The Last Jedi (Spoilers Included)

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Re: The Last Jedi (spoilers included)

Post#21 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Midge wrote:Can't wait to see it. Going to Disney World and will be seeing it on premiere day there! Going to be a blast!

Lucky you! I live 8 hours from Disneyland in California and I'm itching to go but not in the cards this year. Have fun
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

wedge
Commander

Post#22 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:58 am

any fan theories allowed before the release?

Burrito
Commodore

Post#23 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:43 am

wedge wrote:any fan theories allowed before the release?

J.J. Assram with Disney rapes the universe, environment, and the mysticism of the Star Wars universe. Much like Spielberg and Lucas did with the remastered and prequels then to Indiana Jones for the turning of the knife that was Crystal Skull.

So much for being optimistic today.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#24 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:09 am

Absolutely! Anything goes here. Another thread "spoiler free" will be started by someone else. On a side note I love these shirts.
20171209_110843.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking forward to Ep9.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#25 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:11 am

Burrito wrote:

J.J. Assram with Disney rapes the universe, environment, and the mysticism of the Star Wars universe. Much like Spielberg and Lucas did with the remastered and prequels then to Indiana Jones for the turning of the knife that was Crystal Skull.

So much for being optimistic today.

Valid criticism, though I think overall the movies are fun, full of easter eggs and references, and maintain some of the Star Wars magic. Crystal Skull was below par. Should have stuck to cool supernatural archaeology!
Looking forward to Ep9.

Burrito
Commodore

Post#26 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:02 pm

I wasn't a HUGE star trek fan. However the J.J. Assram remakes where shameful. FFS just come up with something mildly original. They could have made the exact same movies and called it ANYTHING but Star Trek and it would have been just as good/better. I loved the classics, even didn't hate the movies. ALL of the spin-offs sucked balls. So instead of trying to create something new and have it risk failing why not remaste.... rewrite the classic series and call it a "different timeline" so maybe I piss off less people for shitting all over something classic. Completely undo everything the classics had classy, and remove all the corny humor. It just feels like Adam West shooting the Joker with a tommy gun and blood splashing all over the screen. Next up; I play Mozart and Beethoven on the washboard and spoons, since I am famous people will eat it up.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#27 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Washboard and spoons hahaha. Ep8 should at the very least be original, with the death star gone and some interesting directions to follow.
Looking forward to Ep9.

LosVega
Major General

Post#28 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Burrito wrote:I wasn't a HUGE star trek fan. However the J.J. Assram remakes where shameful. FFS just come up with something mildly original. They could have made the exact same movies and called it ANYTHING but Star Trek and it would have been just as good/better. I loved the classics, even didn't hate the movies. ALL of the spin-offs sucked balls. So instead of trying to create something new and have it risk failing why not remaste.... rewrite the classic series and call it a "different timeline" so maybe I piss off less people for shitting all over something classic. Completely undo everything the classics had classy, and remove all the corny humor. It just feels like Adam West shooting the Joker with a tommy gun and blood splashing all over the screen. Next up; I play Mozart and Beethoven on the washboard and spoons, since I am famous people will eat it up.

I'm a fan of both but I really hope that he doesn't use the same cookie cutter with Star Wars as he did with Star Trek. I lost interest after the 2nd Star Trek "remake" because of the severe lack of originality. It would be much harder to screw up Star Wars considering where the prequels left it but anything is possible. They are milking (have milked?) the Star Trek cow to the point that anyone who enjoyed the classics up to STNG and maybe DS9 probably don't care much for what followed. I have high hopes for the next installment of SW only because of what I don't know of the new characters. What I do know is if they do too close of an ESB remake, I'll be extremely disappointed.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Warrior
Captain

Post#29 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Burrito wrote:I wasn't a HUGE star trek fan. However the J.J. Assram remakes where shameful. FFS just come up with something mildly original. They could have made the exact same movies and called it ANYTHING but Star Trek and it would have been just as good/better. I loved the classics, even didn't hate the movies. ALL of the spin-offs sucked balls. So instead of trying to create something new and have it risk failing why not remaste.... rewrite the classic series and call it a "different timeline" so maybe I piss off less people for shitting all over something classic. Completely undo everything the classics had classy, and remove all the corny humor. It just feels like Adam West shooting the Joker with a tommy gun and blood splashing all over the screen. Next up; I play Mozart and Beethoven on the washboard and spoons, since I am famous people will eat it up.

Watch www.startrekcontinues.com

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#30 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Warrior wrote:

Watch http://www.startrekcontinues.com

I did. Phenomenal! I had never heard of it. Captures the essence of the original series very well. Aside from Captain Kirk voice a bit off-putting very well done.
Looking forward to Ep9.

Return to “General Discussions”