. So I went with Yes, No, meh. Moderator of the year for you!

YourFather
Commodore

Re: Do You Like The New EP System?

Post#5 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:45 pm

I do have a few bones to pick with the system...

1. We need less ambiguity about what's in each milestone crate and how to get them. Right now we only see pictures of things without having any idea of what it will take to get there. I was also disappointed the kubaz crate only held samples, not frags.

2. More flexibility in frag crates. I know this will sound like splitting hairs but I'm thinking toward the future. The Sandtrooper crate only had Sandtrooper frags (not trooper frags). So if a player maxes out their sandtrooper before the other 2 types, then that player will only receive credits instead of frags for the other troopers. This isn't a sustainable model.

3. The new system doesn't hose MACROS players enough. The conflicts are still playing in the background and MACROS players will continue to get more abundant over time.

4. Zero incentive to fight a challenging battle. Players get the same amount of EP for clubbing a baby seal vs taking on the toughest base. Huge fail IMO.

5. There should have been chapter missions. FFS Disney, players have been asking you to bring chapter missions back since you stopped running them. Throw us a bone here.

6. What is the system trying to promote here, play habit wise? It's as if the devs want us to log in every couple of hours, do an attack or 2 then log off. At the same time planetary objectives can still take long periods of time to complete and we have our usual conflict system. Waddya want us to do devs?

Boog
Major General

Post#6 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Tomato wrote:Just curious if you guys like the new EP system or not? So far I'm leaning towards yes. I don't like the fact that I can't "bank" EP points, so that means I need to grind for EP points at specific times.

I really don't think you want them to change the system to 'bankable' EP. As soon as that happens, crate challenges go from the 150 ep range to the 1500 ep range. They would seriously screw us over if they changed the way EP works.

Jaykoz3
Lieutenant

Post#7 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:52 pm

I don't get players complaining about not being able to bank EP. The amount of EP needed for each objective is not astronomical. In fact, it's very easy to get enough EP. Just 3 star a base, and jump a conflict level.....voila EP earned, start research. It's not a huge deal.

Badtoro
Commodore

Post#8 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Tomato wrote: I don't like the fact that I can't "bank" EP points

That. Waste of time. Sucks.

Tomato
Commodore

Post#9 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:06 pm

^
B/c you have 23 levels to get through, that means you need to attack 23 independent times in a week, just to achieve the final objective. That means you need to login ~3x / day just to get to the end. With upgrades this means you login in the morning, noon and evening to collect those stupid points.

And that's not assuming doing bonus obj. which is what you want to upgrade the new unit quickly b/c at level 1 it might be pointless.

At a full level X, its practically impossible to 3 star unless you find a dev base (I'm a rebel) and cook times are ~13min b/c factories are useless now. So you need to find, 3 gaps of half an hour a day just to get to the final part. And EP requirements I'm finding are growing at each level. I'm at level 13 and I need 215, which is 4 two star victories. Assuming you can even beat the base.

You should be able to bank EP and they should just keep the levels the same now and reset it at each
event, IMO.

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:12 pm

EP INFORMATION FOR ALL 6 WEEKS BY HQ LEVEL

Courtesy of our friendly "SWC Data Miners" :D

⇨ See LINK: https://boushh-swc.github.io/swc-extracted/EP.html

It explains a lot! :D

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders