New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
KrakenKodes
Commodore

Re: New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

Post#261 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 am

Same error message happened to me. 3 hours left and only need 2 hours research time and it crashes every time and it fails to log the last objective completed so you have to start over on that. Way to go devs.......

DeathStriker

Post#262 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:55 am

strawman3125 wrote:What determines how many EP you need per bonus crate, other than HQ level? I looked at the spreadsheet and it says something about Low EP vs High EP...?

strawman3125 - There is "data" in the game which suggests a possible A/B Test where A-Group gets the "Normal / Low EP" respective for their HQ Level and a B-Group gets the "Test / High EP" respective for their HQ Level.

By comparing a particular Objective for your HQ Level you can determine which "group" you are in.

By looking at my Screenshot I determined in am in the "Normal / Low EP" Group.

I suspect most are the same.

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Major General

Post#263 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 am

I got the research error 2-3 times. It happened after getting points for a carbonite crate. After the error, I would lose those points and not have enough to get the research going. Not sure why the system didn't like the low end crate. I guess if you 'earn' a crate for something like dropping tie bombers because you deployed rodians, it might give an error for getting that crate and those ep's, but I *don't* think that was the case when I had the error message.

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#264 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 am

DeathStriker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:What determines how many EP you need per bonus crate, other than HQ level? I looked at the spreadsheet and it says something about Low EP vs High EP...?

strawman3125 - There is "data" in the game which suggests a possible A/B Test where A-Group gets the "Normal / Low EP" respective for their HQ Level and a B-Group gets the "Test / High EP" respective for their HQ Level.

By comparing a particular Objective for your HQ Level you can determine which "group" you are in.

By looking at my Screenshot I determined in am in the "Normal / Low EP" Group.

I suspect most are the same.

Ah! My HQ 10 needs 300 (2 3star wins) and my 2 HQ8s need 350 (3 wins). The 300 makes things a lot easier vs 350!
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#265 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 am

I think they should reduce the time sink to get to the "guaranteed unlock," so that more players can unlock new units. Then to keep the number of frags gained by the most hardcore about the same, the repeatable crate at the end would need a longer research time.

For example, reduce the up-front research time from 65 to 40 hours, and compensate by increasing the repeatable research time to 3 hours.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DeathStriker

Post#266 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 pm

DeathStriker wrote:At the time I took the screenshot above there was 6h 34m left in the current "event" but I started 8 hours of Research - AND SO - the question arises...

What happens if you are doing Research and the Event Ends??

Soon we will know...

ANSWER - Can't click on Event UI due to Heroic Defense Event Banner blocking it. AFTER REBOOT the Event UI is gone!

You lost chance at final Event Research Crate

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarthHunter
Captain

Post#267 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:01 pm

DeathStriker wrote:What happens if you are doing Research and the Event Ends??

ANSWER - Can't click on Event UI due to Heroic Defense Event Banner blocking it. AFTER REBOOT the Event UI is gone!

You lost chance at final Event Research Crate

Yep, can confirm this also applies to the Bonus Crates - I tried it out and at the end of the event the research clock simply vanished. On the other hand, I could have used Crystals at the last moment - it would have been a better deal than the usual 'sale' offers. Maybe next time...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sgu97cab
Captain

Post#268 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Good thing I set my alarm clock 10mins before the end of the event to get the last crate!
Leader - AUS-Darth_Gump (W107 D1 L8)
...Always looking for new Empire level 7+ players who chat, donate regularly, take part in wars. Preferably Australian time zones.

Burrito
Commodore

Post#269 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:11 pm

sgu97cab wrote:Good thing I set my alarm clock 10mins before the end of the event to get the last crate!

Um, yeah I didn't I assumed I had time to claim it like a war.

Ktulu
Commander

Post#270 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Very well said DS about casual player. Definately grinder and wallet driven
I dont pay to play, I steal it from others

Come play in the LandofDecay

LeaderHq lvl 8

Return to “General Discussions”