The Last Jedi (Spoilers Included)

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
spootieho
Commander

Re: The Last Jedi (Spoilers Included)

Post#221 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:51 pm

True that:
Kylo Ren went from the most annoying character to the most interesting character.

Everyone else became less interesting... Which is very hard to accomplish, but apparently they were able to successfully make all the other new characters less interesting.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#222 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Kylo Ren never was interesting to me. He seems like an emo napoleon dynamite.

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#223 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:53 pm

akula1321 wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:Man some of you are brutal! Too harsh imo. If we look at other sw movies with such a critical lense, they all suck! Lets do ep5, the most popular of the series.
1. Luke clowned by an animal.
2. Instead of using defeated animal's cave for shelter, runs out to die in elements.
3. 2 rebel leaders on garbage patrol duty
4. Jedi master spends a couple hours clowning Luke with childish acts
5. Frontal assault on atats with airships
6. No emperor back story
7. Humans walk in mouth of space worm without space suits/gravity
8. Empire gravity bombs asteroid
I could go on...

This entire list is poor equivocation on orders or magnitude relative to TLJ, and misses most if not all the valid critiques of the movie.

The gravity bombs I had less of problem with than the arching cannon shells fired into space. There are many possible explanations for the bombs, rail spheres or magnetic mines from the bomber scene. Whatever you wish to call them. The point is with the Leia scene and Snoke and Rey's parents is that Disney is just trolling our wallets at this point and have little if any respect for the fans that made it what it was. That's the point. Poor lazy writing and zero creativity are the real problems and really just an insult to the fan base.

That said, it was a really entertaining sequel to Spaceballs.

I respectfully disagree.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
The Last Jedi is wonderful.

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#224 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:55 pm

YourFather wrote:One positive thing that everyone seems to have missed...

I don't think they could have done a better job making a character that behaves like Hayden Christensen's grandson than Kylo Ren. I mean, man is that guy a whiny brat.

Lol true. Although I appreciate the character growth in 8 from 7. I loved the Snoke slice.

RylosAlchiban
Commander

Post#225 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 am

An exclusive inside look into the Disney minds who brought you the Last Jedi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV_fwnlNPzw

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#226 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:59 pm

I can’t think of another movie that has fueled the creation of so many scathing review videos on youtube. Not even Batman V Superman or Justice League got hammered as hard as TLJ. That’s how BAD it is.

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#227 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:29 pm

20180109_142831.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VileDoom
Major General

Post#228 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Ohhhhhhh Disney... what have you done...
STARBENDER - War Record 204W 3L 9T - We are Recruiting
BioHazard - Leader of STARBENDER

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#229 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Screenshot_20180109-193125.png
Screenshot_20180109-193318.png
Screenshot_20180109-193439.png

The first is cinemascore, which polls moviegoers randomly as they exit the theater. The movie is a big hit. Then we have Rotten Tomatoes which has been corrupted by a vocal passionate minority.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#230 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Rotten Tomatoes calling BS on bot hacking of TLJ reviews:

With box office sales for Star Wars: The Last Jedi debuting at the second-highest in history, the discrepancy between Rotten Tomatoes' high critical marks (93 percent fresh as of this writing) and low audience score (54 percent, the lowest of the series' nine films) has been a real cinephile's enigma. In response to claims that the audience score has been rigged, Rotten Tomatoes verified that it's indeed accurate.

“We have several teams of security, network, and social database experts who constantly monitor reviews and ratings to ensure that they are genuine,” spokesperson Benson told Forbes. Benson is the vice president of communications for Fandango, Rotten Tomatoes' parent company. “They haven’t seen anything unusual with The Last Jedi, except that there has been an uptick in the number of written user reviews submitted. Aside from that, everything is normal and we don’t see any unusual activity. We looked at The Last Jedi compared to other blockbusters and it has been consistent with those past films.”

Return to “General Discussions”