All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#151 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:08 am

They should reduce war roster to 10, but keep the one size matching pool. Otherwise (supporting different size pools) would be a disaster for match making as there is just not enough squads to maintain multiple pools.

Active squads with more than 20 warring players can form an extra warring squad.

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#152 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:34 pm

April 3 numbers: 141,449 Imperial commanders; 95,717 Rebel commanders (237,166 total)

15,970 Imperial squads; 10,196 Rebel squads.

Numbers for today, 6 May 2018:

121,116 Imperial commanders; 87,267 Rebel commanders (208,383 overall).

16,024 Imperial squads; 10,229 Rebel squads (26,253 overall).

Admittedly, as DS said earlier, these numbers may be skewed by the recent changes to KSOD in removing certain squads.

Still, the trend of fewer players and more squads continues, interestingly.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#153 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:13 am

More squads with fewer players...
This may be interesting, but imho it is not a sign of health for the game. If these figures are accurate, it means that roughly one in 9 players has quit over one month... which means SWC is bleeding players big time. If you would further correct for multiple accounts (I have 2, some players I know have more) the real number of active players in squads able to war (so discounting 1-14 accounts squads) is probably about 10-20% lower even....
Proud Officer of Squad_Tedford <Perks L50>, relaxed though very powerful ksod top-100 squad, great war record, sharp donations and longtime players, L9 and up. Worldwide English speaking squad, PM me if interested 8-)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#154 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:52 am

more squads and less players could be a symptom of:
- squad merges resulted in new squad names being created. For example (QW+O66, Havoc+PLC). Squad merges are typically because there weren't enough active player in the squad to continue.
- special temporary warring squads created to host squad wars from players coming from various squads to join war, then returning home after war completes.

The number of squads is not a key indicator for the health of the game. The number of active players is.

DeathStriker

Post#155 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:11 am

DeathStriker wrote: :arrow: DUE TO the recent Major Change on the KSoD Squad Ranking Website - posted here - I expect the "numbers" to drop when the next "data snapshot" is taken.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:{New Stats}

Admittedly, as DS said earlier, these numbers may be skewed by the recent changes to KSOD in removing certain squads.

Still, the trend of fewer players and more squads continues, interestingly.

UPDATE: Question Answered

I queried those whom maintain the KSoD Website and they confimed that:

• The segregated / sequestered Squads don't show in the Ranking Pages...

- BUT -

• The segregated / sequestered Squads do show (effect) the numbers for Squads and Commanders found on the KSoD Stats Page.
AND SO... The "increase" in Squads and "drop" in Players are "actual" VALUES and do not need to be offset (modified) as a result of the change to KSoD where they segregated / sequestered Squads.

Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#156 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:41 am

Data from 4th May
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DeathStriker

Post#157 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:07 am

KSoD Statistics Trend Analysis - UPDATE

Using the "initial data" and various Screenshots posted by ObiWanKenobi2016 I put the data for SQUAD TOTALS and COMMANDER TOTALS for each FACTION into Microsoft Excel and created two "Trend Charts" as follows:

SWC Squads by Faction Trend Analysis
(Click here to view LARGER image)

SWC Commanders by Faction Trend Analysis
(Click here to view LARGER image)

DATA SOURCES:

ANALYSIS:

• The overall "trend" for the number of Squad per Faction shows a continued ⬆ Increase .
  • The overall "trend" for the number of Commanders per Faction shows a continued ⬇ Decrease .
Post below any comments both Pro and Con...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Spirit
Commodore

Post#158 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:49 am

Just a question which has probably been asked before. Is there any way of picking up the data on players in squads that have never warred and active players not in a squad?
That would help get a good overview but not sure that data would be available to see?
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#159 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:06 pm

Yes, that data would expand the view considerably, but it cannot be done.

The data from KSOD is extracted only from the players in the squads which has matched in a squad war, as that's all we can "access".

Everything else is too buried.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Proud member and officer of The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#160 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:03 pm

legofanatikeren wrote:Yes, that data would expand the view considerably, but it cannot be done.

The data from KSOD is extracted only from the players in the squads which has matched in a squad war, as that's all we can "access".

Everything else is too buried.

Ok, thanks for prompt reply.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

Return to “General Discussions”