All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#201 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:47 am

darthdoodie wrote:In game numbers aren't accurate. They have been roughly the same for the entire time I've been playing. There's no way there are so few players on Tat.

I agree. Here my thoughts...

The Ksod site only counts players in squads that do Squad Wars. In-game population numbers possibly count newbies, inactive and Dev bases, but it's impossible these numbers are correct. Impossible Dandoran have more population than Tatooine. Everyone who starts in this game starts on Tatooine. What means you need 5 HQ upgrades until buy Planetary Command and move to another planet.

Hoth being the 2nd most populated planet could be true if Tatooine was the first planet, but again is impossible Dandoran have more players than Hoth. Hoth is the most popular planet to any SW fan due to Episode V and usually the first unlocked planet for those playing the game for the first time. Veteran players or 2nd/3rd accounts usually unlock Takodana as first planet to have access to OP in Squad Wars, and then unlock Hoth as 3rd planet to have at least one planet of each landscape to use their Armory equipment.

On Windows we didn't have any numbers in the Galaxy map because SWC Windows server was broken due to CNFOs and other bugs. On iOS/Android I didn't see any significant change in months in these numbers...
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Imperial HQ10 on Vacation!
Rebel HQ10 on Vacation and Rebel HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 Squad)

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#202 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:05 am

darthdoodie wrote:In game numbers aren't accurate. They have been roughly the same for the entire time I've been playing. There's no way there are so few players on Tat.

Agree. Dando's always got 350,000 on it, more or less. The numbers barely flux, if they change at all. I don't know what they represent, but I wouldn't put much stock in them.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
FriendsofOB1: A Level 50 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

JARJAR
Captain

Post#203 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:11 am

the in-game population is a "specchietto per allodole" or fool's gold, decoy, bait, dummy, stalking-horse

Spirit
Commodore

Post#204 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 am

Agreed that ingame numbers are meaningless.
I have checked the numbers whenever ingame and the total number of ingame players remains exactly the same.
Some of the figures for an individual planet increase or decrease periodically, but always by 20. A corresponding increase/decrease of exactly 20 takes place at the same time on another planet. After a short while, the figures change back.
Interesting? Probably not.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#205 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:51 pm

I am rank 1235 in the Tatooine conflict, at 1.07%. If my math is right, that means there are about 115,500 accounts active in the Tatooine conflict. So I suspect there are less than 200,000 active accounts out there. Figure in the folks who have multiple accounts, and my best guess is an active player count around 150k or 175k right now.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#206 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:50 am

Latest stats:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#207 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 am

These stats show that the number of active players has fallen again.

The Empire faction has fallen from 120,859 to 108,473. They have lost 12,386 commanders.

The Revel faction has fallen from 88,666 to 80,921. They have lost 7,745 commanders.

The current Empire / Rebellion ratio is 57.3:42.7 in the Empire's favour.

As I've observed for the last few months, we are approaching faction parity which can only help with the game's balance, but not for the right reasons.

Interestingly, the average Rebel HQ is now level 7, one higher than the average Empire HQ (6).

EDIT:

It looks like the Solo movie has had a negligible impact on Commander numbers.

Episode 8 saw a significant upswing in interest in the game, although that upswing had disappeared within a month. At the time there was speculation that one of the reasons for this was that there were insufficient in-game tie-ins with the movie. This time around, there were useful tie-ins, and yet the small increase seen last month have not carried forward.

As I've posted elsewhere on this site, I'm aware of a number of 'retired' commanders that returned to the game over the last month or so, from the various squads I'm connected to. None stayed. This was because either they had no armoury skins due to the time they 'retired' from the game, or skins at such a low level that they were unable to attack the bases they were matched with.

I remain of the view that the armoury has added an interesting element to the game, but the boosts it gives are far too strong. In my view, no buff should give 140-150% health / offensive boost. A super-nerf was required a long time ago. Although were that to be done today, in one go, I'd worry that it could further impact morale and participation.

My strongest advice to the Devs would be to reach out to the player base, and interact with them. If a staged nerf to armoury was to come, there would be support from leader's in the game. A two line piece of information in the in-game Developer Notes is not the way forward at this point.

But, on a positive note, we have seen meaningful Dev efforts to improve the game in the last few weeks. I don't pretend to understand their logic in tinkering with GR in they way that they have, but at least they are trying something.

May the Force be with us.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

TNT
Major General

Post#208 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:03 am

Considering how the Solo movie has done the impossible and managed to be the only Starwars movie to bomb, there is absolutely no surprise in it's lack of effect on the playerbase.

Beyond that I agree with everything Obiwankenobi2016 has said.
A suggestion for a couple of fixes:
1: Don't match players more than 1 HQ lvl away from eachother. This should help retain especially the lower lvl players which we need in order to stay healthy.
2: Completely revise the armory. I agree with Obiwankenobi2016, the armory had a great potential but it's been squandered.
Honestly, I don't think with the current level of buffs that people at lvl7-8 are ever going to catch up. But the insane buffs (and never forget the hilariously stupid GR) also mean that too many units are useless.
I feel like they should drop (nearly) all the buffs and instead just introduce extra abilities/speed tweaks. Snipers with just airstrikes or just airstrikes and a very minor boost. Jets with a minor boost, but extra speed. Heavies with a speedboost and maybe a grenade? Standard troopers with just a health and damage boost.
3: Remove planets to consolidate playerbase.

Compounding the lower player base problem is how fractured we are. The majority of the imperials hide on Green. The majority of the Rebels hide on desert.
We always had a split in planets, but the armory problem has made this the only logical conclusion.
Everyone hates/loves Hoth.

Also seconding KEnobi's careful optimism about the tweaking the devs have been doing.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#209 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:16 am

TNT wrote:Considering how the Solo movie has done the impossible and managed to be the only Starwars movie to bomb, there is absolutely no surprise in it's lack of effect on the playerbase.

I liked it, but I know it wasn't popular.

TNT wrote:...

Compounding the lower player base problem is how fractured we are. The majority of the imperials hide on Green. The majority of the Rebels hide on desert.
We always had a split in planets, but the armory problem has made this the only logical conclusion.

That's a good analysis of the current planets.

I hadn't seen the remove planets suggestion until recently. I think that idea has great merit. The planets could still exist for War outposts. Players would still need to unlock them to compete in Wars.

My proposal on that would be to remove Tako and Dando:
Yavin for green skins (there's plenty of incentive to unlock Tako and Dando for Wars)
Hoth for snow skins
Erkit for desert skins
Tat - armoury free - no skins / GR allowed - Let's give the lower players more of a chance.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#210 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:49 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
TNT wrote:Considering how the Solo movie has done the impossible and managed to be the only Starwars movie to bomb, there is absolutely no surprise in it's lack of effect on the playerbase.

I liked it, but I know it wasn't popular.

TNT wrote:...

That's a good analysis of the current planets.

I hadn't seen the remove planets suggestion until recently. I think that idea has great merit. The planets could still exist for War outposts. Players would still need to unlock them to compete in Wars.

My proposal on that would be to remove Tako and Dando:
Yavin for green skins (there's plenty of incentive to unlock Tako and Dando for Wars)
Hoth for snow skins
Erkit for desert skins
Tat - armoury free - no skins / GR allowed - Let's give the lower players more of a chance.

You've always got great input Obi, but I like this idea especially. Thumbs way up!
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
FriendsofOB1: A Level 50 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Return to “General Discussions”