All player stats - data from the KSoD website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Major General

Re: All player stats - data from the KSoD website

Post#61 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Xinix wrote:Nice work again Obi.

Still, although you are free to choose to compare to whatever time point you want, there is no reason to ignore the 14 November stats, which shows that since then there has actually been a slight INCREASE in both rebel and imp players. In other words, apparently the bottom of the pit is behind us.

Also interesting to see that rebs on average have an easier time getting medals on both attack and defense than imps, and that this difference has been steadily increasing. (No complaint: just an observation.)

How did you arrive at that conclusion Xinix ?

From the KSOD:
Rebels: Average medals=3230, attack wins=716, defense wins=133. Average medals per win = 3230/(716+133) = 3.8
IMPs: Average medals=2978, attack wins=584, defense wins=83. Average medals per win=2978/(584+83) = 4.5

How did rebels have easier time than IMP again ?

It seems that only the higher level rebels stuck around. The lower ones quit and that resulted in higher average medals per player for rebs. For the ones who are still playing, they had a much harder time earning medals on average compared to IMPs.

YourFather
Commodore

Post#62 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:56 pm

So, the latest info is telling us that rebels win more defenses on average than imperials? INTERESTING...

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#63 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:54 pm

YourFather wrote:So, the latest info is telling us that rebels win more defenses on average than imperials? INTERESTING...

not intersting at all. This has always been like that since ... forever, and the main reason is because there are more IMP players.

The true indicator of the balance, IMHO, is the average medals per win, as that factored in losses.

Xinix
Commodore

Post#64 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:59 pm

DarkRebel wrote:How did you arrive at that conclusion Xinix ?

Assuming that players from both factions are more or less equally active, on average rebels manage to get significantly more medals, more offensive wins, and more defensive wins. And this difference has been increasing over the past few weeks.

Again, just an interesting observation: if you don't like it you can choose to cut the data any other way you want.

YourFather
Commodore

Post#65 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:08 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
YourFather wrote:So, the latest info is telling us that rebels win more defenses on average than imperials? INTERESTING...

not intersting at all. This has always been like that since ... forever, and the main reason is because there are more IMP players.

The true indicator of the balance, IMHO, is the average medals per win, as that factored in losses.

It's interesting because just about every rebel on here is saying imperial gr snipers are the reason imps are dominating conflicts. If that were true, then we would see it in the data. We don't see it, we haven't seen it and we won't see it because the claim is completely false.

Sorry OP, I know you want armory discussions elsewhere so I'll respond to the rest of DR's post;

I'm not sure if average medals per win is even a good indication of balance. Imperials are primarily hitting dev bases during conflicts. We are pretty much guaranteed 3 stars per attack and ~15 medals. Rebels face tough bases and occasionally faceplant. Sure, tough bases can offer high medals but this is more of an exception than a standard.

It's hard to conclude medals are a state of balance in the game when the factions experience completely different offensive environments.

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#66 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:49 pm

YourFather wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:

It's interesting because just about every rebel on here is saying imperial gr snipers are the reason imps are dominating conflicts. If that were true, then we would see it in the data. We don't see it, we haven't seen it and we won't see it because the claim is completely false.

Sorry OP, I know you want armory discussions elsewhere so I'll respond to the rest of DR's post;

I'm not sure if average medals per win is even a good indication of balance. Imperials are primarily hitting dev bases during conflicts. We are pretty much guaranteed 3 stars per attack and ~15 medals. Rebels face tough bases and occasionally faceplant. Sure, tough bases can offer high medals but this is more of an exception than a standard.

It's hard to conclude medals are a state of balance in the game when the factions experience completely different offensive environments.

You must have presumed when I said balance, that it implied unit balance. Bad assumption. When I said balance, it meant in an overall sense.
Of course match making matters in game experience, in how easier it was for IMP to play and to gain medal. You said it yourself.
As game stats doesn’t track losses, of all the stats available to us, medals per win represents the best overall status as it is the RESULT of PVP, and everything like match making, losses (results in negative medals), base difficulty level, dev bases, armory level, are all partially factored in one way or another.
(last post on this, to respect the OP wish of not debate on game balance)

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#67 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Medals per win is skewed by many factors. Medal cap. Taking a break from the game. Intentionally losing medals. Mostly, it's skewed by time, with many game changes taking place over the years.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#68 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:23 pm

These stats can only tell you how many players there are.
You cannot draw any conclusions re attack/defense capability, GR, etc.
There are too any other factors that need to be considered for those.

YourFather
Commodore

Post#69 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:53 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
YourFather wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:not intersting at all. This has always been like that since ... forever, and the main reason is because there are more IMP players.

You must have presumed when I said balance, that it implied unit balance. Bad assumption. When I said balance, it meant in an overall sense.
Of course match making matters in game experience, in how easier it was for IMP to play and to gain medal. You said it yourself.
As game stats doesn’t track losses, of all the stats available to us, medals per win represents the best overall status as it is the RESULT of PVP, and everything like match making, losses (results in negative medals), base difficulty level, dev bases, armory level, are all partially factored in one way or another.
(last post on this, to respect the OP wish of not debate on game balance)

I don't think my post left any room assumptions. Bad assumption on your part :)

All I've said is that the data clearly and unequivocally show that rebels are doing much better than imperials on defense. They are also dominating squad wars (despite all the imbalanced matchmaking threads they write). You're not arguing with me, you're arguing with the numbers and that's just silly.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#70 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:41 am

YourFather wrote:It's interesting because just about every rebel on here is saying imperial gr snipers are the reason imps are dominating conflicts. If that were true, then we would see it in the data. We don't see it, we haven't seen it and we won't see it because the claim is completely false.

No. These stats do not assist with the effectiveness or otherwise of Imp / Reb GR, or indeed any other update.

The KSoD bot trawls the squads recording the number of attack wins and defence wins (among other data). These stats therefore reflect wins and losses (for some players), since the game started. Due to their longevity in the game these commanders' stats will have a significant distorting affect (perhaps especially so for the minority faction). The game has been going for more than 3 years now. Commanders that have kept with the game for all that time will have large numbers of wins and losses because of how the game used to be, not because of how it is now or how it was during "the OP Imp GR era".

Please note, I am describing the era where Imp GR was stronger as the 'OP Imp GR Era', simply because the devs decided to nerf it to it's current levels. Only the devs are able to access data that might show the actual impact on the game. They decided to nerf it, and buff reb GR. I don't know of anyone who was asking for Reb GR to be buffed at all, let alone in the way it was buffed. What Rebs were asking for was to have their own version of the sniper GR. The devs went a different way.

I think Dark Rebel's theory for the stat difference is right, it' more to do with the (much) higher number of Imp players. On a normalcy curve there are far more poor players than good ones. With the 3:2 faction ratio there will have been a lot more weak imps over the course of the game's life who have failed on attacks and had weaker bases when attacked by rebels. Over 3 years these numbers stack up. This explains the stat discrepancy on rebel attack / defence success much better. Others may have other views, of course.

The only real guide to the current game balance is to be found in conflict leaderboards, and even then, only where the prize is of equal value for both factions - eg during conflicts for jump/jet skins. A conflict where one faction has a great prize, and the other a rubbish one does not assist, eg Imp Astromech v Reb WED. Only conflict leaderboards demonstrate attack and defence success during a specific time frame in a way that we can see.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Return to “General Discussions”