All Player Stats - Data From KSoD Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
JDD
Major General

Re: All player stats - data from the KSoD website

Post#11 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Fantastic Master Kenobi! Thanks fer sharing!

Ok, I'm lousy with maths so please don't laugh at my feeble attempt tae show why the Dev$ favour Imp$.

1. The number of Imps leaving / total Imps = ?%
2. The number of Rebs leaving / total Rebs = ?%
3. Ratio # 1 & 2.

Despite GR snipes, Rebs still winning so the Dev$ has tae offer boo$ter in the form of Rodent$. Is it still a myth that Rebels are better attackers? ;) :lol:

TNT
Major General

Post#12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 am

I suppose it makes sense.
As someone else said, if a rebel wants to play there are usually targets around. If an Imperial wants to play, good luck the smaller pool of rebels are hiding under protection because they can barely play the game.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 am

JDD wrote:Fantastic Master Kenobi! Thanks fer sharing!

Ok, I'm lousy with maths so please don't laugh at my feeble attempt tae show why the Dev$ favour Imp$.

3. Ratio # 1 & 2.

Despite GR snipes, Rebs still winning so the Dev$ has tae offer boo$ter in the form of Rodent$. Is it still a myth that Rebels are better attackers? ;) :lol:

Starting with the Imps
171,157 - 162,684 = 8,473 Imps dropped out of the game.
As a percentage of the original figure: 8,473/171,157 = 0.0495 or a 5% reduction in numbers since 30th August

For Rebels
111,941 - 108,291 = 3,650 Rebels dropped out of the game.
As a percentage of the original figure: 3,650/ 111,941 = 0.033 or a 3% reduction in numbers since 30th August

The Imp/Reb player breakdown was 60.4% Imp 39.6% Rebel at 30th August 2017.
It is now 60% Imp and 40% Rebel.

These stats don't assist with whether or not Rebels or Imperials are better attackers. They show that more Imps are quitting. However, they are not quitting in enough numbers to affect the imbalance in faction numbers very much. Rebels remain outnumbered 3:2

Alternatively, the statistics also support the proposition that rebellions are built on hope ...
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

XianLewis
Commodore

Post#14 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:This shows a decline of 13,000 players. Interestingly, the breakdown is that 9,000 of the leavers were Imps, and 4,000 were rebs.

Midge wrote:That shows a decline of 13k players or so. BUT ... it also still includes ANYONE in ANY of the squads that is 28 days inactive. Will be really interested to watch this the next few week.

Agreed. That's why I originally posted the data, and why I'm posting the screen shot for today. It'll be interesting to see the developments over time.

Just posting the link: http://sod.lonegunman.ws/stats
Wish we could see the median instead of the mean. Hard to know what's really average with so many n00bs.
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce
To join our squad or for more information visit http://tiny.cc/eternalforce or join groupchat http://tiny.cc/efchat

LosVega
Major General

Post#15 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Just one question, I thought the info provided by the ksod website was based on squads that have participated in squad wars and their members at the time the bots pull the info. That leaves squads that have not done wars yet and players not in a squad unaccounted for. Don't know those numbers unless someone else has a way of getting it tabulated into the ksod numbers.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

JDD
Major General

Post#16 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:22 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
JDD wrote:Fantastic Master Kenobi! Thanks fer sharing!

3. Ratio # 1 & 2.

Starting with the Imps
171,157 - 162,684 = 8,473 Imps dropped out of the game.
As a percentage of the original figure: 8,473/171,157 = 0.0495 or a 5% reduction in numbers since 30th August

For Rebels
111,941 - 108,291 = 3,650 Rebels dropped out of the game.
As a percentage of the original figure: 3,650/ 111,941 = 0.033 or a 3% reduction in numbers since 30th August

The Imp/Reb player breakdown was 60.4% Imp 39.6% Rebel at 30th August 2017.
It is now 60% Imp and 40% Rebel.

These stats don't assist with whether or not Rebels or Imperials are better attackers. They show that more Imps are quitting. However, they are not quitting in enough numbers to affect the imbalance in faction numbers very much. Rebels remain outnumbered 3:2

Alternatively, the statistics also support the proposition that rebellions are built on hope ...

+10000000 ;)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 am

XianLewis wrote:Just posting the link: http://sod.lonegunman.ws/stats
Wish we could see the median instead of the mean. Hard to know what's really average with so many n00bs.

It's the same stats whether on KSoD or Lonegunmen. It's the data from Kender's bots.

But the stats give only a snapshot. The purpose of this thread is to keep track of those snapshots so we can see trends over time.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#18 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:22 am

LosVega wrote:Just one question, I thought the info provided by the ksod website was based on squads that have participated in squad wars and their members at the time the bots pull the info. That leaves squads that have not done wars yet and players not in a squad unaccounted for. Don't know those numbers unless someone else has a way of getting it tabulated into the ksod numbers.

Yes, you're right about the KSoD website. As I understand it, the bot trawls all of the squads, but only the data for squads that participate in Wars is put into the KSoD / Lonegunmen website.

That does leave some squads unaccounted for. But 1) this is the best data we have, and 2) it's mostly new players that aren't in squads large enough to war that are missed, and they only need to War once to be added to the KSoD website. It follows from this that the unaccounted for players are not statistically significant either in numbers or ability, as they are almost certainly new players that play the game very briefly, and at a v low level.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#19 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 am

Very interesting to follow along with.
Always interesting to see what is actually myth and what is fact - and I'm surprised (almost) every time!

I will definitely keep an eye on the findings here, keep up the good work gents.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Proud member and officer of The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

TwoEyedNic
Commander

Post#20 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Question:
KSoD and in-game squad rank differs. Any reason? Which do we go by?
Terrible Two - Leader of the ImperialPirates

Level 43

Return to “General Discussions”