All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
legofanatikeren
Commodore

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#221 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Yes, I agree. I don't believe there will be 0 players in 10 months, but I do genuinely believe the ~20,000 players leaving will keep going for about 5 months. I do not believe the current trend will be able to accurately predict how the decline will shape after the current player base will be cut in half. Time will tell...
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

LosVega
Major General

Post#222 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm not trying to express a dim view of the future. The fact that Disney or whomever that is responsible for the operations of this app probably didn't have high expectations that it would last this long. No advertising beyond the first year, no "dedicated" dev support, no "official" forum (no disrespect to this one). Note the (gradual?) loss of interactivity with the player base starting from Dan, Chris, HTP and ending with Stephanie and others being given the boot. The common denominator among all of that is money - they all must be paid for. I can only theorize that Disney wanted to maintain a positive cash flow for the life cycle of the game and as it winds down, the opportunity for growth becomes less a priority.

The attachments aren't probably a fair comparison but speaks to the issue of game support and advertising. To add insult to injury, the fact that SWC allows advertising for other strategy games in game that could potentially draw down the player base only speaks to their priorities (ad revenue). My apologies for going slightly off topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#223 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Wow. I completely see your point. Assuming the $ numbers are accurate estimations. Which I think it is.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#224 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 am

LosVega wrote:Disney ... probably didn't have high expectations that it would last this long. No advertising beyond the first year, no "dedicated" dev support, no "official" forum (no disrespect to this one). Note the (gradual?) loss of interactivity with the player base starting from Dan, Chris, HTP and ending with Stephanie and others being given the boot. The common denominator among all of that is money - they all must be paid for. I can only theorize that Disney wanted to maintain a positive cash flow for the life cycle of the game and as it winds down, the opportunity for growth becomes less a priority.

I think you're absolutely right about that. This is a game that's been spectacularly under supported for years, but keeps going. I think that' s down to 3 things. This site, KSoD and the LINE community. What do they have in common? They are all player created. There is a lot of love for this game. Hours and hours have been put into it in terms of playing the game and in terms of players helping other players get better at it.

Disney can only look to themselves for their failure to monetise this game more effectively.

Over the last 4-5 weeks the game has clearly been given some attention again. I hope that continues, although the rationale behind their tinkering escapes me.

As for the other games listed in the screenshots, the one that stands out, of course is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, which I also play. That game is by far the most commercially successful Star Wars game in the app store. It's run by Capital Games, and the way it treats its customers is the polar opposite of Disney's approach in this game.

If there's a glitch that affects some customers, eg servers being out, ALL customers get crystals / in-game currency by way of recompense. If one person in your Guild (their version of squads) has been improperly disadvantaged in a Territory Battle (a monthly PvE contest that provides rare currency and unit shards) the whole Guild gets extra character shards (and there are 50 players in a Guild). Contrast that with Disney's customer support where crystals are reluctantly and meagrely carried out after you spend hours proving a common problem. There is player interaction. Dev decisions are explained. A character is OP, it gets nerfed, quickly. A set of characters become less used, they give them a work over to make them useful again. When was the last time any HQ 8,9 or 10 last used a wookie or Dark Phase Trooper in a PVP attack?

We've just had an 'adjustment' to RFTs and Burst turrets because the Devs have noticed that everyone attacks with jets/jumps. That has been the norm for a year now, and they are only just reacting to it, and over-reacting to it, I'd suggest. It was probably too much of a nerf to RFTs, and was definitely far too much of a buff to bursts.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

TNT
Major General

Post#225 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:45 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:I think you're absolutely right about that. This is a game that's been spectacularly under supported for years, but keeps going. I think that' s down to 3 things. This site, KSoD and the LINE community. What do they have in common? They are all player created. There is a lot of love for this game. Hours and hours have been put into it in terms of playing the game and in terms of players helping other players get better at it.

Disney can only look to themselves for their failure to monetise this game more effectively.

Over the last 4-5 weeks the game has clearly been given some attention again. I hope that continues, although the rationale behind their tinkering escapes me.

As for the other games listed in the screenshots, the one that stands out, of course is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, which I also play. That game is by far the most commercially successful Star Wars game in the app store. It's run by Capital Games, and the way it treats its customers is the polar opposite of Disney's approach in this game.

