All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
TNT
Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#331 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:37 am

10% of the playerbase hits hard. :( But Amazon devices being discontinued are probably a big part of that. It actually says a lot about the decision if they can cut away these devices and only lose about 12k commanders, it probably wasn't the worst decision they've taken.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#332 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Chaotic999 wrote:
Rebelscummer wrote:
ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:I think that's an excellent point re SWC no longer being playable on Amazon devices. I think that could be the most important factor underlying the change.

Don't forget, that playing on Windows devices (FB Gameroom) it's getting harder too, lag is getting worse with every update.

Good point my phone is now just a donating device on the go, impossible to play the game on it without getting furious with frustration wich is ridiculous as its a mobile game. devs strike again, they should run #brexit

Haha, I agree, but unfortunately, I broke my first tablet since I started plying this game. I got so frustrated, that I crashed the screen, I'm a calm player, but it was too much. Disney owes my $300. BTW, no more Windows tablets for me, I'm done with never ending updates and crashes.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#333 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:15 am

Chaotic999 wrote: ... they should run #brexit

LMAO
:lol:
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#334 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 am

Rebelscummer wrote:... no more Windows tablets for me, I'm done with never ending updates and crashes.

That's part of what led me to try Apple products. The initial cost is higher, but their products are better and last longer.

An IBM exec has told ComputerWorld that in the long term, PCs costs 3x more than Macs to run.

Here's the link:
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3 ... ought.html

LosVega
Admiral

Post#335 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:10 pm

TNT wrote:10% of the playerbase hits hard. :( But Amazon devices being discontinued are probably a big part of that. It actually says a lot about the decision if they can cut away these devices and only lose about 12k commanders, it probably wasn't the worst decision they've taken.

10% loss of the player base that participated in wars. Still unknown is the total player pop number but that may be a moot point now. I believe it could be mostly Amazon devices also but with a significant amount of dissatisfied players related to medal gate, game play stagnation, facebook app instability and/or just plain tired of playing. Zynga has a lot of lost ground to recover with that kind of drop. Now I'm curious as to how many windows players were assisted to make the transition to Android vs. the loss of Amazon devices as a gauge to how much they cared then compared to now. Perhaps that may be more rhetorical than worthy of an answer.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#336 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:17 pm

The downward trend in player population is definitely troubling. I just hope if Zynga holds on to this game that they market it better than Disney did. I think a little marketing would go a long way ...Lord knows Disney never did anything as far marketing or advertising.
WINTER IS HERE!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#337 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:00 am

Ghostie wrote:I think a little marketing would go a long way ...Lord knows Disney never did anything as far marketing or advertising.

Agreed. I haven't seen this game being promoted or marketed in any way in years.

TNT
Admiral

Post#338 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:20 am

LosVega wrote:
TNT wrote:10% of the playerbase hits hard. :( But Amazon devices being discontinued are probably a big part of that. It actually says a lot about the decision if they can cut away these devices and only lose about 12k commanders, it probably wasn't the worst decision they've taken.

10% loss of the player base that participated in wars. Still unknown is the total player pop number but that may be a moot point now. I believe it could be mostly Amazon devices also but with a significant amount of dissatisfied players related to medal gate, game play stagnation, facebook app instability and/or just plain tired of playing. Zynga has a lot of lost ground to recover with that kind of drop. Now I'm curious as to how many windows players were assisted to make the transition to Android vs. the loss of Amazon devices as a gauge to how much they cared then compared to now. Perhaps that may be more rhetorical than worthy of an answer.

True.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#339 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 am

LosVega wrote:10% loss of the player base that participated in wars. Still unknown is the total player pop number but that may be a moot point now.

You're right, it is a moot point, but I don't think the non-Warring players really make any difference.

Players are only invisible to KSoD if they are either not in a squad at all, or in one that has never participated in a War. Such players will not be spending money on crystals (vitally important for the devs), or participating meaningfully (if at all) in conflicts (v important to the pool of players in conflicts).

LosVega wrote:...Now I'm curious as to how many windows players were assisted to make the transition to Android vs. the loss of Amazon devices as a gauge to how much they cared then compared to now. Perhaps that may be more rhetorical than worthy of an answer.

That would be good to know, but we just don't have that data. The date we do have is in this thread.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#340 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:04 pm

The latest stats:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussions”