Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 537

Re: Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

Post#11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:35 am

thecursedpit wrote:Imperial mechs better? @last 2 points. Maybe the troop info on the wiki is out of date but there's no way imp mechs are better:
- The tank for example, only surpasses the rebel version at lvl 10 in stats by a tiny bit, which is compensated by the rebel tank being 1 unit cap cheaper. (ok, rebe's tank has shorter range. But who cares when it has a tx skin)
- The at-at is even more laughable: the rebel counterpart has 10% fewer hitpoints, so let's "balance" it by giving it 20% more fire power and making it using 30% less sc space. What???
- Other vehicles are evenly matched or just plainly useless (droids!!!)
- And now we're not evening calculating in how op a medic droid is compared to a repair droid. Seriously wtf? It needs at least double hit points to make up for it being so much worse.

I only started a couple of months ago and my base is now almost rdy to go for hq8 but it's seriously unbelievable how bad game balance is. And to see rebel players cry on the forums that imps are better or rebels need buffs? Seriously these noobs then don't know how to play.


Where's my "not sure if serious" graphic...
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


strawman3125
Commodore
Posts: 126

Re: Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

Post#12 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:22 am

I have been complaining about how bad the imperial vehicles suck for a while now... For kicks, I just checked my research levels for my imperial accounts vs my rebel account:

My imperial accounts have speeders and tanks at max level and everything else is low level...
My Rebel account has max speeders, tanks, R2-B (these rock in war when Hoth is the only planet with damage bonus and the same UC as a jet!!!), Juggs, , Skiffs and Hailfires maxed or on their way. There are just more Rebel vehicles that are useful! (And the troops are better to boot! LOL!)

Loving my Rebel account!
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer


User avatar
Noahjedi77
Captain
Posts: 99

Re: Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

Post#13 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:41 am

thecursedpit wrote:Imperial mechs better? @last 2 points. Maybe the troop info on the wiki is out of date but there's no way imp mechs are better:
- The tank for example, only surpasses the rebel version at lvl 10 in stats by a tiny bit, which is compensated by the rebel tank being 1 unit cap cheaper. (ok, rebe's tank has shorter range. But who cares when it has a tx skin)
- The at-at is even more laughable: the rebel counterpart has 10% fewer hitpoints, so let's "balance" it by giving it 20% more fire power and making it using 30% less sc space. What???
- Other vehicles are evenly matched or just plainly useless (droids!!!)
- And now we're not evening calculating in how op a medic droid is compared to a repair droid. Seriously wtf? It needs at least double hit points to make up for it being so much worse.

I only started a couple of months ago and my base is now almost rdy to go for hq8 but it's seriously unbelievable how bad game balance is. And to see rebel players cry on the forums that imps are better or rebels need buffs? Seriously these noobs then don't know how to play.


A lot of ypour data is number data. Of course this is a good starting point, but it doesnt give the whole story.you also need to look at its synergy with other units. before skins, atat and crab with meds was very poerfull. Turrets couldnt get more than a shot off. If rebs tried this, it usualy didnt end well. Wehn the stolen rewaerds came out, i tried crab with joggie ans imp med, it still failed. this was also when imps were getting rolled over by heavy and meds. I think this was a time of pretty decent balence in the gaem. Technically the units havent changed, so in that way it still is, but skins have kind of changed that.
also, u say you are a lv 8, and call people noobs. Its very different for everyone and it sounds like your on the easy side. At lv 10 it is very different and many people who say this or that needs a buff, while this or that doesnt have some merit, if you look at what kind of bases they play, and what hq lv they are. Its very different for everyone,

im a lv 10, 3/4 i face gr, 1/4 i face snip[er buff
-my opinion


Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)


DarkRebel
Major General
Posts: 418

Re: Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

Post#14 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:28 am

strawman3125 wrote:I have been complaining about how bad the imperial vehicles suck for a while now... For kicks, I just checked my research levels for my imperial accounts vs my rebel account:

My imperial accounts have speeders and tanks at max level and everything else is low level...
My Rebel account has max speeders, tanks, R2-B (these rock in war when Hoth is the only planet with damage bonus and the same UC as a jet!!!), Juggs, , Skiffs and Hailfires maxed or on their way. There are just more Rebel vehicles that are useful! (And the troops are better to boot! LOL!)

Loving my Rebel account!

BS.
- MHC is by far a much better vehicle than rebel HFD (comparable unit).
- And T2B (not R2B) is no where close to the much stronger IMP version, ATST. If you think T2B is good in war ? try ATST.
- Hover tank is like the worst vehicle ever. Only TX skin made it useable but even that rebel's TX is inferior to the longer range, stronger IMP's TX.
- IMP bikes are much better than rebel bikes, even with the 1 extra UC. It's more than worth it.

Rebel has one excellent vehicle - juggernaut. IMP's ATAT is just bad when compared to jug, but it is still usable at lower level.

The main problem is the armory system that caused such a huge discrepancy between buffed units and unbuffed units. Most people go with buffed units as they give them the best chance to win.