If there's a glitch that affects some customers, eg servers being out, ALL customers get crystals / in-game currency by way of recompense. If one person in your Guild (their version of squads) has been improperly disadvantaged in a Territory Battle (a monthly PvE contest that provides rare currency and unit shards) the whole Guild gets extra character shards (and there are 50 players in a Guild). Contrast that with Disney's customer support where crystals are reluctantly and meagrely carried out after you spend hours proving a common problem. There is player interaction. Dev decisions are explained. A character is OP, it gets nerfed, quickly. A set of characters become less used, they give them a work over to make them useful again. When was the last time any HQ 8,9 or 10 last used a wookie or Dark Phase Trooper in a PVP attack?

We've just had an 'adjustment' to RFTs and Burst turrets because the Devs have noticed that everyone attacks with jets/jumps. That has been the norm for a year now, and they are only just reacting to it, and over-reacting to it, I'd suggest. It was probably too much of a nerf to RFTs, and was definitely far too much of a buff to bursts.

Indeed, it is weird how they've suddenly been appearing to care about the players. Including giving everyone a free crate to make up for the downtime.
In a different game I play the devs send out weekly newsletters containing upcoming content and current bugs they're trying to fix. The Devs do weekly streams to show off new content and I think they do bi weekly tweaks to units to make them more interesting if they're not used enough. They also have an open channel to VIP players (players who were stupid enough to spend large amounts of money)
Just recently they suddenly added a marker that's specific for one unit a lot of people don't even have to let you know his ability would be perfect for this. They also do semi regular give aways of goodies.

In another game I've tried the devs were also quick to communicate about all problems via ingame services and also provide apologies in the form of extra fuel or crystals.

Meanwhile the SWcommander devs are hellbent on wringing every last penny from the players dead body. It's so weird, because let's face it frags or crystals don't cost them anything. You give every player 100 crystals as an apology and they'll smile and it will have cost you nothing but gained you goodwill. (unlikely with how cynical the leftover playerbase is)

I keep playing SWCommander because despite going to different games I just find that the differences in faction and the many different units keep this game much more interesting than most other games I've tried. Sure, that's dead as can be in PVE, but in Wars this still really shines. (also I would so miss my squad mates)

But it still seems to me like the Devs general intention is to have the player play as little as possible.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#226 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:52 am

It is getting a bit off topic now :) though I'm happy to hear there exists a good star Wars game where SWC refugees can rebuild in guilds of 50 people ! Maybe in a year's time if worst comes to worst.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#227 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:46 am

So, I've been revising the data given here, along with taking a look at the Excel file DeathStriker kindly sent me, and my prediction at the time of 10 months I must now retract.

It's way too optimistic.

I rewrote all the entries into days, so that day 1 is the earliest data collection posted here, all the way to today. That's some 326 days with 14 or so entries in that timeframe. This gives me a better way to predict growth, which DS's chart couldn't because it's so sporadic.

Now, I modelled this after a parabolic function, which strictly speaking is a wrong function to use on a model such as this, because it's logically expected that the decline will lessen, the less total players are left. A logistic function. But until I see that reflected in the Ksod data, and thus computes it, I will sand by this prediction for the near future.

As of now, with the data I have, there's roughly 5.5 months left. This is unrealistic, as I just mentioned, but It gives me a better idea of the timeline overall. Thoughts? I'd really like to hear what you guys think.

Here is the graph, just updates minutes before now;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#228 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:54 am

Ouch, great data though. Interesting that all the new star wars films are not creating the historical boost in numbers. I know there are lots of other games out there but dont know if there is another mega game or the players are just diluted across thousands of new games?
See how this plays out.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

DeathStriker

Post#229 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:18 am

legofanatikeren wrote:So, I've been revising the data given here, along with taking a look at the Excel file DeathStriker kindly sent me, and my prediction at the time of 10 months I must now retract.

Here is the graph, just updates minutes before now;

legofanatikeren - Great Chart! :D

Statistics Analysis can be tricky as depending upon the "data pool" it is too easy to misinterpret the results.

Overall, based upon the numbers reported by the KSoD Website which is being pulled from Game Data (and hopefully being represented accurately) there is clearly a decline in overall number of Players, or at least the number of Players whom are in a Squad (since KSoD does not track Players whom are "Lone Warriors").

RECOMMENDATION: Upload the Chart to a Image Server, like imgur.com and then edit original Post above and place link to Image on image server by using the Image Function found in the Post Editor. The reason for this is so the Chart can be viewed while not logged into this Forum.

Looking forward to updates to the current chart as long as SWC and this Topic remain.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#230 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:23 am

You want to broadcast the chart I made? *shrugs*

I can't see necessity of being able to see the picture without logging in here - are you saying non-members cannot see attachments?

Return to “General Discussions”