New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Re: New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

Post#231 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:56 am

Thxskullsrock wrote:If you want the new unit you have no choice but play along with this nonsense.

True story. Which means you just have to decide if the new unit is worth it. Right now, for most of us, it probably is not worth it.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#232 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 am

I am almost done the event and heading into those bonus crates! Only 200 turrets left to destroy...

I am liking the new event system!

What's not to like? It's almost the same as the old system, only there are a lot more frags!

Casual players will still be able easily to unlock the new equipment/units, maxed out level 10 players will still be able to get the new equipment/units to level 10 and players in between players, myself included, can pick up a lot more frags, for the new equipment and old equipment! Those bonus crates with 12-15 frags every 2 hours are looking awesome! After 6 weeks of these events with 2-3 days of bonus crates per week I should be well on my way to maxing out the old equipment. As a player in between I figure I should be able to get the new equipment up to level 3-5 like I was before and in addition to that I will quickly pick up levels in the old gear that I have not maxed out yet! Here's to getting Kessen from level 4 to level 10 in the next 6 weeks!
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#233 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 am

Thxskullsrock wrote:
PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:It's a question of how you look at it.

If you see the EP stuff as a neat little bonus (especially the units and loot) to your normal play, it's cool.

As several have pointed out, if you want to complete the entire event, it's going to take some planning (or $$$). That planning may not necessarily be worth the pay-off, but that's something each of us would need to decide for him- or herself.

Sweet little bonus? Good. Real achievable goal? No, especially in comparison to its (current) worth.

If you want the new unit you have no choice but play along with this nonsense.

That was allways been like that for all addicted to "must have all units" ,no problem with that,if you really whant that toy.
Actualy is easyer now,go trough all steps and you'll get the unit,even better at the end you get more frags so you can upgrade the unit to higher level,thing impossible before trough conflict reward since usualy thwy give 32 frags after 4/6 days of griding or 20 frags for armory skins.
So now a player need to do less griding and have the possibility to upgrade the unit more then one level without needing to stay in game for hours and keep eyes on % so you don't get kicked out on UC.
Most important thing is all players have same chances,at any level and faction,is known that attacking was harder for rebs due to dev bases,that making very hard to get in UC,this is a way for all to get and upgrade the units if they want yo.
+10000 to new sistem

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#234 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 am

rawrebel wrote:
Thxskullsrock wrote:
PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:It's a question of how you look at it.

If you see the EP stuff as a neat little bonus (especially the units and loot) to your normal play, it's cool.

As several have pointed out, if you want to complete the entire event, it's going to take some planning (or $$$). That planning may not necessarily be worth the pay-off, but that's something each of us would need to decide for him- or herself.

Sweet little bonus? Good. Real achievable goal? No, especially in comparison to its (current) worth.

If you want the new unit you have no choice but play along with this nonsense.

That was allways been like that for all addicted to "must have all units" ,no problem with that,if you really whant that toy.
Actualy is easyer now,go trough all steps and you'll get the unit,even better at the end you get more frags so you can upgrade the unit to higher level,thing impossible before trough conflict reward since usualy thwy give 32 frags after 4/6 days of griding or 20 frags for armory skins.
So now a player need to do less griding and have the possibility to upgrade the unit more then one level without needing to stay in game for hours and keep eyes on % so you don't get kicked out on UC.
Most important thing is all players have same chances,at any level and faction,is known that attacking was harder for rebs due to dev bases,that making very hard to get in UC,this is a way for all to get and upgrade the units if they want yo.
+10000 to new sistem

Well said.
The new system is a net add to the game. It didn't take away anything. You can still play PVP, daily planet crates, HDs, squad war, or conflicts. You can choose to play the events if you want. You can choose to pace yourself at whatever pace you want, as no one put a gun in your head and say you MUST complete all the chapters, even though the game does reward more for the most dedicated players (as it should).
Only thing I would want to see improve is the payout rate. 1 frag per event is way too stingy.
Should be 1 frag for <1 hour event, 2 frags for 4 hour event, and 3 frags per 8 hour event, and so on ...

DeathStriker

Post#235 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 am

Resource Chapter Objectives Are Most Difficult

OK... I found something else, other then Research Times and Crystal Costs, to NOT LIKE about the New SWC Events System.

I found out, just like Daily Planetary Objectives, that Resource Chapter Objectives are the HARDEST (under certain conditions).

Just as was shown in the EP Information found here, my Max HQ 7 Account, with only 1,000,000 Credit Storage had the 3rd Chapter Objective of "Loot 354,000 Credits".

Now this normally wouldn't be bad except for one thing, my Base is maxed out at Level 7 and my Credit Storage was near Maxed out at 1,000,000 Credits.

Just like Daily Planetary Objectives that require you to "Loot X Amount of Resource" you only get credit for what your Resource Storage current Free Space is, regardless of what amount you loot.

FOR EXAMPLE...

