All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Hawkeye1970
Captain

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#281 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:43 am

Please educate me. Are the KSoD stats only war stats? The way I have read these data is that this only reflects active war bases/commanders/squads. It says nothing, besides basic base data, about how a commander does during PvP or during conflicts. The Reason Inask for clarification is that many have pointed to this data to point out certain trends or to support their POV regarding game play. If this data is only war data, then any analysis regarding PvP play or overall game trends is going to be flawed.

If I am wrong about the data, please show me. Thank you.
IGName: Hawkeye
Squad: FalloftheEmpire
Faction: Rebel, Level 10

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#282 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:50 am

No, that is completely true. We can't know how this section of playerdata reflects the overall status of amount of players, statistics for HQ levels, or anything else we can infer from the KSOD data.
It's all supposition, when a given set of found trends are set equal to the overall playerbase, and we know it :)
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#283 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:59 am

It isn't just war data. It also has attack wins and losses for all the players listed. That's pvp data.

Hawkeye1970
Captain

Post#284 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:21 am

The player data tells us nothing about how real gameplay proceeds. Therefore, it cannot tell us anything about how a particular update has affected gameplay. Also, I doubt the data includes all active players; only those in war.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#285 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:13 am

Yes, it's just players in squads with a war record.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#286 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 am

Hawkeye1970 wrote:Please educate me. Are the KSoD stats only war stats? The way I have read these data is that this only reflects active war bases/commanders/squads. It says nothing, besides basic base data, about how a commander does during PvP or during conflicts. The Reason Inask for clarification is that many have pointed to this data to point out certain trends or to support their POV regarding game play. If this data is only war data, then any analysis regarding PvP play or overall game trends is going to be flawed.

If I am wrong about the data, please show me. Thank you.

The KSOD site depends on a bot that visits all squads in the game and records all data available for it to collect from that squad. If a squad has ever participated in a War, it adds / updates the latest data to the site's record of that squad.

The stats I've been recording in this thread show two types of data. The first set refer to squad Wars. These are shown in the top table of each screen shot. The second set relates to commanders. These are the records of PVP (P v dev base) attacks and losses.

The only way to assess the impact of changes / developments in gameplay is to compare commander attack / defend rates between updates.

In making that analysis, it is important to bear in mind that the game only removes commanders after 30 days of inactivity. It is only a month after a player quits that they are removed from a squad automatically. This means the stats for 1st October, really reflect the state of the game as at 1st September.

So far the charts DS and others have produced have focused on the decline in player numbers. The chart that would assist you would need to plot the changes in attack / defence wins. I don't have the software to do such a chart and upload it here. I would love to see such a chart. I think it would be v helpful.

It is also important to bear in mind that the general trend of attack / defend win rates may not reflect your player experience. Successfully hitting maxed out / near maxed out 10 / Prestige bases with turrets + GR active can take full load outs, SC and air, and therefore result in a significant decrease in attack frequency (poss 2 hours between attacks), whereas commanders at HQ5 can have a much faster turn around. You will also note the increase in the average base level. It is now 7 for both factions. It's a very different game at that level, than when playing as a 10.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DeathStriker

Post#287 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:So far the charts DS and others have produced have focused on the decline in player numbers. The chart that would assist you would need to plot the changes in attack / defence wins. I don't have the software to do such a chart and upload it here. I would love to see such a chart. I think it would be v helpful.

ObiWanKenobi2016 - I can take a look at the Numbers. As I get time I may create another Chart(s) if the Numbers would be helpful.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#288 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 am

Hawkeye1970 wrote:The player data tells us nothing about how real gameplay proceeds. Therefore, it cannot tell us anything about how a particular update has affected gameplay. Also, I doubt the data includes all active players; only those in war.

It is not just players that are in war ... it is players in squads that have participated in a war.

If you think that this is not a large majority of players, then I think you are sadly mistaken.

Also, if you have been playing, which you have, you certainly can see that this data correlates heavily with what people are experiencing in game.

The numbers of people moving in and out of the game as related to the timing of updates is something that can be seen and can have logical discussions based on this data presented.

Or you can argue these numbers mean nothing and the game is extremely healthy and thriving!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Hawkeye1970
Captain

Post#289 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Midge, not saying there is no meaning in the data, only that it does not accurately reflect PvP play. That is fact. It mostly reflects war data. Also, if the number of forces per planet is to be believed (1,009,205 players as per the Galaxy Map), then the KSoD data (116,991) is off by a factor of 10. One cannot draw any statistically significant conclusions regarding how an update affects play.

I also do not believe that game play is “healthy and thriving.” It has suffered from apathy since Jetgate/Rodiangate. I am hopeful that the Prestige level will breathe some life and interest back into this game.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#290 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:03 am

Hawkeye1970 wrote:Midge, not saying there is no meaning in the data, only that it does not accurately reflect PvP play. That is fact. It mostly reflects war data. Also, if the number of forces per planet is to be believed (1,009,205 players as per the Galaxy Map), then the KSoD data (116,991) is off by a factor of 10. One cannot draw any statistically significant conclusions regarding how an update affects play.

I also do not believe that game play is “healthy and thriving.” It has suffered from apathy since Jetgate/Rodiangate. I am hopeful that the Prestige level will breathe some life and interest back into this game.

@Hawkeye, the number of forces per planet has not altered significantly since the Dawn of the Galaxy I believe. I did the sum of the planets 3 years ago and it was around 1.01 M and it sill is. Did the sum a minute ago and now it is 1009165 to be exact.
So whatever these numbers may mean, they do not represent the actual number of players…

2 cents by me ;-)
Proud to be a member of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many longtime high-level players, (semi-)active or retired, OP or NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken.

Return to “General Discussions”