Best ways to promote and recruit?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
PiperDoom
Storm Trooper

Best ways to promote and recruit?

Post#1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:19 pm

There we were, an up and coming squad winning our wars pretty regularly, when the leader suddenly quit without notice. Leadership fell to the member with the most medals, but apparently this member doesn't check the chat screen very often. I'm not sure he even realizes he's the leader. So much for fighting in squad wars.

A group of four of us decided to start a new squad, called EmeraldIslanders, in an attempt to start again and regain our former budding glory. (The name is a nod to the squad we left which was similar.) We didn't necessarily WANT to leave, but it was looking like the old squad was bound to become stagnant.

Our problem is...how on earth do we get members?? I posted below in the "Squads Center - Join/recruit Empire Squads" thread, but only 4 people have seen it, and it hasn't translated into any new members yet.

Are there other ways to attract new members here that I'm unaware of? Is there a way to get our new squad listed in the "featured" squads in the game?

Any help or advice would be appreciated! THANKS!!

DeathStriker

Re: Best ways to promote and recruit?

Post#2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:35 pm

PiperDoom wrote:Are there other ways to attract new members here that I'm unaware of? Is there a way to get our new squad listed in the "featured" squads in the game?

Any help or advice would be appreciated! THANKS!!

PiperDoom - Getting new Members is difficult for a Squad being re-born or started from scratch.

As posted in other threads once you get 15 to 20 Member you will eventually appear in the In-Game Featured Squads list.

Recommend you read the Thread Starting a new squad and getting additional squad members for tips and advice.

In the mean time you could also update your Forum Signature to include a "Recruitment Line" (see my Signature for example).

Good luck in your efforts and perhaps we will meet on the Battlefield...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Swad
Major General

Post#3 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Yes lots of useful info in other threads. If you need help getting up to 15 to get on the featured list send me a pm. There are other players who help in that capacity too. Depends whether you want newbies or experienced players and which faction you are. I am happy to help any faction if needed.
Good luck PiperDoom
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#4 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:05 pm

better to join another squad, rather starting a new one, if you only have 4.
With 4 active members, you and your friends would be welcome by many squads out there.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#5 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:54 pm

If this new leader is inactive, he will get booted after 30 days.. maybe keep posting every time he requests troops, if he ever does, to get his attention? Idk, but sounds harsh.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

PiperDoom
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Thank you all for the advice so far!

Swad, I can't seem to send you a PM... I'm guessing because I'm new here. Is it possible for you to PM me?

I'd really like to give this squad a fair shot before giving up. I think it's a matter of exposure at this point, and if I can get us to show up on "featured" then we might be able to make it fly.

Thanks all!

Jamison74
Cadet Trooper

Post#7 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:28 am

It’s so hard for a fledgling squad to get new members the way the system is set up. I think maybe we can help each other out here, we just happened to lose 5 players due to inactivity. We are a very active squad, we donate, we love to War and we win. We are ranked 186 in Squad Wars and War often. I know going from leader to member is a shock to the system but i am sure that for yourself we can free up an officer position (we only have 6, so it holds its value) Maybe give us a trial run for a week and see how we fit.
We are “Sith-Society”, if you choose to join us please put “Jamison sent me” in your request notes.

Bombardo
Commodore

Post#8 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:53 am

PiperDoom wrote:Any help or advice would be appreciated! THANKS!!

DarkRebel wrote:better to join another squad, rather starting a new one, if you only have 4.
With 4 active members, you and your friends would be welcome by many squads out there.

I think as Dark Rebel suggested you are better off looking for an active squad that can take you in, check out the recruitment topics according to your faction.

XianLewis
Commodore

Post#9 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Like ours. Join our squad.
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce
To join our squad or for more information visit http://tiny.cc/eternalforce or join groupchat http://tiny.cc/efchat

Richaldo
Major General

Post#10 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:25 am

Deleted
Richaldo. SITh
100000 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Return to “General Discussions”