I am looking forward to Solo, although not with as much optimism as when I went to see TLJ.
As I recall, Howard took over Solo after Rogue One came out. I thought Rogue One was brilliant. It's consistency with the Original Trilogy and original story telling would have been the benchmark Howard had for his work on Solo. That's a benchmark I'm on board with.
It's Episode 9 I'm now leery of. What's left to plagiarise from the original trilogy?
- Another Ewok battle with, AT-STs being taken about by logs?,
- a scene in Jabba's palace where a dancer and then a jedi fall into a rancor pitt?
- A city in the clouds, and someone (Rey?) to be frozen in carbonite?
- A scoundrel who has reluctantly co-operated with the Empire/First Order but really sympathises with the Rebels (looks like Benici Del Toro's DJ character has already been teed up for this)?
- Scenes / training with force ghosts on a swamp planet?
- Another Starkiller planet (but this time incomplete so that the attacking ships can fly into the infrastructure?
Based on Jar Jar Abrams body of work so far, he clearly doesn't do 'original'.
HQ 10 Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week
Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.