Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Is The Use of Bots or Macros Cheating?

Strongly Agree
61%
Somewhat Agree
9%
Neither Agree or Disagree
12%
Somewhat Disagree
8%
Strongly Disagree
10%
Total votes: 332

Mastermike
Captain

Re: Use of Bots or Macros - Discussion Thread

Post#41 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:30 pm

LosVega wrote:
Mastermike wrote:

Really? Have mini base should be consider cheating?

NO! A "mini" base is by general definition your second (or third or maybe more) account that you have for SWC. I have a mini base and I just upgraded it to level 7. It is a full blown Level 6 with all turrets and every base building for that level. No one I'M aware of including myself said that having a mini base is cheating BUT opening an account AND intentionally keeping your base score low (sandbagging) by not adding turrets and such so that you can take advantage of a much lower matchmaking pool is at the very least frowned upon. Add to that the use of macros to rack up attack wins during conflicts is at the very least CHEATING. Mastermike with all of your squad experience, you should be able to recognize that easily. The issue of manipulating base score to take advantage of in PVP and conflicts is becoming more prolific. There is right now a base in a squad with less than 970 base score with over 24k medals. It probably is unfair to imply that they sandbagged but considering where we are now with SWC how else do we view it?

And i ask and all the modes dont have some way to take advantage? All my friend all...normal mode mini bases etc... My point is..... this game is so easy to win in all the types of play ....

Now if You speak use extra stuff, tech stuff Thats other topic but like always said ....all disney admit is legal...i can have a opinion like a normal common player but only disney based in their rules can tell who is mading cheat or not....

Conflicts..if i want to hit a ultra in my normal bases or mini, etd..both are easy to catch no matter if plv exist, if others made extrange acts to take advantage. If that conflict is full of mini bases or normal bases., etc , i dont care, i m worry only to catch my ultra not what other players are doing..if i want a ultra i hit the ultra based in my effort because in both ways of grow you need to spend big time of hours to catch the leagues.... And im not use tech, i not spend one single token in the game etc..all based in atack for hours...
Last edited by Mastermike on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Master Mike. 62k medals. lev.9.
LEADER OF REBELSRAIDERS EMPATHY SQUADS AND MORE.THE BEST WORLDWIDE BROTHERHOOD REBEL FAMILY SQUADS. THE BEST BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE GAME. JOIN US IF YOU ARE LIKE US. ID LINE CONTACT. mastermikeraiders

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#42 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:49 pm

I don't care if you or anyone else has mini bases. That's not the issue. As I've stated, sandbagging is the issue.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#43 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Sandbagging is not cheating.
Anyone can do it.
The option is available to everyone.

Where I draw the line:
- Non-standard methods, those not supported by the game
- Give player unfair advantage over nomal mode of play
- Has an impact to other players

The HD loop, or the dropping of SC troops early to save SC, to me, could have also been considered cheating. BUT, since this method is well known to the community, anyone can do it, and the impact (HD success) is not direct. It is deemed acceptable by the community (because everyone does it).

JDD
Major General

Post#44 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm

I know it's off the subject but I strongly agree with Plagueis! His solution sounds logical.

I also agree with Mastermike logical solution tae Squad War.

Not everybody does the HD loop & all the aforementioned "tricks" or "cheats". ;)

LosVega
Major General

Post#45 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Sandbagging is not cheating. Correct but it is being abused
Anyone can do it. Agreed but the game was not meant to be played in this manner
The option is available to everyone. So if everyone abuses it, does that make it acceptable?

Where I draw the line:
- Non-standard methods, those not supported by the game Macros
- Give player unfair advantage over normal mode of play Agreed
- Has an impact to other players It actually impacts us all at some point

The HD loop, or the dropping of SC troops early to save SC, to me, could have also been considered cheating. BUT, since this method is well known to the community, anyone can do it, and the impact (HD success) is not direct. It is deemed acceptable by the community (because everyone does it).

At one point in time, sniping the SC with air strikes was considered borderline cheating because there were those of us that wanted "fair" game play vs. those that considered all options available "fair game". Here we are again with the same argument but different issue.

Plagueis wrote:I don't care if you or anyone else has mini bases. That's not the issue. As I've stated, sandbagging is the issue.

I would say sandbagging and (to borrow from DarkRebel) the use of non-standard methods not supported by the game and/or in violation of the end user agreement is the issue.
Last edited by LosVega on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

JDD
Major General

Post#46 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Well said LosVega!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#47 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:23 am

I only say sandbagging is the issue because bots and macros are far less useful and impactful when a player has to wait several minutes after their previous attack to train another successful loadout anyways. Having a high base score slows your attack down and aside from crystal burning, there's no way around that.

LeprechaunSean
Commodore

Post#48 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:56 am

I have been a supporter of sandbagging, and called myself one... However since switching to to Android / ios I've realized that I would barely be considered one here. I am L10 Hq, all L10 offense, all buildings built, all turrets built. My turrets have been the last thing I've been upgrading, which is why I called myself a Sandbagger. Seeing the 'mini' trend makes me wonder what the point is other than squad war stats (hollow stats if you're just killing minnows all day)

The whole point of sandbagging is to make getting frags and upgrades easy.... If you don't have half of the stuff the frags are for, what is the point. I've got everything unlocked now and almost everything maxed, so no reason to sandbag anymore.

I can only guess the reason for minis is to make macros viable and to manipulate matchmaking, but if thats the only way you can win, you're admitting publicly that you suck.
*Formerly* L10/144k+ Medals SenateGuards Windows Platform (a. K. A. ALDERAN Platform )

L6/10 SenateGuards Android/Ios Sandbagger. The mouse is not your friend.

http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#49 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:31 am

Sandbagging is a thing of the past if the devs just change matchmaking. Make 10's attack 10s, 9's attack 9's, on down the line, and give no preference for base score or medals. Sandbaggers will be forced to build and upgrade their turrets. As it stands, I have zero problems with sandbaggers or mini bases. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of the rules, imo, no matter how dumb the rules are.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#50 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Screenshot_20170827-210030.png

From the SWC Terms of Use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Return to “General Discussions”