All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#191 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Spirit wrote:Interesting info, but as I have said before, without the data on players not in a war squad, we dont know anything for certain. ( I realise we cant get that).
I regularly check the ingame squads by searching using random 3 letters. There are loads of squads never had a war. There are probably tens of thousands of players not in a squad.
The major observable trend is the decrease in players wanting to be in war. It used to be popular but the number of maxed out (or seemingly maxed) squads puts lesser opponents off the game. Concentrating fifteen top players in one squad helps the few but puts the many off war. Equally the number of sandbagger squads adds to the pointlessness of war for many.
You only have to look at forum comments to get the message that most get aweful war matchups. Again just my view.

My lvl 8 mini base has 1 medal; it is currently tied for 5,328,504th place in the player standings. I don't know if dev bases count in the standings, but I can say that bases I can see at the bottom don't have the typical dev base names. The first time I checked a few months ago, I was in a tie for ~4.9 millionth place, so there could be as many as ~400K new accounts.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#192 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:29 am

Interesting point Boog. Looks like more players out there than we know.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#193 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:43 am

ChiptheFish wrote:
Midge wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:True. But better than decline.

For sure, it is a good thing to see for now and we will see what becomes of it. One thing I do know ...

There are a few of my buddies who disappeared for about six months or whatever, they want to come back now that Solo is out and summer is coming ... they feel like they can't. I wonder how it feels for new players?

Just had that happen to an old squad mate. He's an L9 HQ (mostly L7 and 8 buildings and units though) and has been offline since last year. He came back last month but couldn't win without the armory buffs. He bailed...sad. But I totally understand. He's fighting buffed defenses with no buffed offense... Impossible.

I think if old players want to get back in the game, they have to start over and take a long pause at HQ6/7 to build out their armory fragment library.

I agree. The devs have addressed one issue that deters newbies, in that they will no longer be attacked by players several levels above them. The other significant problem remains: the armoury buffs are OP.

Any player who's had time out from the game cannot simply come back and play. If they don't have the right buffs at a good enough level, they cannot successfully attack. The defensive buffs on the bases they face will be too strong, and thus a huge swathe of players, who already know and like the game are excluded from game play - no-one really wants to go back to grinding through the early levels of the game when they're used to attacking with top-end units.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#194 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:36 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
ChiptheFish wrote:
Midge wrote:For sure, it is a good thing to see for now and we will see what becomes of it. One thing I do know ...

There are a few of my buddies who disappeared for about six months or whatever, they want to come back now that Solo is out and summer is coming ... they feel like they can't. I wonder how it feels for new players?

Just had that happen to an old squad mate. He's an L9 HQ (mostly L7 and 8 buildings and units though) and has been offline since last year. He came back last month but couldn't win without the armory buffs. He bailed...sad. But I totally understand. He's fighting buffed defenses with no buffed offense... Impossible.

I think if old players want to get back in the game, they have to start over and take a long pause at HQ6/7 to build out their armory fragment library.

I agree. The devs have addressed one issue that deters newbies, in that they will no longer be attacked by players several levels above them. The other significant problem remains: the armoury buffs are OP.

Any player who's had time out from the game cannot simply come back and play. If they don't have the right buffs at a good enough level, they cannot successfully attack. The defensive buffs on the bases they face will be too strong, and thus a huge swathe of players, who already know and like the game are excluded from game play - no-one really wants to go back to grinding through the early levels of the game when they're used to attacking with top-end units.

Disney's intelligence is limited to movies with Princesses and pets, and amusement parks. They do not understand about games or gameplay. Fact.

I have recently seen many veteran players abandoning squads like rats abandoning the ship ... And new players disappear as fast as they appear. The game is not attractive to veterans or beginners because of Armory. Many beginners give up when they are still level 4 and start to complain that they can not win, or that upgrades are expensive and very time-consuming!...

SWC is no longer a game for casual players after Armory was introduced. If you stopped playing some time ago and you want to come back now, you will not be able to. I was an active player on Windows but when Armory was introduced, it killed my HQ 10 base. I could not win any more attacks or defenses. So I started a new base to play for Armory.

It is what many players who still love the game are doing, starting new bases to have a competitive Armory and succeed in the game. Some are changing factions because they are struggling to keep up with their current bases due to poor matchmaking system and constant changes in game balance.

The game is a long long upgrade, if you can not upgrade anything else, the game is dead. Why keeping everyone's life so difficult in this game is something I can not understand. Disney does not have to sell crystals anyway. The game gets paid while it's a good marketing for all new movies and other Star Wars games and products.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Spirit
Commodore

Post#195 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:52 pm

To add to the mix, I have just looked at the ingame numbers showing on each planet. We all see these numbers and I assume they show a snapshot of the total number of active players? On each planet:
Dand. 364,409
Kit. 118,145
Yav. 151135
Hoth. 235902
Tak. 76614
Tat. 62960

Total. 1,009,165

Interesting figures that may include inactives?. All new players and those without planetary command are included in Tats figure, so an important planet to watch. Compared to ksod stats which only include war squad numbers, it looks like there is a huge pool of players in the game.

Reps needed please.....

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#196 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:56 pm

In game numbers aren't accurate. They have been roughly the same for the entire time I've been playing. There's no way there are so few players on Tat.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#197 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Spirit wrote:To add to the mix, I have just looked at the ingame numbers showing on each planet. We all see these numbers and I assume they show a snapshot of the total number of active players? On each planet:
Dand. 364,409
Kit. 118,145
Yav. 151135
Hoth. 235902
Tak. 76614
Tat. 62960

Total. 1,009,165

Interesting figures that may include inactives?. All new players and those without planetary command are included in Tats figure, so an important planet to watch. Compared to ksod stats which only include war squad numbers, it looks like there is a huge pool of players in the game.

Those include dev bases.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#198 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:23 am

The figures for Tatooine cannot be right. There's an ongoing conflict there. Conflicts attract active players, whether for the conflict crates, or EP points from dev bases during an event.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#199 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:05 am

Cheers for the feedback guys. I had seen the ingame numbers but unsure of their credibility or accuracy. I will track them for a few weeks just to see if anything meaningful can be gleaned. Obviously we can use conflict positions and percentages to produce a conflict specific volume as well.

Reps needed please.....

Harshit
Commodore

Post#200 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:45 am

I think the populations are high by seeing the numbers above. But even after that my IMP base is getting matched with lvl10 monster dev bases on almost all planets with lvl 50 dekas with lvl 10 sonics usually defeat them by 2 stars now as I am posting here.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

Return to “General Discussions”