Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Is The Use of Bots or Macros Cheating?

Strongly Agree
61%
Somewhat Agree
9%
Neither Agree or Disagree
12%
Somewhat Disagree
8%
Strongly Disagree
10%
Total votes: 334

Fivecrayfish
Squadron Leader

Re: Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

Post#81 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:15 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Fivecrayfish wrote:Long discussion, don't know if it's still going or not, but here is my 2 cents :

If real crystal were used, then not otherwise anyone got any proof that this is possible without alteration of code feel free to tell me how (remember bots only).

where do you draw the line ?

And it's not just me, it is CLEARLY DOCUMENTED in Disney user agreement that you can not use any automation to play the game. (your can check out the agreement at http://www.disneytermsofuse.com.com)

Use whatever the game provides to play the game. That's fair. That's competing on equal basis. Using automation to play the game put the player at a significant advantage (if not, then why use it anyway), and that's unfair for those who can't use them (on iOS).

The world is an unfair place, using crystals also gives players advantages as well.

Anyways, when I used to use them (haven't used since the windows version were stopped) I used them at my own risk and so did my friends, it's the same as drinking wine or gambling.

I, nor my friends thought it cheating that we used simple clicking machines to train troops / collect resources (the last macro is irrelevant now since at HQ10 you get the new droid for that). It was just to make our lives easier.

I played the game (and still play) soley for fun and entertainment, and I saw problems with it :

- you can't upgrade multiple walls without using gems (a pain in the rear). So I created a simple script to do just that. (It would speed upgrade, simple macro and a loop).
- train troops is repitative, macro already told
- resource collector (it took Disney 4yrs)

These are simple luxuries and they were meant to make player's life easier. We created our own and used them.

It's that simple. None of these ever harmed anyone else in anyway, it just made it easier for us to play.

You don't need an AC to live, but it makes life easier if you live in a desert. what do you think ?

These endavors among others, were us learning (I used to suck at chess as a child, so I created an AI to beat the chess game at hard and in doing so actually learnt how to play chess)

I see a ton of members complaining on no macros or whatever, I disagree and if Disney disagrees they can delete my account (or all 8 for that matter), but as you can see I am still here 4yrs later macros, even used some for attacking (horrible idea, didn't win a single one. it was a test).

Have you never used a mod for GTA, well guess what it is way ahead of what a simple macro and according to their policy not allowed, yet millions of mods exist and they actually even support these.

If Disney releases a statement saying players will be banned for using macros to collect resources/train troops/upgrade walls etc..we'll see, so far they have not done anything against us.
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#82 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:15 am

darthdoodie wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:You don't have to level every base, just the Dev bases that show up rather frequently. Recognize when they appear, and use one of your 10 canned attacks to get a 3*. Great for conflicts and EP events, which lets you maximize frags while everyone else works to try to keep pace.

I dont quite follow. Are you suggesting a macro program that can recognise a type of base and attack in a manner customised for said base?
Or a user skipping bases (semi-)manually, then attacking in a pre-made fashion for the base of their choosing?

I was thinking full-blown automation. But figuring out when a dev base is present and which one it is might be tricky.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

Fivecrayfish
Squadron Leader

Post#83 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:You don't have to level every base, just the Dev bases that show up rather frequently. Recognize when they appear, and use one of your 10 canned attacks to get a 3*. Great for conflicts and EP events, which lets you maximize frags while everyone else works to try to keep pace.

I dont quite follow. Are you suggesting a macro program that can recognise a type of base and attack in a manner customised for said base?
Or a user skipping bases (semi-)manually, then attacking in a pre-made fashion for the base of their choosing?

I was thinking full-blown automation. But figuring out when a dev base is present and which one it is might be tricky.

It could be done, if you had access to their code and they actually record if the base you are attacking is dev or player but that'd be too complicated to attempt for a stupid game. and macros kinda suck bad at attacking (I know from experience)
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

FruitBowlMafia
Commodore

Post#84 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:45 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:

These PLV Bone Heads have sand bagger bases with two turrets.

It doesn’t matter if they get a Dev base or not with their high level attacking troops deployed on tiny lil bases.
Lone_Rebellion

erfs
Commodore

Post#85 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:59 am

mkenobi wrote: Everything created to give you some advantage in the game over normal players is cheating. I never used them and I won't use.

