Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Is The Use of Bots or Macros Cheating?

Strongly Agree
61%
Somewhat Agree
9%
Neither Agree or Disagree
12%
Somewhat Disagree
8%
Strongly Disagree
10%
Total votes: 332

darthdoodie
Commodore

Re: Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

Post#71 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Fivecrayfish wrote:Long discussion, don't know if it's still going or not, but here is my 2 cents :
"a macro for attacking and leveling every base."

Doesn't work. I am programmer and level of complexity required to create such a program that could level any lvl 10 base is not gonna happen any time soon. Sorry folks,

Certainly is a long discussion, with the same ppl trotting out the same lines...

Your quote above sums up perfectly something I have suspected for a long time but just couldn't be bothered mentioning to the witch-hunting mob here. I have been attacked by 2 seperate members of the maligned squad that is the brunt of this topic...I won both defences. I noticed a few posts in the last couple of months mentioning also winning defences against the same squad attacks. Against real/similar level bases (even dev bases), I suspect a macro attack will fail far more than it succeeds.

Now, against a significantly weaker base...sure, the sheer strength of the attacking troops will overwhelm the base. Is that a macro issue or a matchmaking issue? I'd suggest the latter (as another has mentioned just above).

As for the line that "they are always online"....a quick glance at a certain squad shows they have an average # defense wins across the squad of 124, slightly below the Imp average D of 145 (http://ksod.us/stats). Every member of the squad I looked at has at least 1 D win, more than half have over 100...so how do they win Ds while constantly being online? Maybe the power went out so they were offline for a while? :|

Do they cost you a spot in UCL? Maybe...maybe you could just work a bit more to secure it? I recall being a tako a few months ago with 30 mins left in a conflict, sitting at 2.02%. 1 3-star attack got me to 1.87%, 1 more 3-star and I was at 1.68%. Are you competing against macro players who sit on the leaderboard? Or are you competing against the guys sitting at 2.01 - 1.9%?
Did you know by keeping your medal count low, you can find easier bases to attack AND get more conflict gears per attack, thus allowing you to make fewer attacks and hit UCL? Maybe those medal sandbaggers are pushing you out of UCL just as much as a macro user? Again, that would be a matchmaking issue.

A casual reader of the forums might believe macro usage is killing the game...... :lol:
Do I like macro users? No
Do I care that others may use macros? No
Is it the biggest problem with the game? No
Is it a big problem at all? I dont think so
Will ppl continue to bash/blame macros at every opportunity? Yup.....

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#72 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:22 pm

What he said, lol.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#73 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:32 pm

darthdoodie wrote:As for the line that "they are always online"

We can speculate, or simply observe his own admissions of cheating to stay online.
Screenshot_20181104-152628.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#74 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Ok, so now I understand why I have great difficulty getting to or maintaining UC on some planets. I'm fortunate enough to be able to play at work, so some shifts I can play for 10 hours, and then get in another 1 or 2 hours at home. Even with all that play I struggle to make UC sometimes. So it's the cheaters using macros that are killing my legitimate hard grinding.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#75 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Fivecrayfish wrote:"a macro for attacking and leveling every base."

Doesn't work. I am programmer and level of complexity required to create such a program that could level any lvl 10 base is not gonna happen any time soon. Sorry folks

You don't have to level every base, just the Dev bases that show up rather frequently. Recognize when they appear, and use one of your 10 canned attacks to get a 3*. Great for conflicts and EP events, which lets you maximize frags while everyone else works to try to keep pace.
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#76 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 am

Forceisweaknyou wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:As for the line that "they are always online"

We can speculate, or simply observe his own admissions of cheating to stay online.

Your screenshot library is imporessive. Care to comment on the defensive wins accrued by the player in question?

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#77 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:57 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:You don't have to level every base, just the Dev bases that show up rather frequently. Recognize when they appear, and use one of your 10 canned attacks to get a 3*. Great for conflicts and EP events, which lets you maximize frags while everyone else works to try to keep pace.

I dont quite follow. Are you suggesting a macro program that can recognise a type of base and attack in a manner customised for said base?
Or a user skipping bases (semi-)manually, then attacking in a pre-made fashion for the base of their choosing?

