The Last Jedi (Spoilers Included)

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Re: The Last Jedi (Spoilers Included)

Post#231 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:18 pm

What would you expect them to say? They can't admit it if it is true. The reality is that it is possible. And the reality is that 90% of actual moviegoers liked the movie. Post Track is another theater exit poll. Same score. If you didn't like the movie you are in a 10% minority. Now that is a very knowledgeable and passionate minority, but a minority nonetheless.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

RylosAlchiban
Commander

Post#232 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:What would you expect them to say? They can't admit it if it is true. The reality is that it is possible. And the reality is that 90% of actual moviegoers liked the movie.

Actually 51% of moviegoers DISLIKED the Movie and as it opens around the world expect millions more to be turned off by this stinkfest of a Star Wars film.

Cinemascore's motto is "Everybody gets a trophy for participating".

I find NOT the critics score, but the registered users score to be extremely accurate on Rotten Tomatoes. By the way the movie has fallen to 49% of actual moviegoers approval rating, and did NOT even finish first in its debut in China.

The Last Jedi - A Terrible Movie :cry:

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#233 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Rotten Tomatoes is at 49%. Idbm is at 75%. Why the discrepancy? Because they are both user reviews. It is not random. It is the people that felt like writing a review. If half the people that disliked the movie post a review and 10% of the people that liked the movie post a review then obviously the reviews will not reflect the actual percentages. Cinemascore and Post Track are both moviegoer polls that poll the audience as they leave the theater and they both have the same score at 90%.
Looking forward to Ep9.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#234 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:What would you expect them to say? They can't admit it if it is true. The reality is that it is possible. And the reality is that 90% of actual moviegoers liked the movie. Post Track is another theater exit poll. Same score. If you didn't like the movie you are in a 10% minority. Now that is a very knowledgeable and passionate minority, but a minority nonetheless.

Actually they can and probably would admit it if it were true. Integrity of reviews are literally everything to sites like Rotten Tomatoes (whether they’re accurate is another topic) and they’re sure as hell to protect that integrity. If those reviews were hacked , no doubt audience reviews would be omitted with a notification/apology or that data would be gathered again. This is coming from someone with an SEO/e-commerce background handling customer reviews.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#235 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 pm

I respectfully disagree. Cover-ups are ubiquitous.
Looking forward to Ep9.

VileDoom
Major General

Post#236 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:I respectfully disagree. Cover-ups are ubiquitous.

As much as you want to think this movie was awesome... Sorry it sucked. Lol
BioHazard - SHADOWBENDER

Kylo
Commodore

Post#237 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:49 am

I feel bad for the people who didn't like it. There were some things I hated like Leia Poppins, things I wanted more of like Luke, but overall it is a good movie.

spootieho
Commodore

Post#238 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 am

The movie was enjoyable. I enjoyed it enough to get past all the cringe. I tell everyone they should see it.

That said, it was one of the worst Star Wars movies. In the grand scheme of things, it did a lot of wrong. It could have done a lot of things that it didn't do.
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#239 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:11 am

Jaykoz3 wrote:This is a bit long, but it's fairly insightful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRwmtpr79qE

Kevin Smith is a Fanboy, granted, but this is a very real take on the movie. As someone in the industry, Kevin doesn't take himself too seriously which is refreshing. To me, many fans lose sight of what movies are supposed to be, and take things too seriously.

Kevin Smith is one of the biggest shills and one of the worst reviewers. Seriously. I enjoy his work, and I watched his TFA review after it came out, and thought "Ok, cool, he's a SW fanboy for real".... and then I watched him review other Disney/Marvel/etc. movies..... and his reviews are all the same, no matter how bad the movie is, their glowing perfect movies in his eyes.

His TLJ review is so over the top hyperbole and fanboy gushing that it's ridiculous to even take seriously.

akula1321
Squadron Leader

Post#240 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:31 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:What would you expect them to say? They can't admit it if it is true. The reality is that it is possible. And the reality is that 90% of actual moviegoers liked the movie. Post Track is another theater exit poll. Same score. If you didn't like the movie you are in a 10% minority. Now that is a very knowledgeable and passionate minority, but a minority nonetheless.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/star-wa ... -last-jedi

4.6/10; stop deluding yourself with spin and damage control narratives. I do think a 6.5-7 is a more fair score, but taken from a hardcore SW fans' perspective it's easy to see the score at 5. It's also not hard to be clear eyed and unbiased and see TLJ as Disney's version of the Phantom Menace. People giving this movie a score of 9 or above are pretty delusional. There are Oscar winning movies that can't even get above an 8.5 for crying out loud. Let's be real.

I know, maybe Russia hacked the scores, and all of us who are critical of the movie work for the KGB! :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”