Who agrees and say here that are using them not only is proving his dishonesty but his own incompetence to get a reward that you can earn just playing fair. I'm in UC on Tatooine with only 37 attacks/15,900 pts (1820) while the player in the 2nd place has 600 attacks/101,000 pts! I'm getting the same 32 frags for IAs. So why to use Bots/Macros if you can get the reward with just a few attacks? Only to have your name at the top of the leaderboard?

Wonderful and weird world we are living now...

Could not agree more with you Mkenobi. What I am really wondering about is "what's the point of all of this".

So some "players" use Macros to automate attacks. This gets them in UC at every event, giving them stronger buffs / units which in the end help making their automated attacks more successful.

But - not having played themselves much but instead relying on some macro to spam troops for them, they do not know how to play well. Do they also use a macro to lower their medal count in between conflicts so that they get matched up to easier bases ?

Me, I enjoy the game. By playing it and talking to other players, I learn something new and what works and what doesn't all the time and improve my strategy. I am no longer a fan of grinding, having "good enough" units as a result of spending too much time playing SWC earlier on.

But what I have, *I* earned, not a program.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#86 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Fivecrayfish wrote:If Disney releases a statement saying players will be banned for using macros to collect resources/train troops/upgrade walls etc..we'll see, so far they have not done anything against us.

Why would they release any further statement if their user agreement (which you should have read and accepted before you downloaded and installed the game) already clearly stated that you can't do this.

https://disneytermsofuse.com/english/

Additional Restrictions on Use of the Disney Services

We do not allow uses of the Disney Services that are commercial or business-related, or that advertise or offer to sell products or services (whether or not for profit), or that solicit others (including solicitations for contributions or donations). You agree not to knowingly or recklessly introduce a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tamper with, impair or damage any Disney Service or connected network, or interfere with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of any Disney Service. You agree not to use any software or device that allows automated gameplay, expedited gameplay, or other manipulation of gameplay or game client and you agree not to cheat or otherwise modify a Disney Service or game experience to create an advantage for one user over another. Additionally, you agree not to access, monitor or copy, or permit another person or entity to access, monitor or copy, any element of the Disney Services using a robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or manual process without our express written permission.

---

Now breaking the law, and law enforcement are 2 different things. Don't be confused.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#87 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:32 pm

DarkRebel wrote:.....
Now breaking the law, and law enforcement are 2 different things. Don't be confused.

This conversation occurred relatively recently
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23536&start=30#p85037

Many things that we "like" or "allow" break the user agreement. Its just a huge amount of hypocricy and hyperbole about macro users that keeps the forum happy. Just call them a immigrant caravan already.... :roll:

Fivecrayfish
Squadron Leader

Post#88 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:01 am

I know very well that they are different, also like I said I stopped using them a long time ago.

"... you agree not to cheat or otherwise modify a Disney Service or game experience to create an advantage for one user over another"

Hum, well guess they really do have that policy, oh well guess I am liable to have my accounts banned ? But IMO no harm came to anyone from this, and since I stopped using a long time ago I guess I can rest easy, and next time instead of creating macros, send Disney(what ever company own this now) ideas, oh I remembered Disney doesn't really care that much about user gameplay (hence users having to use macros to speed it up a bit). But whatever if they disagree with us using it, I guess we shouldn't.

Chaotic999
Lieutenant

Post#89 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 am

I sometimes use auto mouse clicker so when I go for a piss or a shit I can leave my game on as I cant be bothered setting defense or attack buffs when I leave or come back and also so I don't have to wait for gameroom and swc to load up. I never use it for protection as I like getting attacked although that is very rare now. Not cheating just lazy imo.
Anyway I have seen the odd post here about old windows imp squads using it for protection, well its a bit hypocritical as I remember Lots of reb players in the Top squads with very low defense wins and you could never find them, they know who they are one was even a leader, they were either very very bad at making a good defense base or they were autoclicking for hours to protect there cb stash. I had over 7k def wins on windows btw so no I did not use auto for protection.

DesertPyramid
Major General

Post#90 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:18 am

When I noticed macro players attacking (by reviewing the replays and seeing the same troops in the same order in the same general area), the best defense I found was to relocate an L10 Fang trap just in front of their deployment drop spot towards my HQ.

They did not come back. I was kind of hoping they would.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L36
Medals: ~43k Deka/o: 31/23 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

Return to “General Discussions”