In my Case, if - say I had only 10,000 Credits free space (990,000 Credit Balance) - then even - IF - I found a Base with 1 Trillion Credits, 3-Star that Base, and fully Loot the 1 Trillion Credits, I would - AND THIS IS IMPORTANT - only get 10,000 Credits to be applied toward the 354,000 Credits needed for the 3rd Chapter Objective.

REAL GAME EXPERIENCE... I did 2 attacks and verified the "Example" above and was able to only get the cost of my Loadout (approximately 45,000 Credits with pre-queued Units) + any additional Credit Loot that filled my Credit Vaults to the max.

In my first 2 attacks I got approximately 46,500 on first attack, and only approximately 45,000 on second attack with buried Credit Vaults.

Seeing that it would take - FOREVER - and needing more "space" in my Credit Vault - I had to find a way to get rid of Credits other then cooking Units combined with pre-queue back up units.

Fortunately my Level 31 Squad had some good Perks unlocked and not caring about what they did I activated the highest Credit costing Perks I could and dropped about 240,000 Credits.

On my third attack I was able to find a good base to Loot and not caring about Medals or even a 1-Star Win, I attacked the exposed Credit Vaults and was able to get away with about 245,500 Credits which was applied toward 3rd Chapter Objective.

On my 4th Attack I found a Base - just perfect - where all the Resources Collectors and Storage were all lined up and free of any Defenses... I took it all, about 165,000 Credits, of which I only got about 60,800, of which I only needed about 43,800 to complete 3rd Chapter Objective.

I GOT MY REWARD: 20x Desert Soldier Data Fragments which gave me 99 out of 100 needed for a Level 7 Upgrade. (sniff) Just needed only 1 more! :cry:

LESSON LEARNED: Either be in a Squad with good Perks Unlocked or keep 1 Credit Market and 1 Alloy Factory at HQ Level minus 1 (in my case if I had these at Level 6 I could of used them to dump Credits or Alloy as needed by starting Upgrade and then Canceling it).

Now on to Event Objective #16 and more "fun" :roll:

Posting for Reference and Players Edification...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

pandoy
Officer

Post#236 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 am

Hi,

Anyone reaching 22nd and 23rd crates and how long to research them? Im on my 20th crate, it requires 8hours to complete the research. From the rate of last few crates, im afraid the 22 and 23 are both 16 hours to complete:

18th crate - 4 hours research time
19th crate - 4 hours research time
20th crate - 8 hours research time
21st crate - 8 hours research time (seen this from one of squad mate)
22nd crate - 16 hours research time ???
23rd crate - 16 hours research time ???

2 days and 3 hours left, i may not be able to complete it if last 2 were 16 hours research time.

-Pandoy

DeathStriker

Post#237 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:12 am

pandoy wrote:Hi, Anyone reaching 22nd and 23rd crates and how long to research them?

pandoy - View the EP Information found here, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Data Miners" :D

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

pandoy
Officer

Post#238 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 am

Oh nice DS, this should be doable for me. Thanks.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#239 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:58 am

I don’t care about the new unit, it is the Bonus Crates that I want, I can hopefully upgrade my Ithorians and Tognaths.
That and it is a change of pace, something new/different. Like every aspect of the game, whether you wish to participate is purely voluntary.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#240 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:17 am

DeathStriker wrote:Resource Chapter Objectives Are Most Difficult

OK... I found something else, other then Research Times and Crystal Costs, to NOT LIKE about the New SWC Events System.

I found out, just like Daily Planetary Objectives, that Resource Chapter Objectives are the HARDEST (under certain conditions).

Just as was shown in the EP Information found here, my Max HQ 7 Account, with only 1,000,000 Credit Storage had the 3rd Chapter Objective of "Loot 354,000 Credits".

Now this normally wouldn't be bad except for one thing, my Base is maxed out at Level 7 and my Credit Storage was near Maxed out at 1,000,000 Credits.

Just like Daily Planetary Objectives that require you to "Loot X Amount of Resource" you only get credit for what your Resource Storage current Free Space is, regardless of what amount you loot.

I ran into the same problem with my lvl 8 Rebel account which has not been attacked since the event started. I did the same thing for the credits but for the contraband I had to crystal my current research to complete it and start researching a merc to use contraband just so that I could complete the objective.

(With my Imperial accounts this of course was not a problem as, I just need to log off for 10 minutes, get raided and then, magically, I have space!)

I have always been annoyed by the looting daily objectives because of this. I really don't see why when I raid say 100,000 alloy from an enemy base, it only counts what I can put into my storage as looted, say only 10,000. I mean I looted 100,000 from the base, who cares how much I was actually able to store. I hope they fix this, otherwise some objectives are challenging to get!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity.
Level X Imperial: Strawman @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Imperial: oemskin @ Sith.Lords
Level 8 Rebel: Zebellion @ Sundancer

Return to “General Discussions”