The Last Jedi (Spoilers Included)

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Jaykoz3
Captain

Re: The Last Jedi (Spoilers Included)

Post#261 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:I'm looking forward to 9. Not so much with solo. Not sure how I will react to seeing a Ford replacement.

It's funny how all of the youtube posters are now making videos saying how Solo is gonna bomb, etc.....Disney is gonna fire Kennedy....

I actually think Solo will be quite good. Larry Kasdan and his son wrote the script/story, and how many bad movies has Ron Howard directed?

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#262 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Disney owns Indiana Jones. I think they’re going to have trouble distinguishing a Solo movie from this or even Pirates of the caribbean especially with the humor that’s been forced into Star Wars lately. Rolling boulders rolling after an adventurer....rathtars rolling after an adventurer...It’s like it’s a franchise that no one really asked for or is needed. It’ll be like Young Indian Jones... I would rather have a Quigon Jinn or Boba Fett series.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#263 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Jaykoz3 wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:I'm looking forward to 9. Not so much with solo. Not sure how I will react to seeing a Ford replacement.

It's funny how all of the youtube posters are now making videos saying how Solo is gonna bomb, etc.....Disney is gonna fire Kennedy....

I actually think Solo will be quite good. Larry Kasdan and his son wrote the script/story, and how many bad movies has Ron Howard directed?

Solid points. Lawrence is responsible for the greatest movie in the series in my opinion. And Ron Howard is money. I will go into it with an open mind.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Solo.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#264 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 pm

I will make up my mind on this after episode 9. If disney can somehow channel the true spirit of star wars and put it into a movie instead of sucking it out I might see a Solo movie afterwards.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#265 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:54 am

I am looking forward to Solo, although not with as much optimism as when I went to see TLJ.

As I recall, Howard took over Solo after Rogue One came out. I thought Rogue One was brilliant. It's consistency with the Original Trilogy and original story telling would have been the benchmark Howard had for his work on Solo. That's a benchmark I'm on board with.

It's Episode 9 I'm now leery of. What's left to plagiarise from the original trilogy?
- Another Ewok battle with, AT-STs being taken about by logs?,
- a scene in Jabba's palace where a dancer and then a jedi fall into a rancor pitt?
- A city in the clouds, and someone (Rey?) to be frozen in carbonite?
- A scoundrel who has reluctantly co-operated with the Empire/First Order but really sympathises with the Rebels (looks like Benici Del Toro's DJ character has already been teed up for this)?
- Scenes / training with force ghosts on a swamp planet?
- Another Starkiller planet (but this time incomplete so that the attacking ships can fly into the infrastructure?

Based on Jar Jar Abrams body of work so far, he clearly doesn't do 'original'.

HQ 10 Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

VileDoom
Major General

Post#266 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 am

STARBENDER - War Record 211W 3L 10T - We are Recruiting
BioHazard - Leader of STARBENDER

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#267 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:55 am

VileDoom wrote:https://youtu.be/uwFN6J7HV_A

This is more an indication of China not caring much about Star Wars movie in general, and not so much about the movie being good or bad. Agree ?

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#268 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Probably, since they never saw the original trilogy.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Solo.

VileDoom
Major General

Post#269 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:49 pm

DarkRebel wrote:This is more an indication of China not caring much about a bad movie in general, and more about the movie being liked by so many simply because it’s Star Wars. Agree ?

Corrected your statement.
STARBENDER - War Record 211W 3L 10T - We are Recruiting
BioHazard - Leader of STARBENDER

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#270 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:17 pm

VileDoom wrote:This is more an indication of China not caring much about a bad movie in general, and more about the movie being liked by so many simply because it’s Star Wars. Agree ?

Changed the author since this statement wasn’t made by me.

Now, about your statement, how would one know if it’s good or bad if they didn’t even watch it ?

Return to “General Discussions”