New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rypcord
Commodore

Re: New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

Post#501 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:26 am

Yea, I'm the same way. Wanting it more for completist sake, than anything else.

Especially because this is the first week where I got this close! Literally only 3-4 hours short, mainly because the last two crates are 8HR research times! If it wasn't for that, I'd have gotten it. I might have made sure to time things a bit better earlier in the week too when it was 2HR and 4HR crate times. But alas, oh well.

wesman21
Captain

Post#502 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 am

I hear ya, I'm at level 2 on Fathier and Oppressor, but 10 frags short of unlocking the bikes. It will come in time.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#503 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 am

The secret to completing the event is getting as many of the researches done on the first day as possible. Preferably 7 to 9 of them. After that the longer research times fit better with a more relaxed playing schedule, checking in only 2-3 times a day.
Last edited by Shelendil on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#504 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 am

I agree with everything DS wrote. The big problems with this new Event System are, what I already said before:

1) The new units are poor and badly developed, and it doesn't worth to get through all chapters ONLY to unlock any one of them, but only if you are going to play like a mad for the Bonus Crates after the 23th chapter like I did for my two Rebel accounts.
2) The Research Time of 8h is too much.
3) The amount of crystals to finish any research is abusive.
4) Better if instead of all these new useless/stupid units they had put skins for Jets/Naval/GR in the Events System.
5) If they just reduce from 8h to 4h the Research time, it wasn't need to put more 22h to the Events.

But Disney wants to raise the greed of players for the Bonus Crates, and this is a way to force players to rush the 8h research with crystals to get more time to get more Bonus Crates after complete the objectives... Good point to the Devs.

But it's okay, I'm not complaining about the new system anymore. Rebel players are attacking more. I had my Imperial base attacked 19 times (!!!) while I was sleeping on ErKit, and I won 18 defenses in a row, until lose for the 19th attacker. Can you think how many medals I won in just one night?

I didn't play so much with my Imperial account. I only unlocked the new units, and upgraded some Elites that weren't maxed out yet as Kubaz, Tie Advanced, Tognath and MTV. After I get Kubaz to level 5, I abandoned the Events because the other units are useless at any level.

By the other side, i played a lot with my 2 Rebel accounts. I unlocked Tognath and put Kessen to level 8, and upgraded the rest of my Elites about 3-4 levels for my primary base, what was my goal. And I unlocked and got all these Elite units at a good level for my 2nd (sandbagging) Rebel base what was a big deal.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

SCHose
Captain

Post#505 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 am

DeathStriker wrote:8 Hour Research Times: Having to spend 24 hours to complete Objectives 20, 21, and 22 before you get to do Objective 23 is a bit much. This needs to be dialed back to 4 Hours (or Less).

I enjoyed doing this event. I don't even mind the 8 hour research times; it's a welcomed break from playing the game. However, back-to-back-to-back 8 hour research times is sinister. Because of this forum, I was well informed and could plan ahead. But so many people I know got bit by this. The research hours are so backloaded that the half-way point of the event is really after completing objective 17. About 64 research hours to complete this event....objectives 18-22 are 4+4+8+8+8 = 32 research hours. It's a very good formula for turning people off from the event.
SC Hose - Officer, PartyLikePorkins (a Top 100 Rebel Squad)
Jr Hose - Officer, Creeper624 (a casual but active Level 48 Rebel Squad)
These are the squads you are looking for.

DeathStriker

Post#506 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:55 am

mkenobi wrote:I agree with everything DS wrote.

mkenobi - Thanks :D

mkenobi wrote:1) ... it doesn't worth to get through all chapters ONLY to unlock any one of them, but only if you are going to play like a mad for the Bonus Crates after the 23th chapter like I did for my two Rebel accounts.

3) The amount of crystals to finish any research is abusive.

Yep - I only did the "EP Grind" for the Elite Event Crates. Didn't get any Elite Crates in Week #1 and barely got some in Week #2 but Weeks #3 to #6 it was EP Grind and Clock Watching...

+1 to the Excessive / Abusive Crystal Costs to complete Objectives that were often 3 to 6 times the Crystals needed for a specific "Time".

