Do Frags Max Out Without Researching?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Chancellor
Commodore

Do Frags Max Out Without Researching?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm

My contraband trade port bracing is still at level 1, because I never use it and have been saving the research lab time for other things. But I have 1592 fragments now.

The wiki tells me that it'll take 20 + 40 + 60 + 100 + 140 + 200 + 260 + 360 + 440 = 1620 fragments to get it to level 10.

I know that when you have a unit leveled to the max, the game stops giving you equipment for that unit. Does that mean that once I get to 1620 fragments, the game will stop giving me more contraband tradeport fragments? Or do I have to go ahead and level it up to level 10 if I want the game to stop giving me more contraband tradeport fragments?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized

DeathStriker

Re: Do frags max out without researching?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Chancellor wrote:My contraband trade port bracing is still at level 1, because I never use it and have been saving the research lab time for other things. But I have 1592 fragments now.

The wiki tells me that it'll take 20 + 40 + 60 + 100 + 140 + 200 + 260 + 360 + 440 = 1620 fragments to get it to level 10.

I know that when you have a unit leveled to the max, the game stops giving you equipment for that unit. Does that mean that once I get to 1620 fragments, the game will stop giving me more contraband tradeport fragments? Or do I have to go ahead and level it up to level 10 if I want the game to stop giving me more contraband tradeport fragments?

Chancellor - Armory Buffs are Blocked by HQ Level - so you may have enough Frags to get a Buff to Level 10 but if your HQ is say Level 7 then the max you can Upgrade the Armory Equipment is Level 7 and will have to wait to Upgrade HQ before continuing.

ALSO... while Upgrading a Armory Structure Buff you will receive Fragments for - that Buff - until the Upgrade is completed.

So if you have enough to upgrade a Structure Buff to Level 10 and begin Research / Upgrade... during the Upgrade Process you will receive even MORE Data Fragments for that Structure...

NOW... If you don't do anything... you continue to get Data Fragments until that Structure Buff has maxed out at which point you stop getting Data Fragments for that Structure Buff...

If you fully upgrade all Basic / Advanced Armory Structure Buffs you will get nothing but Credits.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Chancellor wrote:Does that mean that once I get to 1620 fragments, the game will stop giving me more contraband tradeport fragments?

Yes. Unless you research it, then you get more during the research.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#4 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks. That's a relief -- I have no interest in some of these units, and was starting to get nervous that I'd have to spend research time to get them to level 10 if I wanted the game to stop giving me fragments for them. So it's nice to hear that I can just leave them alone and it'll stop once I have enough fragments, even if I'm not using them.

(Although that thing where you get more during a research step sounds like a weird glitch.)

Euph
Major General

Post#5 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Note that the glitch stops collecting frags if you reach the number of frags your current project cost. eg if you have maxed frags for something, and start it's L9 upgrade costing 360 frags taking 5 days.. and you collect another 360 frags (including any excess from previous upgrades) within that time, it will stop adding useless frags.

It seems that when you start a frag research the game deducts the frag cost from your total without taking into account what your next level will be once it finishes, and that's what causes it to start collecting them again.

Wish they'd hurry up and fix it. :/
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
Could not find an opponent.

DarthHunter
Captain

Post#6 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:16 am

Yes, I've just had this exact issue upgrading Rapid Fire Heat Sink from IX to X. Spent a week earning another useless 330 Frags.

Slayme
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:07 pm

I can say with certainty that once you have collected the maximum Data Fragments for all Basic and Advanced Armory Equipment, you will only receive Unit samples and Resources from Carbonite/Durasteel rewards crates.

I have a L7 HQ base where I did just that months ago. Only Bronzium crates are worth the effort.

Of course, the EP reward system has changed that. ;-)
Leader of SITH_COMMANDOS squad.
Head of the SITH Ruling Council.

wesman21
Lieutenant

Re: Do Frags Max Out Without Researching?

Post#8 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:50 am

Sounds like the game got this part of upgrading right. Put me at ease too. I feel like I'm at the point where only bronzium crates are worth any effort as well.

Return to “General Discussions”