The Last Jedi (spoilers included)

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Re: The Last Jedi (spoilers included)

Post#11 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm

ms1 wrote:Wow, actual movie characters tied into the game. How great would that be. I would swap the Spider hero thingy for a Rey any day. Maybe Kessan could be replaced by Finn. And some speeder traps to take down approaching AT-AT's that trip up their legs, that would be cool.

I love the game but as a StarWars game they seem to be going out of their way to distance themselves from what draws people to it.

Great ideas hopefully some cool stuff on the way
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Check out Family Guy Blue Harvest. Hilarious!

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm

A point of concern for me is Laura Dern replacing Carrie Fisher basically. I haven't felt a sense of leadership in any of her past roles. I did like her in Jurassic Park though.

LosVega
Major General

Post#13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 pm

ms1 wrote:Wow, actual movie characters tied into the game. How great would that be. I would swap the Spider hero thingy for a Rey any day. Maybe Kessan could be replaced by Finn. And some speeder traps to take down approaching AT-AT's that trip up their legs, that would be cool.

I love the game but as a StarWars game they seem to be going out of their way to distance themselves from what draws people to it.

it's not so much distancing themselves, I think it's more along the lines of riding the wave of popularity in order to keep the game relevant and draw in the newly interested.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

DarthHunter
Captain

Post#14 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:05 am

There's an additional wrinkle in that the game is (fairly loosely) set in the period post-New Hope and pre- Empire Strikes Back (despite there being AT-AT wrecks and ruined Rebel defences shown on Hoth, but let's gloss over that). So all the vehicle and troop units seen in Rogue One were totally valid additions. However, heroes from New Hope onwards (including Lando for instance) in particular become a problem, as does some new tech like those First Order Walkers.

On the other hand, this stance makes their refusal to give us Boba Fett even more perplexing…

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#15 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am

DarthHunter wrote:There's an additional wrinkle in that the game is (fairly loosely) set in the period post-New Hope and pre- Empire Strikes Back (despite there being AT-AT wrecks and ruined Rebel defences shown on Hoth, but let's gloss over that). So all the vehicle and troop units seen in Rogue One were totally valid additions. However, heroes from New Hope onwards (including Lando for instance) in particular become a problem, as does some new tech like those First Order Walkers.

On the other hand, this stance makes their refusal to give us Boba Fett even more perplexing…

I'd love to see Lando, Obi, Emperor, Yoda; there is so much more to introduce to the game. Hopefully they are pacing themselves

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#16 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:03 pm

https://youtu.be/DglBQf3U5Xs
Here's a great video of all the Easter eggs from Force awakens. A good way to get pumped for ep 8.

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:13 pm

Anybody have tickets yet? I'm so pumped!

DeathStriker

Post#18 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:Anybody have tickets yet? I'm so pumped!

yes... Yes... YES... YES :D

Bought them when they first became available... real excited to see when it first comes out...

Have reserved seats in a fine Theater with reclining seats and they bring you food and drink.

I plan to re-watch Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens just prior to going to see Episode VIII - The Last Jedi. Anyone doing the same?

December 15, 2017 can't come soon enough...

only 8 Days to go...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#19 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:Anybody have tickets yet? I'm so pumped!

yes... Yes... YES... YES :D

Bought them when they first became available... real excited to see when it first comes out...

Have reserved seats in a fine Theater with reclining seats and they bring you food and drink.

I plan to re-watch Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens just prior to going to see Episode VIII - The Last Jedi. Anyone doing the same?

December 15, 2017 can't come soon enough...

only 8 Days to go...

Yeah! Sounds great. The local theater here recently installed reclining seats and service as well. I've been watching a lot of YouTube Easter egg videos and an interesting splice of the end of Rogue and the beginning of episode 4.

Midge
Admiral

Post#20 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 am

Can't wait to see it. Going to Disney World and will be seeing it on premiere day there! Going to be a blast!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

Return to “General Discussions”