Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Is The Use of Bots or Macros Cheating?

Strongly Agree
61%
Somewhat Agree
9%
Neither Agree or Disagree
12%
Somewhat Disagree
8%
Strongly Disagree
10%
Total votes: 332

Mastermike
Captain

Re: Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

Post#51 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Its clear...using tech stuff its wrong in the view of disney.... BUT if Disney not punish the players who in theory use some tech...well then, disney have some internal rules of how measure when is wrong and when is correct use tech.

In this case not enter the diferent types of grow like mini bases, high level bases with 1-3 base rating etc becuase all the ways to build and grow a base ARE LEGAL.... because if we take in strict mode what they said about taking advantage, well all need to be change...pvp, squad wars sistem, dessapear all the dev empty bases and will be hard for disney make fair matchups in all, because since this game exist is a GAME ABUSER MODE...and if disney change all in a magical scenario well, the only fair way is make all the players start again in equal conditions and this never gonna happen because all the players who invest money will jump and leave the game...

Then, the only explanation for that words are... PLAYERS WHO USE SOME TECH STUFF AND FOR THESE GIVE Her/his SOME ADVANTAGE VS OTHERS PLAYERS ITS ILEGAL WATING ALWAYS DISNEY REMOVE THIS PLAYERS TO WE CAN BE SURE THAT PLAYER WAS MADING CHEAT...THATS ALL... ERGO ALL THE WAYS OF GROW ARE LEGAL SINCE NOW UNTIL DISNEY CHANGE AND FORCE ALL THE PLAYERS TO GROW IN ONE SINGLE WAY AND MAKE FAIR THIS GAME IN THE REST OF THE THINGS I MENTION...
Master Mike. 62k medals. lev.9.
LEADER OF REBELSRAIDERS EMPATHY SQUADS AND MORE.THE BEST WORLDWIDE BROTHERHOOD REBEL FAMILY SQUADS. THE BEST BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE GAME. JOIN US IF YOU ARE LIKE US. ID LINE CONTACT. mastermikeraiders

geoman48
Major General

Post#52 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 am

I voted strongly agree. I've been playing this game 3 years now. I have TOO much time invested in this game for it to be ruined by macros. A little bit of money, but mostly time. It will be a sad day if the game is shut down for cheaters, but that's essentially what happened to the windows version. I was a rebel in the best rebel squad there (NSW), and we KNEW that the best empire squads were actively cheating using autoclickers to keep the base from getting attacked, etc.

Its a slippery slope from get reports from your base, which is fine because Disney does that, to getting any kind of advantage that normal players have. Normal players will leave if they can't possibly compete with the 'bot' players, just plain logical. My $0.02, your mileage may vary.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#53 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 pm

LeprechaunSean wrote:I have been a supporter of sandbagging, and called myself one... However since switching to to Android / ios I've realized that I would barely be considered one here. I am L10 Hq, all L10 offense, all buildings built, all turrets built. My turrets have been the last thing I've been upgrading, which is why I called myself a Sandbagger. Seeing the 'mini' trend makes me wonder what the point is other than squad war stats (hollow stats if you're just killing minnows all day)

The whole point of sandbagging is to make getting frags and upgrades easy.... If you don't have half of the stuff the frags are for, what is the point. I've got everything unlocked now and almost everything maxed, so no reason to sandbag anymore.

I can only guess the reason for minis is to make macros viable and to manipulate matchmaking, but if thats the only way you can win, you're admitting publicly that you suck.

Great points. You dont pull any punches.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#54 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:
Screenshot_20170827-210030.png

From the SWC Terms of Use.

I would say sandbagging definitely consitutes modifying the GAME EXPERIENCE in order to gain an advantage over other players.

UniqueName

Post#55 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:31 pm

I just want to add while it's easy to blame autoclickers for Windows I don't think it was that simple. Windows always had a small playerbase. They never showed the number of people on a planet and in retrospect it would appear intentional. Tatooine conflicts had 20000-25000 participants at best. There were significant numbers of top players who let themselves be attacked. Over 50% of conflict leaders tended to have 100 or more defensive wins. CNFO is what did Windows playerbase in and while autoclickers don't help, Windows had 0 dev bases. Clicking Find a Battle, Attack, Ok ad nauseum for an hour or more and not getting a match is incredibly frustrating, not terribly entertaining, and makes for lousy gameplay. It's like Cookie Clicker but worse. No amount of crystals, load macros, voodoo, or complaining could get you a match. For casual players attacking once a day, CNFO is the ultimate off. At least on Android, I can always attack a dev base and make progress in a conflict. As an aside, because of FOCNFO(Fear of CNFO) I will never join a squad without relo perks again.