I only used it Twice... Once I took a big "Crystal Hit" for a 4 Hour Objective to "get back on track" and today I used it for 5 minutes remaining to squeeze in that one last Elite Event Crate before it got to less than 2 hours remaining.

mkenobi wrote:But it's okay, I'm not complaining about the new system anymore. Rebel players are attacking more. I had my Imperial base attacked 19 times (!!!) while I was sleeping on ErKit, and I won 18 defenses in a row, until lose for the 19th attacker. Can you think how many medals I won in just one night?

For Week #6 - Chapter Objective #4 (Objective #23) - "Deploy 4 Hero's" - I did 4 Attacks deploying just 1 Hero each and exiting battle handing over some Medals and losing some Conflict Medals (which didn't matter anyway).

I also crystalized one Hero prior to immediate deployment to avoid the 10 Minute cook time.

AND SO... the Developers / Game got some Crystals from me and some Players got some Medals and I got some much need Unlocks / Upgrades for Ithorian Infilitrators and Tognath Marksman on my HQ 10 Account.

My other 2 Accounts also did well...

MY FINAL ELITE EVENT CRATE

HQ 10 Account - Final Elite Event Crate - Rebel Faction - 1-11-2018
(Click here to view LARGER image)

Normally "random" it is just by coincidence that my FINAL ELITE EVENT CRATE was all Fathier Rider giving me 1/3 of the needed Data Frags for a Level 6 Upgrade.

NOTICE: Last Jedi Unit Game Samples still available for rest of day in Daily Crates.

And now on the Naval Assault Event #2...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#507 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:09 am

UPDATE: SWC Event System EP Loss Issue Has Been Fixed

More "validation" is needed but it appears that the Loss of EP gained via completing Tier-2 / Squad Related Daily Planetary Objectives has been fixed.

Today, as normal, I donated enough Unit Capacity to complete the Tier-2 / Squad Related Daily Planetary Objective and was rewarded 50 EP.

As usual, in order to mitigate a 6503 Error at Research Start (as I reported here) I rebooted game fully expecting as normal to LOSE the 50 EP...

I rebooted Game and the 50 EP was NOT LOST! :D

I was able to complete the necessary EP for the Elite Crate Chase for Week #2 of the Explosive Finish Event and start Research on my next Elite Crate with no issue!

Keeping Everyone Informed....

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#508 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:28 am

I've had it go both ways during this event; I've kept the ep probably more than I've lost it, but I definitely lost it once. I wonder if It's planet specific.

DeathStriker

Post#509 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 pm

NOTICE: EP From Conflict League Progression Now Rewarded

OK... Yes this most likely has been done since the beginning but I never noticed it until today - that is - when you are working on getting EP and you look a the Event UI you now see the "reward" for reaching a Conflict League as described here.

Today, on my HQ 7 account, I completed a 3-Star Attack and got into the Durasteel II League (first Attack since Conflict Started) and I actually saw me get awarded 20 EP + 30 EP + 50 EP + 150 EP (for 3-Star Attack) = 250 EP which was more than the 240 EP needed to start Research on the next Elite Event Crate. So 1 PvP Attack (3-Star) to Start Research unlike at least 2 like before (for my HQ 7 Account).

In the past I never saw the actual awards (if they were ever really awarded). I have reached UCL and never noted the 550 EP Award before, but now maybe I will.

ALL IN ALL... this may be a recent "fix" or "change" and either way you cut it - it is still good news for those grinding for Elite Event Crates in the Explosive Finish Week #2 Overtime that lasts until Sunday.

UPDATE:

DOUBLE CONFIRMATION OF CHANGE... Noted also now on my HQ 10 Account... where before it took three 3-Star PvP Attacks getting 150 EP each to reach the 450 EP needed for the HQ 10 Elite Event Crate on my last Elite Crate (just completed) it took only 2 Attacks... and I saw the Conflict League EP being rewarded in the Event UI...

Adding to this Topic...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#510 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:35 pm

I remember getting awarded some EP for moving up conflict tiers in the first EP event but it was very inconsistent. I remember posting about this. Today my secondary account got awarded EP for moving up to durasteel tier, this is the first time in ages I have seen this.
I also had the same experience with the 6503 error. This morning when it happened I still had all the EP after the reboot so didnt have to attack again to make up for any lost EP.
I just can't believe it has taken the Devs so long to fix this, I mean they only had 6 weeks of the first EP event, plus 3 weeks during the Naval event, plus 2 weeks so far of this EP event, and even then they still havent fixed the 6503 itself. If these guys worked in my team I'd have probably sacked them all by now.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 9)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab

Return to “General Discussions”