Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Is The Use of Bots or Macros Cheating?

Strongly Agree
62%
Somewhat Agree
8%
Neither Agree or Disagree
11%
Somewhat Disagree
8%
Strongly Disagree
11%
Total votes: 380

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Re: Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

Post#91 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:02 pm

In the macros being discussed, there is no assessment of what the base is like, or how good it is. The program simply deploys the same troops in the same corner / edge spot every time, on every base it attacks. It only succeeds as a strategy because the units it's deploying are many levels above that of the base they are attacking - eg level 7 or 8 attack units attacking a level 4 base.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

BLOODYRANCOR
Commander

Post#92 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:23 am

Cant figure how auto clicks are fair,if i cant use them but a pc player can,its not about skill anymore,just loopholes exploited. Revenge is there for a reason,if u are hiding under a loophole that gives u protection from revenge,dont brag about anything u didnt earn like the rest of us with android/ios only and deserve no recognition for greatness of any kind aside from bein waaay smarter than needed for an app game.

LosVega
Admiral

Post#93 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:10 pm

With the latest news......

PartylikeVader is dead.... banned....banished.... Sucked into a Sarlacc pit on a planet about to be fired upon by Starkiller base. That same planet is hopefully between a black hole and a star about to go supernova and for added measure, NCC-1701D just launched a genesis torpedo just to make sure............

No further updates needed, don't go away mad.... Just go away...........
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

ObiTwo
Major General

Post#94 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Reporting cheats does eventually pay off... :)
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)

PartylikeVader
Captain

Post#95 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:29 pm

If you haven’t accepted Zynga TOS or logged in recently it says you’re banned. Myself nor my squad is banned. Thank you for the extra attention though.
Rath Severus
Leader of PartylikeVader

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#96 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:41 pm

LosVega wrote:With the latest news......

PartylikeVader is dead.... banned....banished.... Sucked into a Sarlacc pit on a planet about to be fired upon by Starkiller base. That same planet is hopefully between a black hole and a star about to go supernova and for added measure, NCC-1701D just launched a genesis torpedo just to make sure............

Plv's computer was stolen. A Gofundme has been initiated to replace it. :lol:
Screenshot_20181119-184027.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

LosVega
Admiral

Post#97 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:

I will donate only if the replacement is restricted to 512k ram, 100Mb hard drive and runs on WIndows ME only. 8-) 8-) 8-)
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#98 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:01 pm

LosVega wrote:
Forceisweaknyou wrote:

I will donate only if the replacement is restricted to 512k ram, 100Mb hard drive and runs on WIndows ME only. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Hahaha
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#99 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:53 am

[stands on soapbox]

I've re-read this thread and I'll put it to you this way if you are using bots... you may THINK that you're not hurting anybody, but really think about it. If a newb 10-12 year old can't do on it on his newly downloaded version of Star Wars: Commander what you are doing with a bot, your bot is an unfair advantage and shouldn't be used (and Disney said don't do it).

After re-reading this thread I now realize that many people are using bots to get into Ultra Chrome in conflicts. That is a real bummer for me and explains why it is SO hard to grind "manually" into UC. I've seriously considered dropping this game for a game without such cheaters after reading this thread. Maybe you don't care if you are using a bot. Here's an unintended consequence... I play 4 bases, lead 2 squads, and if I quit because I think the game is no longer worth my time because I'm not willing to use bots to get an advantage, then I estimate roughly 10 people will quit with me, if not more, so please start caring.

I've played this game for 3+ years and even though I've been sent on links via LINE to macros/bots for collecting resources, saving base layouts, automate attacks, keep Gameroom active so I can't be attacked via mouse movers, etc. I've never actually followed the links and used macros/bots. Thought about it, but never done it.

Why? I have 10-12 year old kids playing this game and I don't want an unfair advantage over them. If you were a kid and you realized you had no shot to compete because you don't know how to use bots, would you waste your time with this game? This game (and really all games like this) need new players or the game eventually dies.

So again, ask yourself if your using macros/bots is really inviting to new players or not? If you don't care, realize that once cheating becomes widespread the game will die... just look at the bots (mouse movers to keep bases active, AKA free protection and the resulting CNFO hell) that effectively killed the Windows version of SWC if you don't believe me.

'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.' - George Santayana

[gets down from soap box]

TSQL
Commodore

Post#100 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:39 am

+1 Well Said geoman48
Officer in JediTempleBlue
Windows Refugee

Return to “General Discussions”