All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
legofanatikeren
Commodore

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#291 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:21 am

It's a known fact the "forces" is NOT based upon anything at al. It fluctuates by a few hundred, but doesn't reflect conflicts or ANYTHING.
Those numbers have no place in any argument about amount of players, anywhere, A much better estimate of all total players would be from conflict %, if you take into account players can appear as duplicates on different planets.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#292 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:31 am

legofanatikeren wrote:It's a known fact the "forces" is NOT based upon anything at al. It fluctuates by a few hundred, but doesn't reflect conflicts or ANYTHING.
Those numbers have no place in any argument about amount of players, anywhere, A much better estimate of all total players would be from conflict %, if you take into account players can appear as duplicates on different planets.

Disagree.
In estimating overall player population trend, ksod data is much better than conflict %.
A player can participate in any number of conflicts (or none) at the same time. There is no reliable method to figure out how many.
Conflict participation varies too much, depending on the reward.
ksod population data is much more stable.
While ksod data does not give you an exact population count, it is the best data available in estimating population trend.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#293 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 am

Yeah, taking into account the "Forces" per planet presented in game is a completely not smart thing to do.

The KSOD data includes all players that are in sqauds that have warred. That is an excessively large amount of the player base. I would say certainly over 90%. It does not just have to be commanders that have warred, but literally every single one in a squad that has warred.

You can choose not to believe this and erroneously think that over 1 million people are playing this game if it makes your bed warmer at night.

EDIT: And DarkRebel just pointed out the serious flaws in trying to use conflict data to estimate the pool. If 50% of the population is in three conflicts at once it would ad great inflation to the overall numbers.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#294 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 am

DarkRebel wrote:
legofanatikeren wrote:It's a known fact the "forces" is NOT based upon anything at al. It fluctuates by a few hundred, but doesn't reflect conflicts or ANYTHING.

Disagree.
In estimating overall player population trend, ksod data is much better than conflict %.
A player can participate in any number of conflicts (or none) at the same time. There is no reliable method to figure out how many.
While ksod data does not give you an exact population count, it is the best data available in estimating population trend.

Pardon, I should have expressed myself clearer: I viewed the option of using the conflict % to determine a playerbase as "a much better estimate of all total players" than the "forces" displayed on each planet. I did NOT mean to imply the conflict % option was better reflectance than the Ksod data. Just that it was much better than the "forces" displayed.

In that way I much agree with many people here, including midge, and have expressed my own distinct reasons for equating the Ksod data with the only data I need to analyze the playerbase-situation and overall thriving of the game as per one month ago, in an earlier post here in this thread.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#295 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:18 am

legofanatikeren wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:

Disagree.

Pardon, I should have expressed myself clearer: I viewed the option of using the conflict % to determine a playerbase as "a much better estimate of all total players" than the "forces" displayed on each planet. I did NOT mean to imply the conflict % option was better reflectance than the Ksod data. Just that it was much better than the "forces" displayed.

In that way I much agree with many people here, including midge, and have expressed my own distinct reasons for equating the Ksod data with the only data I need to analyze the playerbase-situation and overall thriving of the game as per one month ago, in an earlier post here in this thread.

Yeah ... that ....

What that guy said.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#296 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:20 am

@Lego, I misread your post. My apology.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#297 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 am

Nah, guess I should've been clearer :)

Return to “General Discussions”