All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DrPain
Commodore

Re: All player stats - data from the KSoD website

Post#111 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:12 pm

The problems to me are fairly obvious: bad gameplay, a huge grind to stay up to date, and no sense of things improving in the future (mostly due to devs greed). I don't think that it has much to do w/ tie-ins w/ the new movie or anything like that.

The state of the game is a real shame. The gameplay was solid before the armory was introduced. Both factions were fairly well-balanced as was offense vs defense (incl the relevance of the attack clock). They did a fairly solid job in introducing new units (e.g. cantina units) and tweaking old ones (e.g. vans, atrt, bikes, hfds) w/o making them OP or useless. There was also a variety of different options that you could use (incl air).

All that went out the window shortly after the armory got introduced. Now people bounce around between OP unit to OP unit. Seems like the only thing that the devs are concerned about is squeezing more money from people w/o adding anything to the gameplay. This is why you get like 5 conflicts a week. And (at least while I was playing), people were game for it. The threshold for UCL for many of those conflicts were insane. That probably only incentivized the devs to continue what they were doing.

Personally, I don't think that the devs will change. I suspect that they'll keep introducing things for people to chase and when the numbers drop too low, they'll cut the cord.

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#112 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:32 pm

And active war rebels just dropped under 100k for the first time I can remember. Imps also continuing to fall.
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

TNT
Major General

Post#113 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:08 am

ObiTwo wrote:And active war rebels just dropped under 100k for the first time I can remember. Imps also continuing to fall.

That's not good. It does match my (far too limited sample) when I was looking for a squad to merge with. So many squads with people problems.
It also rather falls in line with our current war matching, where we either are matched below our lvl or above our lvl.

I wonder if they'll try and reverse the trend. It's easy enough, completely redo the Armory and get rid of Vanguard and Sniper GR.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
Drama free, laid back, regular wars and multiple time zones coverage.
No Line or Discord required. (though the latter is available if you want to)

Also available in a trial version.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#114 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 am

It is getting really bad ... the sensortower combined numbers for February were just $400k ... down from $700k in January, $800k in December and doing right at $1 million in September and October.

That is a really bad drop in revenue.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#115 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:53 am

TNT wrote:...
I wonder if they'll try and reverse the trend. It's easy enough, completely redo the Armory and get rid of Vanguard and Sniper GR.

I agree. I think the Guard Reserve has been a very damaging development in the game. It would be better if it was completely taken out. Giving Rebels and Imps different units was particularly damaging.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Re: All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

Post#116 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:24 am

I notice that there are only conflicts on 3 planets this week, Tat, Dando and Hoth - 1 desert planet, 1 green and Hoth. This should concentrate commanders' attentions, and that the rewards are Classic Elite units. As I recall, they have had higher UC scores, although I'm not sure that the units up for grabs are the most popular ones.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#117 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:30 am

I don't know. The numbers certainly aren't great, but people have been claiming the game would end for years now. Let's just have fun and enjoy it and not worry about whether the bomb will drop or not.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Pirate
Major General

Post#118 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:42 am

Midge wrote:It is getting really bad ... the sensortower combined numbers for February were just $400k ... down from $700k in January, $800k in December and doing right at $1 million in September and October.

It is unsettling to see the player numbers dropping but it is more concerning to see revenue drop this much. Revenue is the number that matters to the longevity of the game.

It’s a shame that the recent new units have not been worth getting people to chase. I bet people would keep playing and work hard to get frags for stuff like TX, striker / fang, togs, jumps / jets, GR, etc. I'm sure conflicts or events for these units would drive up participation and revenue, they can’t hold them back forever. Naval units are great but I don’t think they’re as valuable or desirable as some of the other ones that we haven’t seen in months.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#119 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:47 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:I don't know. The numbers certainly aren't great, but people have been claiming the game would end for years now. Let's just have fun and enjoy it and not worry about whether the bomb will drop or not.

For years? The game is barely old enough to have a for years designation :D

That said ... when people were claiming it before it was never backed up with anything well documented because the REVENUE was still holding steady, and even increasing at times (I have seen as much as $1.3m reported for a month in the last year).

This recent decrease is VERY notable and very bad. I hope they figure something out to try and encourage the spenders to spend again.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#120 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Midge wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:I don't know. The numbers certainly aren't great, but people have been claiming the game would end for years now. Let's just have fun and enjoy it and not worry about whether the bomb will drop or not.

For years? The game is barely old enough to have a for years designation :D

That said ... when people were claiming it before it was never backed up with anything well documented because the REVENUE was still holding steady, and even increasing at times (I have seen as much as $1.3m reported for a month in the last year).

This recent decrease is VERY notable and very bad. I hope they figure something out to try and encourage the spenders to spend again.

Agreed. And thanks for the financial info, Midge.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

Return to “General Discussions”