Nowadays, jets/jumps rule the galaxy !!!


strawman3125
Commodore
Posts: 126

Re: Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

Post#15 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:53 am

DarkRebel wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:I have been complaining about how bad the imperial vehicles suck for a while now... For kicks, I just checked my research levels for my imperial accounts vs my rebel account:

My imperial accounts have speeders and tanks at max level and everything else is low level...
My Rebel account has max speeders, tanks, R2-B (these rock in war when Hoth is the only planet with damage bonus and the same UC as a jet!!!), Juggs, , Skiffs and Hailfires maxed or on their way. There are just more Rebel vehicles that are useful! (And the troops are better to boot! LOL!)

Loving my Rebel account!

BS.
- MHC is by far a much better vehicle than rebel HFD (comparable unit).
- And T2B (not R2B) is no where close to the much stronger IMP version, ATST. If you think T2B is good in war ? try ATST.
- Hover tank is like the worst vehicle ever. Only TX skin made it useable but even that rebel's TX is inferior to the longer range, stronger IMP's TX.
- IMP bikes are much better than rebel bikes, even with the 1 extra UC. It's more than worth it.

Rebel has one excellent vehicle - juggernaut. IMP's ATAT is just bad when compared to jug, but it is still usable at lower level.

The main problem is the armory system that caused such a huge discrepancy between buffed units and unbuffed units. Most people go with buffed units as they give them the best chance to win.

Nowadays, jets/jumps rule the galaxy !!!


A lot of this is about style of play and my perspective is just different.

MHC vs HFD - The only planet either of these are useful on is Hoth and I ONLY use either in SC where I would rather have 5 HFDs than 3 MHCs.The damage output is higher and they move faster. So as far as I use them, the HFD seems better. Both die just as fast to fangs or strikers. MHCs are just too slow to use on the offence and HFDs are just too fragile.

T2B: Once again, I favour the smaller UC of the T2B, I would rather have 3 T2Bs for every 2 ATSTs as I can cover more ground and get those spread out bases in WAR, which is always the problem when the increased troop damage planet is not available. Once again, style of play. (Besides my imperial accounts have hundreds of TX225s in storage so for the same UC I would use them over the ATSTs!)

TX225s - Effectively as far as I can tell, on the field, these are about the same. Sure at level 8 the Rebel tank has better health than the Imperial tank with equal damage, but I don't really notice this. I don't mind the lesser range as I want the tanks up front taking the damage rather than my jets. And I love that I can get one more of them in my build queue so I don't have to open up my factories as often to fill the queue again! LOL! And when you have 36 UC in your SC you can fit 4 of them in there instead of 3. These are really equal on both sides but with my style of play I slightly prefer the Rebel version.

Bikes: I only ever use bikes in SC and I would ALWAYS take 8 rebel bikes vs 6 Imperial bikes! Hands down Rebel winner!

Juggernaut is way better than ATAT!

I agree on the armoury! Once everything has skins everything will be just as useable as it was before the armoury! LOL! Until then units with skins will be more useable than units without...
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer


thecursedpit
Officer
Posts: 8

Re: Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

Post#16 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 am

Noahjedi77 wrote:A lot of ypour data is number data. Of course this is a good starting point, but it doesnt give the whole story.you also need to look at its synergy with other units. before skins, atat and crab with meds was very poerfull. Turrets couldnt get more than a shot off. If rebs tried this, it usualy didnt end well. Wehn the stolen rewaerds came out, i tried crab with joggie ans imp med, it still failed. this was also when imps were getting rolled over by heavy and meds. I think this was a time of pretty decent balence in the gaem. Technically the units havent changed, so in that way it still is, but skins have kind of changed that.
also, u say you are a lv 8, and call people noobs. Its very different for everyone and it sounds like your on the easy side. At lv 10 it is very different and many people who say this or that needs a buff, while this or that doesnt have some merit, if you look at what kind of bases they play, and what hq lv they are. Its very different for everyone,

im a lv 10, 3/4 i face gr, 1/4 i face snip[er buff


You raise excellent points, certainly about synergy, skins etc.

I don't think I called people noobs, but I do think some people here tend to "overreact" about "inbalances/weakness" for the rebel side that are simply not there in my opinion.
I don't believe you disagree with empire vehicles not being better than rebel vehicles? Because that was mostly my original point. I almost never see anyone use vehicles on the empire side no matter what hq lvl. My squad mates that are 9/10 don't, 7/8 also hardly ever. And before anyone says imperial infantry is better than rebel versions: give me what you're drinking!

As for maybe being on the easy side according to you:
Yeah, I'm hq7 (not 8) but I do attack hq8/9 bases only. I never even see hq7's, only 8/9 (I asume cause of too many medals and matchmaking mechanics or something). That's 2 or 4 more turrets and a shield more than I can crank out on my defenses and better stats. So it should be harder but I have no trouble at all with any skins or defenses and always 2 star or 3 star those bases.
I don't even want easy bases because the loot is often bad and you don't learn to play well for squad wars when things get harder.
Point is here that people should find ways to use better strategies instead of complaining there's an "inbalance".
Yeah when I just got 7 and saw only 8/9s with reserves on I had to addept too. That worked and now I have no trouble whatsoever.

And as for things changing at higher lvls: sure. Can't disagree with that. But I also see many attacks and defenses from hq9/10 squad mates and was able to give tips that helped on their defenses providing way more wins. So I don't think my hq lvl should be the indicator only here of wether or not I know anything about higher lvl hq's.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aug13, CommonCrawl [Bot], sgu97cab, SpaceDandy, TSQL and 35 guests