New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
FinrodFelagund
Major General

Re: New SWC Events System - Discussion Thread

Post#21 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:58 pm

I look forward to this, as an old timer I remember the days of being able to choose what I upgraded. If this is similar to the old Event Points system it will be very positive.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Harshit
Commodore

Post#22 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Will be an interesting update if the rewards are awesome and not only buffs like shores etc. They should add the skins of Naval event because people still have them locked.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#23 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:28 pm

I thought the post said it was a new unit. It's not a skin, so it won't affect the GR.

TNT
Major General

Post#24 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:27 am

This looks very promising. I can't believe I'm getting excited!

My guess is that if the imperials get a new bike and there is no new opposite rebel unit in the data yet, then rebels rebels will get a stolen bike. :)
Join the OuterRimRioters.
Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
No Line or Discord required. (though the latter is available if you want to)

Also available in a trial version.

DeathStriker

Post#25 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:46 am

Spock wrote:This info has been released very VERY early.There is still much we don’t understand about it. So it will be hard to answer questions until we have more info. Sorry.

Spock wrote:DS was just trying to share some (premature) news about a positive change possibly upcoming in the game.
A change many players have wanted for years.

Spock is correct - I did post is very early - nearly 3 to 4 weeks ahead of possible release.

Data Miners have been seeing snippits of this change for weeks but the most recent Hotfix seemed to add more information and being that is is a MAJOR NEW FEATURE I thought some advance notice for all the players out there would be a welcome change from the GR Hate Topics / Posts.

STILL: The information is incomplete and is subject to change and as such I updated the Main Topic Post found here.

RMick3 wrote:I’m curious to see how this new Events System shakes out. Anything that lessen the frag fatigue should be a most welcome addition. Thanks to all involved for the heads up!

DCReborn wrote:Very interesting news... this could be very good if it’s implemented correctly. Love the idea of not having all the PartyLikeMacros tools driving up the minimum Conflict gears required. A set tier amount would be awesome!

FinrodFelagund wrote:I look forward to this, as an old timer I remember the days of being able to choose what I upgraded. If this is similar to the old Event Points system it will be very positive.

TNT wrote:This looks very promising. I can't believe I'm getting excited!

My guess is that if the imperials get a new bike and there is no new opposite rebel unit in the data yet, then rebels rebels will get a stolen bike. :)

ALL OF THE ABOVE are prime examples of why I started this Topic.

While one Empire Units is mentioned currently in the Data, by the time this is released I am sure there will be a Rebel Unit also as well as other "surprises".

We will post more when we know more... until then let the discussion continue...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#26 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:54 am

I think it's totally fair and balanced if us imps would get another powerful unit like an improved bike while rebels get nothing!
Well, maybe to balance things out you guys should receive double the amount of Tognath samples...

;)

joking aside... this looks like a great improvement of the game, at least on paper. A return of a sort of PvE Storyline Event combined with an Event Storeish (probably grammatically very incorrect) feature and ole PvP being rewarding for a change as well!
This might be the breakthrough we secretly all hoped for, during the last two years, ever since CookGate!

Hang in there dudes, and may the empire get cooler stuff than the rebel rabble :lol:
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

strawman3125
Commodore

Post#27 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:42 am

I love the sound of this new event system!!! It has so much potential! Some thought on the scraps of intel that we have so far:
1. Love the sound of the new EP sources and objectives and ways to collect frags! I can't wait to see how these play out! Some of them sound new and hopefully you can have some fun collecting rather than simply having to grind all day!
2. The changes to conflict tiers sound interesting. I wonder if they will set a point limit to each tier and once you get those points you get that tier. That way each player can decide how much time they are willing to spend to get frags and then stop rather than having to keep checking to see if they are still in their percentile tier until the end.
3. I do not like the sound of: "by earning EP then spending EP on Research then claiming the Supply Crate reward" - this sounds like you need to spend extra time Researching EP before you get the crate with the frags and then you still need to Research the frags to increase the level of the equipment.

I hope these changes make this game a little more accessible to players that cannot spend 8 hour days grinding conflicts to get frags to unlock new equipment!

New Empire Speeder:
1. Cool! As an Imperial player I have always been frustrated by the fact that Rebels are infantry and Imperials are vehicles and yet there are equipment for 4 units from the barracks, ie. Rebel Infantry domain, and only one from the factory, ie Imperial vehicle domain. It will be good to see some more factory/vehicle skins. Maybe vehicles might actually become useable!!!
2. It sounds like it might be a damage increase with a hip point decrease.
3. Speeders already kill really fast, especially at high levels. The reason nobody uses them is because on attack the GR draws them into the Rocket Turrets where they die fast and on defence in the SC, a single air strike takes them out. (It would be cool if they got a speed boost and could dodge air strikes!) Otherwise Jumpers still seem better. I do not see SC troops on every base I attack so I can easily cook one new Tie Striker to use in every other attack to take out speeders coming from SCs.

It says "new content each week" so in the first week it may only be an Imperial speeder, the second week might just be a rebel prize, but who knows. It should be fun to see what they bring out each week!

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:12 am

Spock,

Uh ... quit being so ... uh ... logical.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#29 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:20 am

FinrodFelagund wrote:I look forward to this, as an old timer I remember the days of being able to choose what I upgraded. If this is similar to the old Event Points system it will be very positive.

Totally agree. Just the thing we need right now to improve the game. (Hopefully)
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Euph
Admiral

Post#30 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:03 pm

This sounds promising. It could potentially address a lot of long-standing issues with the conflict system. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the conflict tiers that you gain and then don't fall out of though - they might 'balance' that by making the highest tiers very difficult to obtain.

I'm very interested in the mention of Chapters. Do we think this refers to a return of PvE chapters? Or something else? I don't want to get too excited - PvE is something I've wanted to return for a long time - and it could be something else entirely, perhaps just a term referring to sections of the wider event.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Return to “General Discussions”