TLDR; Autoclickers didn't help the situation but lack of dev bases causing continuous CNFO is a much bigger factor in the demise of Windows. Lack of market share for Windows Phone and inability to play at work probably doesn't help either.

RCM
Commodore

Post#56 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:58 pm

mad from brasil:-]]SP squad used a mouse clicker. 9 days on tat and online 24/7. This game needs a cool-down.
Empire squad: WAR247 232/4/8 W/L/D

LORDPUMPSALOT
Commander

Post#57 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:12 pm

I think it is pretty obvious if you think seriously about it. If you are not just playing the game as the game was made,using any outside influences whatsoever to alter, speed up, change, or anything else the game does not allow you to do, than you are a cheater. if you are not buying crystals and using them to speed load times, you are a cheater. If you are collecting resources without tapping on the buildings, you are a cheater. If you are using ANY other program to do ANYTHING to the game whatsoever, you are a cheater. Whether there is gain or not. I play this game everyday and have been since a couple months after it was created. EVERYTHING I have has been through the game. EVERYTHING I have done with the game has been done through the game. I am very proud of my progress and it is very disturbing that others don't have the same respect I have by playing the game without any other outside influence or computer program. It is a shame there are so many people doing all these things without consequence and it has become, by past comments also fairly accepted. It handicaps others that are doing as I am doing and playing by the rules. Thanks to all the ones who still play as I do and to the rest, YOU ARE CHEATERS. ACCEPT WHO YOU ARE AND STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY IT.

Spirit
Commodore

Post#58 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:34 am

I play this game every day and have never used any kind of macro, bot, automation or purchased crystals. I have started and finished many bases too. This is a game though, no more and no less. I am not too keen if others are using anything that spoils the game for me but it is not clear to me that the "cheats" that are mentioned have any impact on my game.
On balance therefore if people want to fiddle with aspects of this game that gives them some enjoyment, why do I need to know?
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of TeaBagAJedi join us

Reps needed please.....

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#59 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:47 am

Spirit wrote:I play this game every day and have never used any kind of macro, bot, automation or purchased crystals. I have started and finished many bases too. This is a game though, no more and no less. I am not too keen if others are using anything that spoils the game for me but it is not clear to me that the "cheats" that are mentioned have any impact on my game.
On balance therefore if people want to fiddle with aspects of this game that gives them some enjoyment, why do I need to know?

During conflict, bots players take precious UC or obsidian slots away from regular players, hence, impeding their progress, and unfairly punished them with wasted effort trying to get rewards. Imagine you spent 7 days grinding hard, just to be short at the end, because of these bots players who used unconventional technique (not part of the game) to gain unfair advantage and took those spots from you.

Isn’t that a valid enough reason for you ?

Anyone who believes in fair play and sportsmanship will not accept bots players.

JUST DON’T DO IT.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#60 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:18 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Spirit wrote:I play this game every day and have never used any kind of macro, bot, automation or purchased crystals. I have started and finished many bases too. This is a game though, no more and no less. I am not too keen if others are using anything that spoils the game for me but it is not clear to me that the "cheats" that are mentioned have any impact on my game.

During conflict, bots players take precious UC or obsidian slots away from regular players, hence, impeding their progress, and unfairly punished them with wasted effort trying to get rewards. Imagine you spent 7 days grinding hard, just to be short at the end, because of these bots players who used unconventional technique (not part of the game) to gain unfair advantage and took those spots from you.

Isn’t that a valid enough reason for you ?

Anyone who believes in fair play and sportsmanship will not accept bots players.

JUST DON’T DO IT.

This thread has back to life? Okay, let's talk again about bots, macros and clickers.

You can sandbagging your base and you can max out your attack, and have all your turrets and shields at level 1. You can have a mini base, and max out your attack but don't build turrets, traps or shields if you want. Nothing in the game says what you have to build or upgrade in your base.

Is your base, you do what you want, and if you think you can manipulate the matchmaking in Wars and PvP not building/upgrading defenses, or dropping all your medals to 1 to get easy rivals in conflicts, go ahead. The game is full of exploits and stupid algorithms for the matchmaking. It's not your problem. You are just playing the game.

But it's a problem when you use macros, bots, or anything else to get advantage over players that play the game in a honest way. Everything you do to automate the game and prevent you of doing manually your things in the game, is cheating. But if you do this and can sleep at night, it's not your problem, right?
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Return to “General Discussions”