akula1321 wrote:Forceisweaknyou wrote:Man some of you are brutal! Too harsh imo. If we look at other sw movies with such a critical lense, they all suck! Lets do ep5, the most popular of the series.
1. Luke clowned by an animal.
2. Instead of using defeated animal's cave for shelter, runs out to die in elements.
3. 2 rebel leaders on garbage patrol duty
4. Jedi master spends a couple hours clowning Luke with childish acts
5. Frontal assault on atats with airships
6. No emperor back story
7. Humans walk in mouth of space worm without space suits/gravity
8. Empire gravity bombs asteroid
I could go on...
This entire list is poor equivocation on orders or magnitude relative to TLJ, and misses most if not all the valid critiques of the movie.
The gravity bombs I had less of problem with than the arching cannon shells fired into space. There are many possible explanations for the bombs, rail spheres or magnetic mines from the bomber scene. Whatever you wish to call them. The point is with the Leia scene and Snoke and Rey's parents is that Disney is just trolling our wallets at this point and have little if any respect for the fans that made it what it was. That's the point. Poor lazy writing and zero creativity are the real problems and really just an insult to the fan base.
That said, it was a really entertaining sequel to Spaceballs.
YourFather wrote:One positive thing that everyone seems to have missed...
I don't think they could have done a better job making a character that behaves like Hayden Christensen's grandson than Kylo Ren. I mean, man is that guy a whiny brat.
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Bing [Bot], Boog, ComanderWolfe1, CommonCrawl [Bot], Lynch, Marty19561, nunovix, Plagueis, Schruaf, Spock, TSQL and 34 guests