All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#211 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:52 am

KSoD Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE #3

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016 I put the data for SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

SWC Squads by Faction Trend Analysis
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis
(Click here to view LARGER image)

DATA SOURCES:

• 8/30/17 - Here
  • 10/9/17 - Here
  • 11/2/17 - Here
  • 11/8/17 - Here (Pre-GR Balance Update #1)
  • 11/14/17 - Here (Post-GR Balance Update #1)
  • 12/2/17 - Here
  • 1/5/18 - Here
  • 2/2/18 - Here
  • 2/28/18 - Here
  • 4/3/18 - Here
  • 5/4/18 - Here
  • 6/1/18 - Here (Post-Solo Movie)
  • 7/2/18 - Here (Post-GR Balance Update #2)
ANALYSIS:

• The overall "trend" for the number of Squad per Faction shows a continued slight ⬆ Increase.

• ADDITIONAL NOTE: Recently there has been an increase of New Squads being formed with blocks of "active" Commanders leaving one Squad to join the New Squad leaving the "inactive" Commanders in the Old Squad. This may account in part for the lack of decline in the number of Squads and for the continued slight increase noted.
  • The overall "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction shows a continued ⬇ Decrease.
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ChiptheFish
Major General

Post#212 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:17 am

That's a sharp decline and refects my own experience in-game. Time to start trying to find another game...
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ Prestige, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#213 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:39 am

It certainly is not a good trend at all.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

sapa
Captain

Post#214 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:51 pm

thx to all errors,bugs and updates...my squad fell apart because of this constant errors/players leaving...im out because of this status 1800 and im slowly loosing interest in this game

to bad...i realy like galaxy far,far away

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#215 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:49 am

Should DeathStriker's chart based on the numbers we are being presented with hold true, then statistically, we'd be at 0 players in just over 10 months, given ~20,000 players leaving the system roughly every month or so.

10 months.

Not including all the low levels and the ones otherwise not computed in KSOD, of course. That's really food for thought in my opinion. I'd like to hear any thought you might have, point out any mistakes or stuff I could've overlooked, because frankly for once I'd like to be wrong in a prediction.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

LosVega
Major General

Post#216 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:22 am

Wow! 10 months at the current trend but we still don't know the numbers of new players coming in that are not in a squad.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

DrPain
Commodore

Post#217 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 am

The devs don't care to retain players which has always been a major problem even from the very start. Throughout the game's history, they've been consistently indifferent to large numbers of players leaving due to needless changes that they imposed. Couple that with the lack of advertising the game in the first couple of years after it launched (when it could have actually mattered), it's clear that they weren't too interested in recruiting people to their game. So, it's probably not too surprising that they cut off the limited community involvement that they had when the old forums went down.

I just don't see how they can stop this trend. It's really too late for them to reverse course. Those actions needed to be done 3-4 years ago. Not to mention that the game was much better back then. As it stands, you've got an uninspiring game that has the one plus of being Star Wars related.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#218 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 am

True. As I said, many are not computed by KSoD. But to be frank, they don't count in my opinion, because how realistic is it that a new player will stick around long enough to matter, in the way we are talking about here?

I'm not a pessimist, but a realist, and I know the rate of decrease we see and that I statistically mentioned as being ~20,000 as of now per the chart earlier posted, WILL logically decrease as the pool of players decrease. I cannot be a straight line right till it reaches 0.
The likeliest scenario I see is a hyperbolic curve (hope my Danish translation here is correct!) but that's neither here nor there at present.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#219 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:28 am

But I digress.

I'd just like to hear if anyone can puncture holes in my prediction above. I kinda hope someone can. "10 months left" is just missing the stereotypical bearded guy with the sign of doomsday looming...

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#220 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:11 pm

10 months might be overstating it. Revenue numbers last month declined again. A trend that has been going since The Last Jedi came out. There was a slight boost then, but back down and continuing to sink. They held firm for three months prior to this, but with new content everywhere and a decline in June, that is a bad sign.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Return to “General Discussions”