New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Jaykoz3
Commodore

Re: New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

Post#491 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 pm

I wouldn't mind another Rogue One event either. It'd be nice to be able to get some frags for the Tie Striker, Tog Marksman, and the TX tank. Any event where we can get Kubaz frags would be nice too!

Naval Assault event sounds good as well. Would like to upgrade the Naval Officer to the next level.

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#492 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Jaykoz3 wrote:I wouldn't mind another Rogue One event either. It'd be nice to be able to get some frags for the Tie Striker, Tog Marksman, and the TX tank. Any event where we can get Kubaz frags would be nice too!

Naval Assault event sounds good as well. Would like to upgrade the Naval Officer to the next level.

I got my Kubaz from level 4 to level 10 during this event through all the bonus crates
Main Account: Bacon (level 10). LINE ID: sgu97cab
Second account: nEggs (level 8)
Squad - NewSithEmpire

DeathStriker

Post#493 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 am

ANNOUNCEMENT: SWC Event #1 - Star Wars Last Jedi Holiday Event - Ends Today

AND SO... With the Holiday Event ending in less then two hours here are my thoughts so far...

What I Like:

• I like the SWC Event System as a "system". Could it use improvement - sure - but overall I think this will be good for the game.

• I like the Elite Event Crates. The "rewards" and "research time" for these seems to be about right.

• I like the "extended" 22 hours for Events.
What I Don't Like:

• 8 Hour Research Times: Having to spend 24 hours to complete Objectives 20, 21, and 22 before you get to do Objective 23 is a bit much. This needs to be dialed back to 4 Hours (or Less).

• EP Requirements that make getting EP from HD Events not really count: As HQ 10 I often needed 450 EP to start next Research which equaled three 3-Star PvP Attacks. If I got a 3-Star HD Event I got 110 EP leaving me 340 EP to get. When you divide 340 EP by 150 EP per each 3-Star PvP Attack you end up with 2.27 Attacks so in effect 3 MORE 3-Star PvP Attacks and so why bother doing HD Event (other than for the Rewards).

• Resource Loot Chapter Objectives: As was addressed by Developers - Resource Loot Chapter Objectives are problematic. These should be eliminated entirely from any future SWC Event.

• Excessive Jump from HQ 9 Chapter Objective Requirements to HQ 10 Chapter Objective Requirements: If you look here and view the Chapter Objective Requirements you will often see that HQ 10 had to do 2 TIMES (or more) of the required Task than HQ 9. Prime example is found in Week #1 - Chapter Objective #4 (Objective 23) - "Destroy Turrets". HQ9 had to destroy 93 turrets while HQ10 had to destroy 204 turrets (2.20 times more Turrets).

• Units Not Worth Grinding For: As I stated above I like the Elite Crates, but if it wasn't for those I would of not even bothered with this first SWC Event using the new system. In the future one hopes that the Chapter #23 Unit you Unlock / Upgrade is worth the "grind".
And now we wait for the next SWC Event to happen at some point.

Post your own comments both pro and con below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

wesman21
Captain

Post#494 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 am

DeathStriker wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT: SWC Event #1 - Star Wars Last Jedi Holiday Event - Ends Today

AND SO... With the Holiday Event ending in less then two hours here are my thoughts so far...

What I Like:

• I like the SWC Event System as a "system". Could it use improvement - sure - but overall I think this will be good for the game.
What I Don't Like:

• 8 Hour Research Times: Having to spend 24 hours to complete Objectives 20, 21, and 22 before you get to do Objective 23 is a bit much. This needs to be dialed back to 4 Hours (or Less).

• Excessive Jump from HQ 9 Chapter Objective Requirements to HQ 10 Chapter Objective Requirements: If you look here and view the Chapter Objective Requirements you will often see that HQ 10 had to do 2 TIMES (or more) of the required Task than HQ 9. Prime example is found in Week #1 - Chapter Objective #4 (Objective 23) - "Destroy Turrets". HQ9 had to destroy 93 turrets while HQ10 had to destroy 204 turrets (2.20 times more Turrets).

• Units Not Worth Grinding For: As I stated above I like the Elite Crates, but if it wasn't for those I would of not even bothered with this first SWC Event using the new system. In the future one hopes that the Chapter #23 Unit you Unlock / Upgrade is worth the "grind".
Post your own comments both pro and con below...

On those points:

1. Yes, definitely good for the game!

2. I'm fine with an 8 hour research period, but not back to back. If anything it made me play less towards the end. I would try to research the 8 hours right before falling asleep.

3. I went from 9 to 10 literally days before the event started, what a way to welcome someone to the world of a level 10 player.

4. Why they aren't implementing this system with the naval units is something I don't understand, I was pumped when I thought I could unlock/upgrade these units via this system.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Corrected Quote for Clarity

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#495 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 am

I'm sitting right now at 22, the event ends in 2HR but my research won't end til 4PM.

Is it worth using crystals to speed it up and finish it? Or will there still be a final requirement for #23, so I won't have time anyway?

DeathStriker

Post#496 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 am

Rypcord wrote:I'm sitting right now at 22, the event ends in 2HR but my research won't end til 4PM.

Is it worth using crystals to speed it up and finish it? Or will there still be a final requirement for #23, so I won't have time anyway?

Rypcord - If you look here and view the Week #6 - Chapter 4 Objective (Objective #23) Requirements you will get your answer.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Swad
Major General

Post#497 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 am

Is it worth using crystals? Rypcord, it depends whether you really want those horse frags. If you do, then use crystals. Good luck
Active Imperial war squads : Spawn and Spawn~Rising.

(Spawn for level 8 or above) join us for back to back wars

(Spawn~Rising for any level) join us

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#498 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 am

Ugh, so if I finished it right now (which would cost 320 crystals, which is nuts!!), I'd still have to as a lvl HQ9, destroy 138 buildings...... ugh. So thats a no go.

Rypcord
Commodore

Post#499 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:09 am

I'm at 21/32 frags for the Fathier right now. Speeding up the lvl 22 crate to finish in time (at 300~ crystals) will give me 1 more frag to bring it to 22/32. Then I'll have to destroy 138 buildings in ~1 hour for the 32 frags, which guarantees it unlocks.

Is the Fathier at level 1 really worth it though (Empire)? Is it worth being able to build them? I have about 80 some samples I could always pull out of inventory if I ever would want to use them, and they'd be at a higher level to boot.

wesman21
Captain

Post#500 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 am

Rypcord wrote:I'm at 21/32 frags for the Fathier right now. Speeding up the lvl 22 crate to finish in time (at 300~ crystals) will give me 1 more frag to bring it to 22/32. Then I'll have to destroy 138 buildings in ~1 hour for the 32 frags, which guarantees it unlocks.

Is the Fathier at level 1 really worth it though (Empire)? Is it worth being able to build them? I have about 80 some samples I could always pull out of inventory if I ever would want to use them, and they'd be at a higher level to boot.

IMO, all three of the new units are pretty unusable, especially at the lower levels. That being said, I'm a complete freak, so I tried to unlock them (did for fathier and opressor, but missed on speeder).

I'd save your crystals.

Return to “General Discussions”