All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ObiTwo
Major General

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#161 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Apart from the blip from new members joining around the time of the latest movie release, the trend does not look healthy.

Many of my squad mates have made minis to try and find a way to make the game more fun again. I suspect that is a trend across both factions, so the player base is probably smaller than it appears. I hope new movies help bring more life to the game. We need a recruitment drive.
Last edited by ObiTwo on Wed May 09, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#162 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Taking the data from 3rd April to 4th May, we can see that:

Empire faction has reduced from 141,449 to 119,949 - a drop of 21,500

The Rebel faction has reduced from 95,717 to 85,968 - a drop of 9,749.

This gives a faction balance of 58.3 - 41.7

Once again, the factions are becoming more balanced, but not in a good way. The game is shedding Imperial Commanders at a disproportionate rate.

EDIT 1:

I see the recent developments with the Star Wars crates as a positive development. The more generous provision of crystals, can only encourage crystal spending.

Solo opens on 25th May. I expect another surge in interest in the game at that point. It will be interesting to see if the Devs can capitalise on it.

EDIT 2:

In order to encourage new player retention, I think some of the long-standing new player complaints should be addressed, including long upgrade times once they hit L4 and L5, and having their bases attacked by much higher commanders.

Others may have other views, of course.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue May 08, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#163 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:38 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:In order to encourage new player retention, I think some of the long-standing new player complaints should be addressed, including long upgrade times once they hit L4 and L5, and having their bases attacked by much higher commanders.

To me, the biggest issues in new player retention are 1) being attacked by much higher bases, and 2) finding a good, active squad. No one will continue to play a game that isn't fun, and being crushed after every attack stinks. There are also a lot of inactive/dead squads out there, and players who land in those will not have a good experience. Sadly, correcting both issues requires Disney to make code changes, so it likely won't happen.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#164 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Matchmaking is horrible, it needs to be fixed. Level five is just brutal if you've built your base and don't know what you're doing.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#165 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:02 pm

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:In order to encourage new player retention, I think some of the long-standing new player complaints should be addressed, including long upgrade times once they hit L4 and L5, and having their bases attacked by much higher commanders.

To me, the biggest issues in new player retention are 1) being attacked by much higher bases, and 2) finding a good, active squad. No one will continue to play a game that isn't fun, and being crushed after every attack stinks. There are also a lot of inactive/dead squads out there, and players who land in those will not have a good experience. Sadly, correcting both issues requires Disney to make code changes, so it likely won't happen.

I can't believe I keep playing this game after almost 4 years, and still care about it... So many bugs, problems, and the Evil Devs really make life harder for all players community, but in my opinion there are 4 problems that are killing the game slowly and progressly:

Problem 1) the game on iOS/Android is now absolutely like it was on Windows, with levels 4 and 5 being crushed all the time by levels 9 and 10 while defending, or being combined with hq9 and hq10 when attacking, what is stupid and unfair, and will disencourage these players to continue in the game.

Solution: Devs must change matchmaking to you can only attack/defend from players 1 level above or below, it doesn't matter if they have minis, sandbags or maxed out bases, full or no armory, zero or maxed out medals or how high or low their base strenght is...

Problem 2) Devs must change the way we create a squad to prevent anyone to create more squads. We already have too many high level squads empty, and people keep creating more squads instead joining an existing squad with high perks unlocked, for some reason i can't understand...

Solution: A require of crystals (like 1k or "pay to build") to create a squad certainly will disencourage players to create their own squad and join the first one they find...

Problem 3: Squad Wars aren't attractive anymore. Mismatches and bad rewards are disencouraging players to go to war. I am one of those who are retired from wars.

Solution: Fix the matchmaking with a better algorithm for strenght / medals / whatever that counts, and better rewards, with some of the new Units like eAT-TE/Death Trooper, and give the max out storage capacity always and not a stupid randomized resource reward that most of the time doesn't pay the costs. Nerf Takodana for all wars with that OP don't finish with a Tie or give a better reward for the Stalemate to compensate the frustration of a Tie 45:45.

Problem 4: the Dev Gods seems not hear us poor mortals...

Solution: Read the damn SWC forum, you Devs, and pay attention on what we are saying here!
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Spirit
Commodore

Post#166 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:27 am

+1000000 mkenobi
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Harshit
Commodore

Post#167 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:58 am

+1000000
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

JARJAR
Commodore

Post#168 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:38 am

Problem 5) Time Research, too many things to upgrade in the armory.

Solution: reduce the time. :D

TNT
Major General

Post#169 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:20 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:Taking the data from 3rd April to 4th May, we can see that:

Empire faction has reduced from 141,449 to 119,949 - a drop of 21,500

The Rebel faction has reduced from 95,717 to 85,968 - a drop of 9,749.

This gives a faction balance of 58.3 - 41.7

Once again, the factions are becoming more balanced, but not in a good way. The game is shedding Imperial Commanders at a disproportionate rate.

EDIT 1:

I see the recent developments with the Star Wars crates as a positive development. The more generous provision of crystals, can only encourage crystal spending.

Solo opens on 25th May. I expect another surge in interest in the game at that point. It will be interesting to see if the Devs can capitalise on it.

EDIT 2:

In order to encourage new player retention, I think some of the long-standing new player complaints should be addressed, including long upgrade times once they hit L4 and L5, and having their bases attacked by much higher commanders.

Let's hope that the next shedding of Imperial players is a lot less. Because the Imperial playerbase can't do those numbers more than 4 times before there's nothing left.
I wish we could see levels.

Nothing will be done to capitalise on a potential influx of new players. The new players will come just as an EP event is running for Solo units and thus new Imperial commanders will be hammered by Rebels.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#170 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:03 am

If you "fix" matchmaking, I predict many Rebels will leave the game. The Imperial guard reserve makes same-level attacks as an average Rebel pretty miserable. You have several options:

A) Plan to lose.
B) Spend all forces, air, and SC and wait twenty minutes to several hours to rebuild and attack (for two minutes of gameplay).
C) Spend all forces, air, and SC and pay money to play.
D) Find something more enjoyable to do.

Right now, we have option E: skip on Tatooine till you find a low-level or dev base to attack, which is what I will freely admit to doing during EP events. Otherwise, I don't play except for wars. The game's just no fun.

Note that I said "average Rebel" above. Yes, a skilled Rebel commander like Erik and DrPain can beat guard reserve without air and SC consistently. But most of us cannot.

My own suspicion (which well may be wrong) is that they're just milking the SWC cow till they put her down. An intern puts in an hour or two a week to keep the lights on (a single unit from Solo, a rewording of the script for the next EP event), and they rake in a proportionately higher profit. Eventually, the playerbase will get small enough that the Windows closing will happen on iOS and Android.

But I have been known to be wrong. From time to time.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~149,500 medals. Newborn Prestige Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Rank 30. Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Return to “General Discussions”