New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthHunter
Captain

Re: New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

Post#251 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:51 am

Shelendil wrote:If one doesn't mind losing medals attacking to acheive a goal for a crate, losing medals defending to help acheive a goal for a crate should be little different.

True, but if your base isn't really having much success defending, you might not enjoy losing a lovely load of Contra into the bargain as well...

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#252 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:45 am

The scenario in DS's post above (max 7, no room in vault and no easy way to get rid of resources to make room for loot objective) should be treated as a defect and should be fixed by Disney.

DS, I suggest that you file a ticket against Disney to fix this.

Some ideas:

- One fix would be to count the total looted amount from battle toward crate/event objective and NOT the credited amount after the battle. (There might be some complication in coding this, as only the actually credited amount might have been saved in the battle result, so no error checking could have been done.)

- Treat the vault FULL condition as an acceptable objective completion condition.

- Automatically replace the resource loot object with a different one (like deploying 100 troops, or something like that).

DarthHunter
Captain

Post#253 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 am

DarkRebel wrote:The scenario in DS's post above (max 7, no room in vault and no easy way to get rid of resources to make room for loot objective) should be treated as a defect and should be fixed by Disney.

DS, I suggest that you file a ticket against Disney to fix this.

Some ideas:

- One fix would be to count the total looted amount from battle toward crate/event objective and NOT the credited amount after the battle. (There might be some complication in coding this, as only the actually credited amount might have been saved in the battle result, so no error checking could have been done.)

- Treat the vault FULL condition as an acceptable objective completion condition.

- Automatically replace the resource loot object with a different one (like deploying 100 troops, or something like that).

Absolutely. Regarding the error checking with the credits, a possible stop gap could be if you 100% a base, then all the credits that were available are automatically counted towards the objective total…? Wouldn't be ideal, but I'd imagine that wouldn't be as difficult to code and it would at least give you some sort of viable option…?

erfs
Commander

Post#254 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 am

DeathStriker wrote:FINAL CRATE INFO:

BMP wrote:Somebody achieve the event Objective and get this Bonus crate that we can open unlimited times? What's prize in this crate?

BMP - According to those whom know - - the Final **Repeatable Every 2 Hour** Crates contain:

• Rebel Faction: Ithorian Infiltrator, Tognath Marksman, V-4X-D Ski Speeder, and Classic Event Unit (like Johhar Kessen) Frags.

• Empire Faction: Kubaz Invader, Tognath Marksman, 614-AvA Speeder Bike, and Classic Event Unit (like Johhar Kessen) Frags.

So far I have just had the Speeder bike, Kessen and the Rebel vanguard in the two Elite event crates I have opened. Sure would love to get the Kubaz Invader but I'm not complaining.

What I can say is there there are three rewards in the crates, about 4 frags each.

DeathStriker

Post#255 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:21 am

erfs wrote:So far I have just had the Speeder bike, Kessen and the Rebel vanguard in the two Elite event crates I have opened. Sure would love to get the Kubaz Invader but I'm not complaining.

What I can say is there there are three rewards in the crates, about 4 frags each.

Here is an example of a Level 10 Reward (not mine):

New Event System - Elite Crate - Week 1 - Rebel Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image)

Enjoy! :D

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#256 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:41 am

ANNOUNCEMENT: Star Wars Event - Week 1 - "A Old Friend" - Ends Today

And so Week 1 of the 6 Week "Star Wars Last Jedi Event" ends today.

MY HIGHEST / FINAL OBJECTIVE REACHED - Errors and a "Research Test"

Research Start Error

Final Objective Research Test

At the time I took the screenshot above the was 6h 34m left in the current "event" but I started 8 hours of Research - AND SO - the question arises...

What happens if you are doing Research and the Event Ends??

Soon we will know...

THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN ANY EVENT SYSTEM EVENT!

Although I "participated" quite actively I still was unable to get to the end of the event and even "try" for any of the Bonus Crates.

Looking ahead, using the EP Information shown here, at the next 6 day event (starting tomorrow) and beyond, and what will be required for a HQ 10 (let alone a lower Level HQ), combined with my growing non-interest in any of the New Units being offered, I have decided to not grind for any Event Bonus Crates or even try to unlock any of the New Units.

As a "System" the New Event System is 75% "OK" and 25% "idiotic". Despite the "advertised" focus on "casual Players", this New Event System is only for Hardcore Players / Grinders and/or Wallet Warriors.

No "casual Player" will ever Unlock any of the New Units, and even if they did, the New Units are garbage and will not be used much in normal PvP Attacks and/or Squad Wars.

I am done chasing Crates and the "promise" by Disney that any New Units will be better than what is already in-game.

And now back to the "normal" Game and Squad Wars where I find the most "fun" that is left in this Game....

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#257 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:49 am

What determines how many EP you need per bonus crate, other than HQ level? I looked at the spreadsheet and it says something about Low EP vs High EP...?
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer

Harshit
Captain

Post#258 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:09 am

DeathStriker wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT: Star Wars Event - Week 1 - "A Old Friend" - Ends Today

And so Week 1 of the 6 Week "Star Wars Last Jedi Event" ends today.

MY HIGHEST / FINAL OBJECTIVE REACHED - Errors and a "Research Test"

Research Start Error

THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN ANY EVENT SYSTEM EVENT!

Although I "participated" quite actively I still was unable to get to the end of the event and even "try" for any of the Bonus Crates.

Looking ahead, using the EP Information shown here, at the next 6 day event (starting tomorrow) and beyond, and what will be required for a HQ 10 (let alone a lower Level HQ), combined with my growing non-interest in any of the New Units being offered, I have decided to not grind for any Event Bonus Crates or even try to unlock any of the New Units.

As a "System" the New Event System is 75% "OK" and 25% "idiotic". Despite the "advertised" focus on "casual Players", this New Event System is only for Hardcore Players / Grinders and/or Wallet Warriors.

No "casual Player" will ever Unlock any of the New Units, and even if they did, the New Units are garbage and will not be used much in normal PvP Attacks and/or Squad Wars.

I am done chasing Crates and the "promise" by Disney that any New Units will be better than what is already in-game.

And now back to the "normal" Game and Squad Wars where I find the most "fun" that is left in this Game....

+ 10000000 !!
I got an similar research error for 1 obj before 3rd chapter objective. I am relieved to find someone who thinks exactly same like me about this system.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR

Burrito
Commodore

Post#259 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:16 am

If you look at the data dumps the true stats are much better for the new bikes than the old ones.

erfs
Commander

Post#260 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:42 am

For once I did not get any errors, so I am happy about this.
Not really sure about the bike, but am very happy about the other units' frags in the bonus crates.
Of course, for now it seems like none will complete but there's always the next round :)

Return to “General Discussions”