Fivecrayfish
Squadron Leader

Post#78 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:43 am

darthdoodie wrote:
XitLiteNtrNite wrote:You don't have to level every base, just the Dev bases that show up rather frequently. Recognize when they appear, and use one of your 10 canned attacks to get a 3*. Great for conflicts and EP events, which lets you maximize frags while everyone else works to try to keep pace.

I dont quite follow. Are you suggesting a macro program that can recognise a type of base and attack in a manner customised for said base?
Or a user skipping bases (semi-)manually, then attacking in a pre-made fashion for the base of their choosing?

Doesn't that kinda beat the point and is even more stupid that if you actually have to be on and skip till you find a base, might as well attack yourself ? If you have to manually skip you can manually attack as well ?
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

Fivecrayfish
Squadron Leader

Post#79 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:59 am

darthdoodie wrote:
Fivecrayfish wrote:Long discussion, don't know if it's still going or not, but here is my 2 cents :

Doesn't work. I am programmer and level of complexity required to create such a program that could level any lvl 10 base is not gonna happen any time soon. Sorry folks,

Certainly is a long discussion, with the same ppl trotting out the same lines...

Your quote above sums up perfectly something I have suspected for a long time but just couldn't be bothered mentioning to the witch-hunting mob here. I have been attacked by 2 seperate members of the maligned squad that is the brunt of this topic...I won both defences. I noticed a few posts in the last couple of months mentioning also winning defences against the same squad attacks. Against real/similar level bases (even dev bases), I suspect a macro attack will fail far more than it succeeds.

Alright, so to satisfy any curious reader who are going to say no it can be done, me and a bunch of friends actually tried this, we created a imperial base and then using simple macro (click on barracks, hold button to train for 20s, exit, click on attack and deploy in a specific pattern, I won't tell exact specifications) but here is what we found (we tried an attacks using our bases) :

- lvl 2 attack : always 15 stromies we won every time
- lvl 3 attack : same (troops at lvl 3, everything else lvl 1)
- lvl 4 attack : same (troops increased a bit)

^ all said attacks were against lvl 2 players 2-4 turrets (total attacks : 10)

but when we tried these on our bases we kinda sucked, even with all troops deployed we hit a problem, some bases were expanded so you couldn't deploy in the base our macro failed since it couldn't deploy troops.

some bases were ready for conrner attacks and problem is computer is dumb is kept deploying and still same result

in the end 8 attacks done we didn't win a single one (it was in the old days when you could play on computer)
lesson : don't think computers are intelligent (we still outsmart them, since we created them)

Also the reason I tried this was because at that time we were doing some research (note I tried this tactic in Clash of clan with same dumb result)

(don't judge, I have tried a lot of things in games using AI,macros,bots)
Been playing since day 1, was there to see all the blunders this game made, had over 8 accounts (rebel/imp), still no idea why I'm playing.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#80 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:46 am

"is the use of macro for training troops wrong".

No, because at Best it would simply load your specific loadout in and you'd still have to wait the same time as anyone else.

"is the use of macro for collecting crates wrong"

Nope, again nothing wrong.

Now on to the serious ones :

"is using bots to make sure you stay on 24/7 in order to avoid getting attacked wrong."

Well, that depends not in the spirit of game, but definitely nothing wrong.

another was : "using bot to speed up vehicle/troop build time."

If real crystal were used, then not otherwise anyone got any proof that this is possible without alteration of code feel free to tell me how (remember bots only).

where do you draw the line ?
What is considered "cheating" or wrong in your opinion ?

To me, stealing a cookie from a cookie jar, or robbing the bank are both wrong.

To me, using bots/macros to play the game, however/whichever way is just wrong. But of course, there are different levels of severity (like stealing from a cookie jar or robbing a bank), and the one that is not severe is generally tolerated (people don't care) but it doesn't make it right either.

And it's not just me, it is CLEARLY DOCUMENTED in Disney user agreement that you can not use any automation to play the game. (your can check out the agreement at http://www.disneytermsofuse.com.com)

Use whatever the game provides to play the game. That's fair. That's competing on equal basis. Using automation to play the game put the player at a significant advantage (if not, then why use it anyway), and that's unfair for those who can't use them (on iOS).

Return to “General Discussions”