All player stats - data from the KSoD website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Re: All player stats - data from the KSoD website

Post#41 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Xinix wrote:Thanks Obi: I must admit I thought it would be worse .. not good obviously, but not as bad as I feared.

I'm anticipating a further drop in a month's time. PvP participation seems to be down for rebels. Most players fade out, rather than suddenly stop playing. Even if they boot the game up once in 30 days, the clock towards automatic removal re-starts, and thus they will remain 'active' for KSoD 'all player' stat purposes.

At present I have 3 officers that have stopped playing a couple of weeks ago, but are still members of my squad. I will not remove them before the 30 day time limit boots them out, because they are excellent commanders that have played key roles in a lot of our War victories, and I hope they will return. Two of those officers used to post on these forums under the usernames ChiptheFish and pdxsport.

Of course, with each passing day it become less likely they will return, but as Saw Gerrera once said, 'Rebellions are built on hope'.

We also have new talent coming through, but I'm aware that not all squads are as fortunate.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

LosVega
Major General

Post#42 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:40 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
Xinix wrote:Thanks Obi: I must admit I thought it would be worse .. not good obviously, but not as bad as I feared.

I'm anticipating a further drop in a month's time. PvP participation seems to be down for rebels............

Of course, with each passing day it become less likely they will return, but as Saw Gerrera once said, 'Rebellions are built on hope'.

We also have new talent coming through, but I'm aware that not all squads are as fortunate.

In about roughly a month, "The Last Jedi" will be out which most likely will generate new interest in the game. The bigger question is will those new players follow the trend and opt to play empire while rebel numbers continue to decline? Sounds great for a rebel player doing wars only but in pvp not much changes til the newcomers level up. For the empire player it's diminishing returns. Welcome to a planet with more dev bases than actual players maybe?

Don't know if it's been asked before but an obvious question is why can't the bots pull all actual player data relative to sum total population by faction "only" (my emphasis) to get a true number rather than the snapshot of squad war only participants. I can understand if Disney considers that info proprietary and they most likely would not want that viewed/known by the general public.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

DeathStriker

Post#43 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:46 pm

LosVega wrote:Don't know if it's been asked before but an obvious question is why can't the bots pull all actual player data relative to sum total population by faction "only" (my emphasis) to get a true number rather than the snapshot of squad war only participants. I can understand if Disney considers that info proprietary and they most likely would not want that viewed/known by the general public.

LosVega - The KSoD Bots are designed to download the same "data" as you see in the Squad War Log and Squad Members.

Here is a quote from the KSod Website FAO:

Where are you getting this data?

ANSWER: We have a droid logging in to the game and visiting all the squads. It notes down all the information it sees before moving on to the next squad.

Hope that answers your question...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Harshit
Captain

Post#44 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:48 am

DeathStriker wrote:
LosVega wrote:Don't know if it's been asked before but an obvious question is why can't the bots pull all actual player data relative to sum total population by faction "only" (my emphasis) to get a true number rather than the snapshot of squad war only participants. I can understand if Disney considers that info proprietary and they most likely would not want that viewed/known by the general public.

LosVega - The KSoD Bots are designed to download the same "data" as you see in the Squad War Log and Squad Members.

Here is a quote from the KSod Website FAO:

Where are you getting this data?

ANSWER: We have a droid logging in to the game and visiting all the squads. It notes down all the information it sees before moving on to the next squad.

Hope that answers your question...

THANKS ! DS, for the KSOD FAQ
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR

ObiTwo
Captain

Post#45 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:49 pm

11thNov17.jpg

Data from 5th Nov (file name incorrect)

Imperials have gained +1694 players, rebels have lost -1968. Consider also there are more imperial players and the difference is magnified, this swing is a bad sign for the future of the game if it continues...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ObiTwo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vrroommm
Captain

Post#46 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:47 am

Imp players make less donation and requests for troops. Either less organised, don't see a need or don't play in a team.

Take less uplinks in wars, suggests lack of organisation, don't understand the strategy or don't play when it's a tough match up.

At a glance I would suggest more casuals chose imp (more initial appeal to play the bad guy).
More hardcore players choose the underdog.

Boog
Major General

Post#47 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:36 am

The donation stats are meaningless because in many squads, players leave regularly to clear chat lag. The number of players leaving or starting is equally meaningless for the same reason. It is down in the noise and could just reflect players dropping out if their squads briefly.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#48 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 am

... (deleted as the stats didn't attach properly)
Last edited by ObiWanKenobi2016 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#49 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 am

As an update that is supposed to address the unbalanced GR issue is expected in the next day or so, I thought it would be useful to post the current player stats as a reference point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ObiWanKenobi2016 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#50 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 am

These stats show a further decline in the numbers of commanders playing as either faction.

The latest data point is 2nd November. This shows a drop of 1,442 (106,317 - 104,875) in the last 6 days alone.

By contrast, the imperial faction shows a decrease of 2,072 (163,588 - 161,516).

It should of course, be remembered that the drop in numbers reflects players that quit the game 30 days ago.
Last edited by ObiWanKenobi2016 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussions”