Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
BAR
Lieutenant

Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

Post#1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 am

Empire should have Better Mechs and Rebels Beter Infantary.

That is how it was when the game started, Nowadays, it seems not to be so.

Swad
Major General

Re: Empire troops advantage vs Rebel troops advantage

Post#2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 am

You are correct BAR. Even now, when new players are asked which side they want to join, they are offered "The mechanical might of the Empire". Then once they sign up and start playing, they find out that this is no longer the case.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Boog
Major General

Post#3 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:10 am

If they want imps to use vehicles, they need to buff repair droids so they actually work.

sgu97cab
Captain

Post#4 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Main problem is that only the Tank has a good skin (TX225) which makes it viable for war, also the Cold Weather MHC in the event you are on Hoth. Otherwise all the vehicles die too quickly especially against buffed rocket turrets, so far better to pack buffed heavies or buffed jumps instead of vehicles. Another annoyance of mine on the Empire side it that the ATDP is far too slow and pointless targeting troops which 100% of the time are faster than it (same with the AT TE for Rebels) whoever came up with the idea for them both to target troops should be shot. Would be more useful if they targeted closest structures instead.
The crux of this is that in my opinion it ends up giving the Rebels an advantage. i.e. all Rebel infantry has better stats than Empire, yet I find only infantry are viable options for me now, thus I am at a disadvantage vs a Rebel of the same level as me.
Leader - AUS-Darth_Gump (W107 D1 L7)
...Always looking for new Empire level 7+ players who chat, donate regularly, take part in wars. Preferably Australian time zones.

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:47 pm

sgu97cab wrote:Main problem is that only the Tank has a good skin (TX225) which makes it viable for war, also the Cold Weather MHC in the event you are on Hoth. Otherwise all the vehicles die too quickly especially against buffed rocket turrets, so far better to pack buffed heavies or buffed jumps instead of vehicles. Another annoyance of mine on the Empire side it that the ATDP is far too slow and pointless targeting troops which 100% of the time are faster than it (same with the AT TE for Rebels) whoever came up with the idea for them both to target troops should be shot. Would be more useful if they targeted closest structures instead.
The crux of this is that in my opinion it ends up giving the Rebels an advantage. i.e. all Rebel infantry has better stats than Empire, yet I find only infantry are viable options for me now, thus I am at a disadvantage vs a Rebel of the same level as me.

So true!

I would love to see some skins for the ATST and ATAT! The elite ATST would be awesome skinned! Also, make the probe droid useful! Give the Rebels some new skins for troops at the same time.
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer

sgu97cab
Captain

Post#6 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:08 pm

True, I forgot about the probe droid, this is a totally useless unit! The only time I build it is when I get one of those 'Build 15 vehicles' objectives and the droid is quicker and less capacity to nail that brief!
...Always looking for new Empire level 7+ players who chat, donate regularly, take part in wars. Preferably Australian time zones.

Apache1
Officer

Post#7 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:20 pm

I have found that probe droids are useful in defense.

Noahjedi77
Captain

Post#8 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 pm

isnt this how it still is? i may be wrong, but ive seen lots of people still complaining that reb jets are better, as well as the reb heavy and med combo. But i also still think that imp med and crabs is better than reb med and hails, and i guess this is debatable, but atat i think is better than joggie.
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)

sgu97cab
Captain

Post#9 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Noahjedi77 agree with you.
My issue is that these days I get no-where with Crabs, ATAT or any other Imp vehicle and in order to win I have to rely on jump troopers to win battles. So although Imperial Mech is better, I never use it anymore. To that extent I would rather be rebel with more powerful jets than Imp jumps.

thecursedpit
Officer

Post#10 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:43 am

Imperial mechs better? @last 2 points. Maybe the troop info on the wiki is out of date but there's no way imp mechs are better:
- The tank for example, only surpasses the rebel version at lvl 10 in stats by a tiny bit, which is compensated by the rebel tank being 1 unit cap cheaper. (ok, rebe's tank has shorter range. But who cares when it has a tx skin)
- The at-at is even more laughable: the rebel counterpart has 10% fewer hitpoints, so let's "balance" it by giving it 20% more fire power and making it using 30% less sc space. What???
- Other vehicles are evenly matched or just plainly useless (droids!!!)
- And now we're not evening calculating in how op a medic droid is compared to a repair droid. Seriously wtf? It needs at least double hit points to make up for it being so much worse.

I only started a couple of months ago and my base is now almost rdy to go for hq8 but it's seriously unbelievable how bad game balance is. And to see rebel players cry on the forums that imps are better or rebels need buffs? Seriously these noobs then don't know how to play.

Return to “General Discussions”